1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Before Starting a Site (i need your help?)

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by TrinityHD, Jul 15, 2014.

Hello I'm TrinityHD im looking to make a good site but i have no idea on how to work SEO .. etc
    but im asking can someone please help me get started please like with PageRanking on Google also Alexa Ranking , yahoo etc

i need some idea's on a domain name so i can make the site into a SEO Site like this and a Gaming Site also

im only looking for a domain that has (.com)

Thanks for you time and reading my message
    if you can help please comment below if you have any idea's or if you what to help me thanks :)

TrinityHD, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I hate to say it, but if you don't know much about SEO yourself, your ~first site shouldn't revolve around SEO. Know a lot about "gaming"?, stick to that. I can't see them really melding well in one site anyways.

SEO is something your just going to have to learn w/ time and can't really be summed up with one post. I guess I could say download wordpress.org, a decent theme, and the SEO by Yoast plugin (my personal "free" preference) lol, and that should get you started. Get a few pages of content on the site (or not), and submit it to Google and Bing Webmaster (there's tutorials on that everywhere but it's pretty intuitive), and get some social sharing buttons on it. And sign up for google analytics to get you started. All of this is free btw, aside from the hosting.

Research your "niche". Maybe your only concerned w/ MMORPG gaming or first-person shooters, or whatever. I'm not much of a gamer, aside from Halo lol. Choose a niche you'll be happy writing fresh content on frequently and other sites you won't mind spending the time to comment on to grow some awareness in the niche. Success probably won't happen over night.

I guess right out of the gate, learn about using keywords or long tail keywords effectively. Check out the thread for that. Google keyword planner is a good free start, or LongTailPro.com for a premium (there's ideas in that thread)...If there's a question you have, chances are there's already an answer for it on this forum or some article. Overall, it's a trial and error process.

If you decide on just a "gaming" website, which I suggest you do, post the niche your looking for... and i'll PM you some domain ideas if I can find any.

sweetpea69, Jul 15, 2014 IP
    Patricia Ann Lee likes this.
  3. TrinityHD

TrinityHD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    can you help me please ill make you admin or founder

TrinityHD, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  4. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Trinity. If you still need for some help let me know. I could help. Send me a PM.
    Sincerely,
    Matt:)

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  5. domainguru

domainguru Peon

Best Answers:
    I would look for a seo company to assist you and what is your budget for your domain?

domainguru, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    download a business plan template and spend 20 hours working through it - especially the strengths and weakenesses section and decide if you really are the right person for the project.

There will be a site that you can run really, really well - build your business plan around that rather than starting another wannabe site

sarahk, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  7. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of seo sites out there by people who don't honestly know SEO. I agree with Sarah. The reality is that if you honestly want to build a site and you want to be able to post to it well and with the kind of passion that will attract people and impress them, make a site about what you know. Whether it's gaming or live role play or whatever. someone is waiting to read about it and you'll have a lot more fun and be able to write about it with skill and knowledge. It will make all the difference in the world to how well your site is accepted by the online community.

ladymacbeth9, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  8. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with @sweetpea69

How about thinking about your potential users first? If you are planning to a run a site then it should not revolve mainly for Seach Engine but also for your audience too. If there is one thing important for your site it is the audience. audience are the one who gave signals to search engines. If your audience like your content/site then search engines will like it too. So to make it short, focus on what you want to give to your audience first.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 22, 2014 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  9. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree with @sweetpea69 too. You should create a site you can work on with passion. A site that is profitable but you have SOME interest in or at the very least can find high quality content writers to fill in the gaps and make it have authority in its niche. You need to think about what you want out of this site, and work from there. If you're good at niche sites I guess people start sites based purely on profit potential. But if you want to enjoy yourself and dedicate some time and effort into a good quality site--go with gaming (if that's your style). I'd narrow the niche down.
    1. Content is KEY
    2. Goals are important, broken down into smaller goals.
    3. Look at competition
    4. Study SEO and Keyword research
    5. Network with both fellow IMers and people in your niche
    6. Maybe start a blog first, get a following, test the waters, see if you can keep up with content output.
    Good luck!

01123581321345589144, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  10. Charli

Charli Member

Best Answers:
    Ditto.

It appears gaming is your niche.
    Try GamingHQ (for gaming head quarters - not sure if that' taken) or GameMaximus - Almost anything with the letter "X" is memorable.

Charli, Aug 4, 2014 IP