1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted Error

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by yiberkit, Aug 3, 2014.

`Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /home/*****/*****/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 607`
    Code (markup):
    Ive looked up all of the similar topics about this but problem of mine is different than those:

When I tried to enter my site without "www":
    chemicalsubjects.com
    Code (markup):
    it gives me :
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130968 bytes) in /home/*****/*****/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 607

When I tried to enter my site with "www":

www.chemicalsubjects.com
    Code (markup):

There is no error...

I tried to increase memory size by htacces and/or wp-settings.php but it doesnt work.
    I tried to step by step close/open plugins but dont work out!
    Why?

yiberkit, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  2. zacharooni

zacharooni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Probably because your database is bigger than your PHP memory_limit. You would have to increase the global PHP memory_limit value to compensate. Or reduce the size of your database by removing old post revisions and transient entries.

zacharooni, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  3. yiberkit

yiberkit Active Member

Best Answers:
    tried but dont work . I think this issue related to joomla because when I open my site without "www" the title icon is showing joomla icon.
    At first I was created joomla blog after that I deleted it. I couldnt see any file of it now. But why still showing joomla icon?

yiberkit, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The icon is just taken from a file called favicon.ico - use your ftp tool to find it, at some stage you'll want to replace it with something based on your logo.

I'd check with your webhost and see if there is something odd set up for the non-www version of your site. Your hosting normally sends both www and non-www to the same place but they can actually point to different sites on different servers etc.

If there is nothing odd there then create a test file on your server and see what happens when you call it from both url options. I normally create a file like this and call it phpinfo.php
    <?php echo phpinfo();
    Code (markup):
    then try calling it from

and let us know how you get on.

sarahk, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  5. jeffatrackaid

jeffatrackaid Active Member

Best Answers:
    As mentioned, set a PHP info page so you can get the details of the PHP environment.

In addition to memory limits for PHP, I've seen these errors with APC, Xcache or similar PHP opcode caches are in use. Those cache systems also have their own limits which you may not be able to update using .htaccess files.

Also, some hosts do not permit modifying PHP limits via htaccess. You may add the rules there but they will either cause an error or be ignored.

So always load a phpinfo page -- be sure to put this page in the top level directory of your site as well as your application.

For example, if you have
    publc_html/blog/
    Code (markup):
    For your wordpress blog, then put a phpinfo in there as well in case there are per-directory settings for PHP.

jeffatrackaid, Aug 4, 2014 IP