1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $150 Mobile App Design Contest (48 Hours)

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by Chaye, Aug 1, 2014.

This contest is to design 29 screens for a mobile app. For the first step in the contest I only need three screens to be designed (not developed). The winner of this contest will be paid $25 for the first three screens. The Winner will be paid $125 after the other 26 screens are designed.
    You are designing the screens only, NOT the phone. It is important that the designs are created as PSDs for retina iPhone screens.
    Original artwork is great, but stock clipart is fine too. If you are using someone else's art in your design, we need to stay legal, so please be sure to tell me if I will need to include attributions for artwork or if I we will need to purchase pieces of your design before we can use it.
    All questions and submissions must be submitted through the thread. I will not take any PM designs or questions. The Contest will run for 3 days or longer if needed until a winner is decided on.
    This app is a spelling bee app. It will be used for elementary aged children to practice their spelling words. The theme should be based around honey bees and beehives. I want bright golden colors used and with different shades of yellows. It is for children and should grab their attention.
    This is the Logo for the app. upload_2014-8-1_19-24-38.png
    Here are the first three screens Thank You and Good Luck!!
    upload_2014-8-1_19-24-38.png upload_2014-8-1_19-24-38.png upload_2014-8-1_19-24-38.png
    Here is my color pallet
    upload_2014-8-1_19-25-24.png

Chaye, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  2. imhawk

imhawk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 9
    [​IMG]

Images are stock photo, but they are having some kind of promotion, so you can download them for $0.

imhawk, Aug 2, 2014 IP
    YesBoss likes this.
  3. Chaye

Chaye Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you I do like this can you maybe try something a little different for Parents I would like the children to be able to visually see which one is parents and which one is children Thanks!

Chaye, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  4. imhawk

imhawk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 9
    [​IMG]

However, I think children would easier distinct these two buttons on this screen:

[​IMG]

imhawk, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  5. Chaye

Chaye Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I like the layout you have. The letters if we could change the color to look like actual honeycomb like a golden. The background color may need to be changed if they clash too much. Also the characters on the name tags maybe we could do like a flower, a bee, a honeypot a bear or anything related to a forest maybe keep them more in theme, however I do like the idea you have going with the name tags. Thank you for your entries!

Chaye, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  6. imhawk

imhawk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 9
    Here is my revision:

[​IMG]

The images and colors can of course be different (I wanted to stay within color scheme).

imhawk, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  7. Chaye

Chaye Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I like this a lot I really like the parent and children bees. I also love the honey pot you had in the first entry on the home screen can you add that back in or incorporate it somehow. Thanks

Chaye, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  8. imhawk

imhawk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 9
    Here are two versions of last screen with honey pot:

[​IMG]

imhawk, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  9. Chaye

Chaye Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    The contest is now closed and the winner is "imhawk." Thank you for your entries and I look forward to working with you!

Chaye, Aug 4, 2014 IP
    Digital Noise and imhawk like this.