1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Starting A Payment Gateway Business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Toon-c, Jul 25, 2014.

Hi,

I'm thinking about starting a payment gateway .. like paypal / payza ..

It will be a local solution ..

My question is, what are the possible legal issues I can face when creating such website ?

What type of company should I start? a bank / a holding company ?

I'm looking to start with accepting payment via different types of local / international credit / debit cards into your webwallet .. and using yhe wallet you can send money to other members or to pay online in websites accepting my payment method ...

So basically no withdrawal options in the begining ..

Any ideas where to start ? Thanks

Toon-c, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  2. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Are you for real?

You are asking how to start a BANK?

If that's not clear indication that you shouldn't, can't, and won't..I don't know what is....

NetStar, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  3. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh hi,

One of those people who simply like to make useless comments .. and need to be wiped out of the face of the earth in order to make humanity evolve and advance ..

Happy to report that I already have all the info I need, and believe it or not, the legal procedures are under way and paperwork is actually being handled by my lawyer ...
    And I'm currently negociating with few development firms that can handle this project ..

At the end of the day, money talks and bull**** walks ...
    I'm the money in this debate ...

Toon-c, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    @Toon-c chill down man. "Wiped from the face of the earth?" I know you feel hurt, but this is pretty harsh and unnecessary.

If you read your own first post, you will see that NetStar's reaction is valid. You're asking a bunch of forum visitors how to start a loan company and and the legal ramification it may entail. I agree with NetStar, if you do not know by now what it all involves you shouldn't start anything of that sort. I don't care how much money you have this is not your forte.

qwikad.com, Aug 2, 2014 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, in one week you went from not knowing where to start to having a development team and plan in place for a financial institution? That is an amazing ramp up. Do you have a legal expert, financial transactions expert, fraud/security expert, insurance expert, government regulations expert, banking operations expert, and other such required expertise already on board the team in just one week? I used to sell technology to banks and was always stunned by the complexity and intricacy of banking regulations and requirements around the world. Not only do they vary by country, but also by state/province and other localities. I also was involved occasionally with wannabe banks (start-ups) and the lead time to get the paperwork and approvals, etc., was about two years -- if they had experienced bankers on board the team from the beginning. I never heard of a bank starting up headed by a newbie.

jrbiz, Aug 2, 2014 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  6. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it was harsh, but it wasn't because I was "hurt" , but because it was true and necessary ...

If you have nothing to add to a conversation, and you know you are making a stupid comment, then just mind your own business ..
    And I stand by my suggestion, humanity needs to go forward :)

And for you sir, I know this sounds harsh, but please don't take it the wrong way,

You said
    if you do not know by now what it all involves you shouldn't start anything of that sort.

With all due respect, that is one of the stupidist things I've ever read .. literally ..
    I mean read your sentence again and think about it, ho can a person start something then ? I presume the moment you were born you knew how to do this sort of business then ?

Anyway, please, as aI said, I'm already in the middle of implementing this business, so the thread is practically useless now, don't just come here and waste my time, please.

And finally, something you need to know, both of you .. since you said
    You're asking a bunch of forum visitors how to start a loan company

To that, I respond, apparently you have NO IDEA who actually visits this forum, and the kind of deals that are made in private, on this same forum ..
    So think twice before saying that.

Toon-c, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  7. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL...say's the one who thought he could start a payment processor business using a dodgy off the shelf script:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/looking-for-paypal-payza-clone.2727925/
    It's not very often I hope to see someone fail desperately, but in this case with your ridiculous attitude I sincerely hope you lose everything.

malky66, Aug 2, 2014 IP
    NetStar and jrbiz like this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    OMG, that is hilarious, but not surprising, I suppose. Keep in mind, that for this business play, there is not only a significant chance for complete failure due to any one of a number of issues (undercapitalization, fraud, missed regulations, etc.) but there is a real chance of criminal consequences. Banking regulators and other government agencies have no sense of humor when even the most innocent of mistakes are made. Banking wannabes are expected to do it right from the beginning and understand all of the unique aspects of the business and legal frameworks involved.

jrbiz, Aug 2, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  9. Toon-c

Toon-c Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, malky66,

To be fair, that was the same comment the firms I contacted made .. they need to start from scratch which will cost alot apparently .. I'm okay with that ..

And I'll give you that !

But, if you will make a bet, you're on the wrong side, because I don't fail :)

Anyway,

There is a French saying that goes like
    Passer pour un idiot aux yeux d'un imbécile est une volupté de fin gourmet....

And I'm really amused by this :)

So as much as it amuses me talking to you clueless people, who don't understand what an investor is, I will be out for today..

But hey, I'll be back on Monday, and we shall complete this discussion :)

Toon-c, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am always amused by posters who come, hat in hand, asking for free advice and then get hostile when the advice is not what they wanted to hear. Sometimes, they leave DP in a huff - never to return. Others hang on, apparently, in the hopes that they can find a sycophant to tell them that they are doing the right thing or to showcase their supposedly grandiose plans and witty repartee. I like the ones that leave in a huff better.

jrbiz, Aug 2, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  11. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder if he talks to his so called "investors" the same way he talks to us "clueless" people...lol

malky66, Aug 2, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have a plain old English quote about this type of investor: "A fool and his money are soon parted."

jrbiz, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  13. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This wasn't a debate on whether or not you could start a bank lol..

NetStar, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  14. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And also to be fair malky66... he posted that quite some time ago... almost a week ago.. He now has a full blown legal team, financial investors and executive board... I forget the names of his people...but I'm pretty sure Santa, The Toothfairy and the Easter Bunny hopped on this as soon as they caught wind...

NetStar, Aug 2, 2014 IP
    jrbiz and malky66 like this.
  15. manzoor21

manzoor21 Banned

Best Answers:
    Alampay onloine payment website script similar to paypal grab it for free
    alamstore.com/alampay-build-online-payment-processing-business/

manzoor21, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    lol, I wonder if the alampay system is written with the same attention to detail that they gave the graphics?

[​IMG]

sarahk, Nov 2, 2014 IP
  17. manzoor21

manzoor21 Banned

Best Answers:
    its better than alstrasoft epay enterprise just download it for free at the bottom. dont pay any thing.
    there is a button at the bottom saying download i dont want to pay and grab it for free and have a try

18. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    but why would you? it's obviously garbage. They didn't even have enough pride in their work to go to fiverr and get decent graphics. I wouldn't put it on my server without wading through every line of code first looking for the exploit.

sarahk, Nov 2, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  19. manzoor21

manzoor21 Banned

Best Answers:
    you can hire a freelancer for it

20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    when will it be upgraded to a new database handler?
    [​IMG]
    for what?

Attached Files:

sarahk, Nov 2, 2014 IP