1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My CTR in Search Queries is too low, i don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Nourddine Khiti, Jul 31, 2014.

Hello, i always complain of my traffic from search engines. Here is the problem below is 15% CTR good enough from Search Queries ?

[​IMG]

Nourddine Khiti, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  2. YoungAce

YoungAce Active Member

Best Answers:
    15% isn't awful - I've seen much worse.

The fact that your getting that many impressions suggests that you're at least on one of the first 2 pages. Unfortunately, most people click on result #1 or #2 and call it a day. You need to make your search engine entry appear engaging...and that's tough to do. Make sure that your site's title is both good for SEO and encouraging clicks. If it's just a string of keywords, most people will not want to click on it.

Make sure that your site's meta description isn't a clutter of keywords either. Include what you want to rank for (duh), but try to be inviting as well. Most don't even bother to read that, but if people do, you want to stand out above the rest.

Aside from these, your best bet is to rank higher. As I'm sure you know, backlinks and other SEO methods coupled with patience is the way to go.

Best of luck.

YoungAce, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  3. gesteves

gesteves Member

Best Answers:
    the 15% is bad depending of the place your keywords are ranking. To increase the ctr you can try to make your page title and description more appealing for the visitor. Also add a google+ author box, its a great way to grab more attention to your page.

gesteves, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  4. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Write enticing meta descriptions to increase CTR.

SearchBliss, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  5. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, the overall ctr reported by webmaster tool is not that important since it does not take into account where you rank on the page, if you rank number 1 or number 10 for a search query, they will count it as identical, but obviously number 10 has a much lower ctr, and no matter how much you optimize your meta tags and descriptions you won't get much clicks.

Best way to improve ctr is to rank higher in serps. Automatically you will get more clicks, and your ctr will improve. 15% is not that bad though, but it means you rank on the bottom of the page for the search query, you should rank on top of the page - top 4-5 - to get more than 15% ctr.

Ferzy, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  6. Nourddine Khiti

Nourddine Khiti Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are right. Thank you very much ..

Nourddine Khiti, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  7. Akshay Hallur

Akshay Hallur Active Member

Best Answers:
    You haven't given the average position. I can't say if it is bad or good, because you haven't mentioned the average position.
    If your blog posts are in 10th page and still getting 15% CTR, Then it's awesome.

To increase click through rate, craft magnetic blog post titles, great meta description and clean URL.
    HOPE THIS HELPS...

Akshay Hallur, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  8. Sachi Verma

Sachi Verma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can Follow these strategies-
    1. Run pay Per Click(PPC) Campagian
    2. Review Competitors’ Ads & Websites
    3. Think of the Marketing Funnel
    4. Consider the End Conversion Goal
    5. Use tools to measure traffic like SEMRush
    6. Enhance changes in Landing Page.
    7. Use Social Media Network to gain Traffic

Sachi Verma, Aug 6, 2014 IP
  9. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    We think the problem lies in meta description. Optimize it further for better CTR rate.

rankwatch.com, Sep 5, 2014 IP
  10. AuctionEssistance

AuctionEssistance Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    CTR will lie in how well you structure your listing. If it does pique the interest of the visitor, they will skip over it.

AuctionEssistance, Sep 6, 2014 IP