1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion for Blog Commenting

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by anushka123, Aug 1, 2014.

Hi everyone,

Please let me know which option is right for blog commenting

1. Using keyword in name section with website URL in homepage section.

2. Using keyword hyper-linked with website URL in Comment section.

Or else if there is any other technique, then kindly suggest me.

anushka123, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  2. Speedy_J

Speedy_J Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do it! That's my suggestion

But, if you absolutely have to comment on someone's blog, and you too are a blog/site owner, then use your name in the name section and your website's URL in the homepage section.

Keep it simple or get penalized and waste time taking down "keyworded" blog comments soon.

Better working on the quality of your website and you'll get more quality backlinks.

btw, your second technique will probably just make the comments look messy; not the way to get backlinks

Speedy_J, Aug 1, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. ShoppingSignals

ShoppingSignals Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Speedy_J. You don't want to do blog commenting as an SEO tactic. Just use your name and your website url in the homepage field.

Blog commenting does have it's place, it's just no longer effective for SEO. It can however, be effective for generating traffic, growing your presence in your niche, and developing relationships with other bloggers.

ShoppingSignals, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  4. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a blog site owner, I absolutely detest spammy looking comments and always delete those with keywords in the name field. I'm sure many other website owners do likewise, so my advice to you is follow the instructions on the comment form and put your name where it says "name" and your website address where it says "Url". Anything else would be disrespectful and spammy.

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  5. Mark Davison

Mark Davison Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't do it. Leave comments that add some value, raise your profile and/or build relationships. Don't use them as a shortcut. think longterm.

Mark.

Mark Davison, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  6. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    Both those methods are spammy and increase your risk of getting penalized.

Best method is to use your real name and try to establish a relationship with the blog author, so he can check out your site and eventually link to you editorially / or let you guest post, etc..

It's rare that blog comments have a direct effect by passing link juice, especially with most of them being nofollow. But they are still useful from other perspective - relevancy, etc.

Ferzy, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  7. hasiburr

hasiburr Member

Best Answers:
    Don't Use Name place your Keyword. Use Original name and try to build long relationship with Blog Admin. Post comment with related subject and don't discuss about you or your site. Always try to comment relevant site Blog commenting. No HTML tag use for Hyper link. If you maintain this thing so you will get benefit longtime.

hasiburr, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  8. Michael Akinlabi

Michael Akinlabi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Provide real inputs that's relevant to the views and opinions of the author.

You can start looking for questions in the comments and start providing helpful answers.

The key is becoming part of the community, not commenting for the purpose of gaining backlinks.

Search engines are paying more attention to backlinks that send traffic.

Michael Akinlabi, Aug 3, 2014 IP