1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics no longer able to see my traffic

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by kelbo, Aug 1, 2014.

I recently changed my blog from one server to iPage. I had a hiccup in my traffic with analytics, but we got that sorted out and my visitor graphs went back to what they had been. Then I switched from my custom-built theme to the WordPress Canvas theme and had my analytics number in the wrong place so I lost my tracking again, but that was readily fixed. But over the last week my traffic has dropped off to zero and stayed pretty much there ever since.

How do I troubleshoot why Google Analytics is no longer able to see my traffic? I know the traffic is there, but Analytics is just not seeing it.

kelbo, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you viewed the source to check that the code looks ok on the page?

sarahk, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  3. kelbo

kelbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure where to find the code or what it is supposed to look like. I was just playing around in webmaster Tools and found that I have a problem in my submitted sitemap. Might that be the source of the problem? Not sure how to fix a broken sitemap, but I'm grasping at straws here. I'm still new to most of this.

kelbo, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  4. vinay.seolink

vinay.seolink Active Member

Best Answers:
    As you say that you have changed your server to page, by which your Google analytics tracking code is useless because it is connected from your server. so for tracking your website visitors You must need to add again new Google tracking code in your website header also delete your your old tracking code.

vinay.seolink, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  5. kelbo

kelbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does Google track traffic to themes you no longer use? My tracking worked in iPage as long as my old theme was active, but as soon as I switched to the new theme, even with the code in my header, the traffic dropped off until there wasn't any showing any longer.

kelbo, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    To get the tracking to work you need to add a snippet of code to the site. This is normally done by editing the header file. Because you are now using WordPress you can use a plugin to add the text.

Analytics can't work without the snippet of code. It doesn't watch your site, it relies on your site sending it information.

sarahk, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  7. kelbo

kelbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Sarahk. I had been told this was supposedly built into the themes from WordPress. I'll go find the code and put it in.

kelbo, Aug 1, 2014 IP