1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal Account Limited - Need to use paypal badly, what do I do?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by dirtydan123, Jul 28, 2014.

I've recently had my paypal account considered to be a high-risk due to several things.
    It's a student account.

1) Fake Identity, The only issue with this was I used a fake name because the account was created nearly 3 years ago when I was 13-14, I didn't feel comfortable providing my real first and last name.

2) Using Donations instead of Payments, I honestly didn't know the donation button was only for NON-PROFIT organizations, the money was actually used to pay for the server I rented, but I did buy a few things for myself.

They think i'm a fraud when i'm not.

I ran a game community and I would have micro transactions where they pay for items inside the game, my name was not even needed, it's not a physical item and its done automatically after someone pays with paypals IPN, Every single person that donated got there items, I've only had 3-5 charge backs I believe, and which were only because of unauthorized payments ( A kid using there parents credit card without their knowledge )

I'm now 18 years old and I have a bank account now, I decided to create my own separate PayPal account ( with my real actual name, it even had my social security! ) and was going to move all the money over and transfer it to my bank account. I tried to send the money from my student account to my new account but they have the same phone number so it said I couldn't send it to myself, so I sent a few bucks over to my mothers account ( who i'm parented with on my student account ) and then sent the few bucks to my new account and then into my bank account. After that I was limited and was required to show identity, now not knowing that they would literally ban you forever for having a fake identity, I uploaded my drivers license which had a different name, then I proceeded to call them through the phone and they said they no longer wanted me as a customer and considered me to be a high-risk.

They told me I have to wait 180 days for all potential charge backs to expire and then they will allow me to take my money after.

I still run this game community and now I can't pay for my server because all the money i've earned is disabled and I would just go ahead and create another paypal account and set the donation system to that but I've been told doing that would "piss paypal off", they would limit that account also and they might prosecute me because of it. I went ahead and sent a email to paypal asking if I was allowed to create another account and they still haven't responded.

My new account with my valid information hasn't been limited yet but i've been told by a friend that they will if I start receiving money from the same website because paypal may of flagged the website as fraud and will ban any account that receives donations from it.

I was considering writing a email to them about what I just explained to you all but I was told that they may use that as evidence if they prosecute me.

I'm very confused and ignorant about how much of this works, what do you guys think?

ALSO: The amount i have made per yearly would put me under poverty level so I don't owe the IRS any money.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    dirtydan123, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  2. ArcServers

ArcServers Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you are a fraud because you knowingly gave false details.

Paypal are good at linking accounts so they will probably keep busting / limiting accounts you setup. The only real way to come back from a limitation (known from experience) is to actually have something to argue. For example: I had all required documentation, proof of incorporation, trace of all payments and a legitimate business...I even used my real name (gasp). Though, even with all that it was tough getting the limitation removed (but I did it!). Basically, I was able to get my account restored because I did everything right. You, however have admitted to fraud so your only options are to find another payment gateway, or use someone elses account.

Unfortunately, Paypal have too much power and too much money so they do not care about their individual customers.

ArcServers, Jul 29, 2014 IP