1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Research

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by KyleStephensonWood, Jul 23, 2014.

When targeting a keyword and checking out your competitors in Google for that keyword. Should you analyse the backlink's on their whole site or just the page that they're showing in Google results? e.g The one page on their site about 'financial control' or their homepage?

I'm assuming it's only the specific page they rank for on that keyword, but just want to clarify before I do loads of research.

thanks! :)

KyleStephensonWood, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  2. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can analyze the page which interest you. Some sites ranks well for inside pages but they might use the same keywords for their home page. So you can check the main base for the analysis. Google ranks better other pages from their unit, because that page might offer more relevant information for that particular keyword.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  3. KyleStephensonWood

KyleStephensonWood Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand what you mean.

Specifically, I am talking about huge sites which I couldn't compete with as a whole - but I may want to compete for a keyword that only one of their pages rank for.

KyleStephensonWood, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  4. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    You should analyze each page individually, not the whole domain. Sometimes it's hard to make an accurate impression, if their internal page has a link from the high authority homepage, that will make it difficult to asses how much link juice that passes, but generally google ranks "pages" individually not "domains". Even when you see a "domain" ranking, it's actually the homepage of that site that is ranking.

Ferzy, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  5. KyleStephensonWood

KyleStephensonWood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome, thanks for your help.

KyleStephensonWood, Jul 28, 2014 IP