1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Host Nurse so much Cheaper than Siteground

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Gomar, Jun 7, 2014.

My first host I used was with SiteGround 5 years ago and I stuck with them for quite sometime. They lured me in with a deal, and while the customer support is very good. Their staff are undoubtedly well trained, I am fed up with the way they treat their existing customers.

They consistently offer great deals for new customer but overcharge and squeeze their loyal customers at every corner, and while I know this is sort of true with many host they seem to be more extreme. I finally cancelled and transferred away after they tried to bill me for minor technical support stuff.

I've come to the conclusion that they are no good for individual web master and that you can find good host for a much lower prices. For example, Host Nurse has super low prices compared to siteground, while offering a better package. Their customer service is also pretty good.

Gomar, Jun 7, 2014 IP
  2. aleau

aleau Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree Siteground is (financially) not good anymore for individual web master. They at least had that 9.95 euro promotions, but not anymore (and not complaining, just saying). I used to spend hundreds and hundreds for hosting and finally had to give up, because i am not really earning from my sites, but from the moment I passed to other host my sites went dead and they've been dead since months, because I am not able to make them work - not able to work with databases, this, that, they have no idea what's the problem, how to import, export, connect.... Oh, database has to be smaller than 5mb, oh, you need ten steps to extract archived things, no this, no that....
    I chose popular host, but my point is - when it comes to knowledge and customer support, nothing nothing nothing compares to Siteground. Just no way. And not only support, but also the basic services they offer, layout, everything.

aleau, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  3. Gomar

Gomar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with you that their customer support is very good and clean layout is a plus. My biggest issue with them is price and also how they charge you for a lot of services that many other providers don't charge you for. Their introductory price is not bad, they give you an ok rate to hook you. Then when you renewal they lay the hammer down.

Gomar, Jul 27, 2014 IP