1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2 Day old blog with 2 posts, 200 unique visitors. How to keep momentum?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Googs, Jul 24, 2014.

I've been trying for sometime trying to come up with a blog topic that would be of interest to people. I think I may have hit on something that will attract visitors. Yesterday afternoon I wrote a post about 500 words long with a good title and a strong opinion. I posted the link on Reddit and Stumbleupon. I was shocked this morning to wake up to see my page had 140 unique visitors.

I wrote another post this morning and am now at 200 unique visitors. I have a place visitors enter their email to subscribe but I haven't had anybody subscribe. There also have not been any comments. I'm debating on whether to create a "fake" comment to hopefully ignite some discussion or is that a bad tactic?

200 visitors in 2 days may be peanuts to some of you, but this is a huge victory to me. Any suggestions on how to get my blog entries more visibility quickly? Other than continue to post interesting articles?

Googs, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  2. basilpbabu

basilpbabu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Keep on going..Build Backlinks..Choose a Nice Domain name, goes on writing quality articles,Get ranked on Google

basilpbabu, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  3. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you visit my personal blog at http://www.lcws.net, you'll see I have an Alexa rank around 280k worldwide and 35k in the US. I receive around 2,000 unique daily visits and my site is estimated to be valued at around $20k by www.siteprice.org. And my site has been around for only 3 months.

Initially, I had a nicheless blog and posted about whatever came to mind. It was pretty successful and got me quite a bit of traffic. When I switched to a niche blog about spiritual and health stuff, I figured the rank would go down, but interestingly, it continued climbing.

How I did this is pretty simple and anyone can do likewise. I make sure to post everyday, only occasionally missing a day. Sometimes, I will miss a Saturday and even a Sunday, but the rest of the week I am consistent... I post stuff I think will be interesting and enjoyed by many people and I decide what words I am optimizing before hand and make sure to include them a few times in the text. After I finish a post, I will share it on Facebook, Twitter, Stumbleupon and Reddit. And that's it. I don't worry about getting backlinks, though according to MajesticSEO, I have 260 external backlinks and 24 referring domains. I'm sure many of these are of little actual significance, but it does show what simply adding fresh content each day and sharing on social networking sites will do. In time pagerank will come as well.

The moral I guess is this: to get high rank, all you need to do is post quality content fairly consistently, and share each post a few times on social network sites and time will take care of the rest. good luck!

Jameyson MacDonald, Jul 26, 2014 IP
    Googs and gotkloud like this.
  4. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Even though 100-200 views each day may not seem a lot, most people can't achieve this in just 2 days. Good job mate!

Ethan Alvin, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  5. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree with Ethan. Googs, I think you're doing a great job and I think the secret is to just keep writing the same kind of content that you're writing. Please read Jaymeson's post as it has some honest insight into where you may be headed as your blog gets more popular!

gotkloud, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  6. Googs

Googs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you everyone for the information and encouragement. I am consistently posting every week day. I'm working on today's post right now in fact. I'm hoping as I get more content I'll get more return visitors. I'm definitely learning a lot through this process.

Googs, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  7. gesteves

gesteves Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure you have the subscription box in the right places so your visitors can easily see it. Don't post crappy or fake content, keep on writing great pieces of content that your visitors might like. If the content can be helpful for other visitors, spend less time writing and focus more on promoting what you already have. It's easy to think that the more content you write the better, but don't understimate the power of writing less and promoting more.

gesteves, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  8. and5dp

and5dp Member

Best Answers:
    Good startup. Keep updating blog contant regularly.

and5dp, Aug 3, 2014 IP
  9. Johnny da Silva

Johnny da Silva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As the old saying goes: "Content is still King!"

Johnny da Silva, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  10. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We can easily say "Content is king" but how can we prove it even in our owned website? that's why we create a website for the users and provide an engaging content that will guide and help them in many ways. When we say "Engaging content" its not just an article but it is a medium to talk and communicate with your targeted audience.

KylieSweet, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  11. Johnny da Silva

Johnny da Silva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Kylie, what I am say in other words is we can not engage in a conversation or even build back links if we do not have relevant, good and intriguing content. This is just the tip of the ice berg. Once we engage in this conversation we will have to cover many other topics that will have to be addressed.

Johnny da Silva, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  12. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Content is the main aspect for any SEO strategy. People will be interested in visiting your website only if you are posting informative and valuable content through the internal and external sources. Also, make sure to share your content through various social media websites for a better reach.

MilesWeb, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  13. Googs

Googs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The momentum I had was short lived. I've decided to put this blog on hold for now and focus on a new one that I have more interest in.

On a brighter note, the new blog I started took off even faster. I created the site and wrote my first blog post on Friday. Saturday morning I spent about an hour trying to market it via forums and received 1000 unique visitors on Saturday and 6 subscribers. 2 people clicked through amazon and purchased items.

I think I'm starting to get the content part of it down, I'm really struggling with finding ways to market it though.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Googs, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  14. web3k

web3k Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats Googs on your milestone. Most will agree with your sentiment that it might not be large traffic, but its the 'wins' you see that's important to ensure you maintain hungry to continue and build something great.

Here are some ideas I have; although I must preface this with that I haven't run a high-traffic blog of my own, however we help clients all the time with their sites and trying to gain authority in their field.

I think there are two things you should be looking at there; Returning traffic and new traffic.

To satisfy the Returning traffic / visitors, you need to ensure you're cranking out good quality content that meets the requirements of your visitors that compels them to come back. It's important you grow your returning traffic base, while experimenting with what works for you at an SEO level to introduce new visitors. Don't be afraid to engage your audience and interact with them, finding out what they'd like next. This also helps come up with new topics to write about, making it easier for you to churn out quality posts. Don't just write posts for SEO purposes. If you're looking to eventually monetise your site, there is no money in that. There however is money in following the path of 'genuine content for genuine visitors' to your site. How much money you ask? How long is a piece of string. Many people are making a living from a blog, whilst others don;t have the patience or skills to make it happen.

If you blog is an 'opinion' piece, then make sure you allow people to comment, but use a good comment spam plugin to reduce your work load. Ensure you interact with people who leave genuine comments and get rid of the rubbish ones. It's important to not only build 'authority', but show that this site is for real, which in turn builds confidence among readers.

On new visitors, you'll hopefully gain referrals from your current readers, but you can't rely on that. Good, quality content will get indexed by Google and over time if you work hard, they'll see you as an authority and good things will happen. Using bookmark sites like Rediit and SU like you've been doing is great as it gets you out there. Don't also be afraid to comment on other blogs in a similar topic to yours and be apart of their discussions. People might see those comments and think something of you, in turn following you over to their blog.

From here, it's really about exposure without spam. What more can YOU do to expose your blog, yourself as a writer and continue putting yourself as an authority?

web3k, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  15. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    keep doing what are you doing. Eventually develop your social profiles, so you become an established member in communities where you drive your traffic from, such as stumbleupon, or reddit, etc.

Ferzy, Aug 4, 2014 IP
  16. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once in a while try and get it content shared on other good sites and you will get some more exposure and search engine awareness.

Matei Gavriluta, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  17. buyadultblogposts

buyadultblogposts Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes just keep going. Each blog article you write and submit will get X amount of users. Calculate how much traffic you want. Divide that by how many pages you need, work out how much time it will take - And there are all your answers :)

buyadultblogposts, Aug 5, 2014 IP
  18. weakpa2

weakpa2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Congrats...just post a nice and interesting articles.

weakpa2, Aug 7, 2014 IP