1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quality Writing

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by uand.eye, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    As a writer I use a couple of 'quality controls'. I always proofread and edit work, I also try to step away from it for at least an hour before I do this. I also use Copyscape Premium, any duplicate content is accidental but better to check it before it goes to the client. If there is bulk work, I tend to do the first piece and send it to the client for approval.
    One thing I do find frustrating is when clients are not clear in what they need. I have no problem making adjustments, but when the brief says one thing but they actually want something different it does get a little annoying (but it still gets done).

Any decent writer would gauge quality by client satisfaction. I know this doesn't help you as a client though ;)

Emma Pollard, Jul 11, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  2. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quality work meaning you can use the work as it is. Some low quality article, you even have to re-write the whole thing because the article does not make sense and lots of grammar errors.

Melisa455, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  3. Paul Core

Paul Core Peon

Best Answers:
    Some writers claim to write high quality articles, while all they do is write complicated texts that painful to read. They mainly write to show their readers how smart they are.

Don't become one of them. Get the point across as easy as humanily possible. Use short or "shortish" sentences. Don't focus on making your reader feel insignificant.

Paul Core, Jul 20, 2014 IP
    Melisa455 likes this.
  4. ca-detz

ca-detz Member

Best Answers:
    Good writing in any context is specific to that context.

formal language in the queen's English is for reports, academic pieces, and the like...

Good copy doesn't mean Standard English, just language target markets understand...

provided one has the tools for creativity and connection, so be it...you'll be a good copywriter. If you're not strong on Standard English, then get somebody who is to proofread it for you..

ca-detz, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  5. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are literally thousands of freelance content writers marketing their "quality content" all over the web. The truth is, most are not native English speakers, do not fully grasp grammatical rules, and provide anything but "quality content". If you want content that is really unique, well-written and optimized for high search engine visibility, you'll have to pay more than a few bucks per article.

What makes content well-written, you ask? For one thing, it flows smoothly; it's easy to read and transitions from one paragraph to the next naturally. Stops are never abrupt and the reader can follow along with ease. Next, it is grammatically correct and words are not misspelled. And lastly, price is a great indicator as to the quality of the content you will get. Someone who writes well and knows it will typically charge much more for his content because he knows the average content writer charging $20 for a 500 word article is mediocre at best. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Jameyson MacDonald, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some truly excellent points.:)
    If $20 for 500 words is considered as a mediocre rate, I flinch to think about the kind of 'quality' people charging $2/3 for the same number of words must be delivering!

Content Maestro, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    A quality content depends on the one reading it. We do actually have different criteria to tell if it has a good quality or not.
    So it depends on how well you give invaluable information on the content, how well it is written or both. :)

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  8. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree. It's hard to tell what is consider good quality. Some people have high exception and some have lower.
    Like what I have read in the forum. Someone wrote he is penalize for having "bad article" with just one comma mistake. I think that is ridiculous.

Melisa455, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  9. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Agree with you. We pay for what we get. If we pay $2-$3 for a 500 word article, we cannot expect too much from it.
    May I ask - do you charge people $20 for a 500 word article too?

Melisa455, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  10. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is a discrepancy between what the buyer is willing to pay for good content and what good content is worth. This is largely the reason that a lot of sites are full of low standard content.

Emma Pollard, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  11. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's right. Too bad for them who do not understand "content is king". With low standard content, they will not go far.

Melisa455, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  12. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone who is serious about providing only the best quality content on their website will have no problem paying for it. I have been working as a professional content writer and SEO analyst for a company in Los Angeles for years, but I also do freelance content writing and usually charge in the neighborhood of $0.35 - $0.50 per word. For larger projects, I'll cut my rates in half, but never lower than that and despite my higher than average rates, I get plenty of work.

The fact is, people often don't realize the content they're paying $0.05 a word for is below par, but once this happens a couple of times, they're often willing to pay much more, so long as they're getting top-notch work.

Jameyson MacDonald, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  13. Normanwalker

Normanwalker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    High quality writing really isn't that difficult to distinguish from poor quality writing.
    There are several factors that go into top-tier writing:
    1) Language (This includes grammar, punctuation, vocabulary etc.)
    2) Information (Valuable, difficult to research type of information)
    3) Readability (How easy it is to read the article in terms of a neat flow)
    4) Focus (Whether the main point of the article stands out)

These 4 points are easy to pay attention to when writing high quality work, but it's also as easy to make mistakes.
    Most of the mistakes I see in others and even experience myself include:
    1) Using complex technical terms
    2) Making the article too simple and boring to read
    3) Using a lifeless, monotonous tone throughout the article

Writing is an art and a science, when you actually break it down it's a lot more complex than it seems.
    High quality writing is also what keeps your audiences engaged, and possessing such a tool is absolutely vital in this industry.

Also, if you're paying low prices for your 'high' quality articles, you might want to invest a little more in other article writing services. The difference will speak for itself. Real writers won't waste their time accepting low writes like $2-$4 per 500 words. They're most likely spinning articles, editing them, and then passing them off as 'high' quality work.

Normanwalker, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  14. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice one. This is so true.

Melisa455, Aug 9, 2014 IP