1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Marketing Newbie

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Armaan Ahmad, Jul 23, 2014.

Hello everyone, basically I am new to email marketing, dad's given me a database of 500,000 fresh emails of UK based businesses. I just don't know what to do with this e.g. software, content, etc.

I'm 18, and I've just started an accident management and vehicle hire business. So if anyone has ideas on what I could possibly write, I would highly appreciate it.

Regards,
    Armaan

Armaan Ahmad, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  2. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    Are those emails his list? If so, what was the pretense for them giving him their email. Once you know that, you can market to them along the same lines. If they aren't his list, than you need to check the spam laws in the U.K. because that wouldn't work in the USA

cborrx, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    1. Find out if the list of emails is legit or bought
    2. If it is his, how did he collect these subscribers?
    3. Find out why they subscribed so that you will know what they are interested in
    4. Find related affiliate products to promote once in a while, with the focus on providing value and sending them related informative emails.

Ethan Alvin, Jul 23, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  4. YoungAce

YoungAce Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Ethan, the first thing you should do is figure out where those subscribers are from! If he did build the list himself, ask him how responsive the list is. You could have the biggest list in the world, but if they aren't responsive, it won't matter.

As for what you should send out in your emails, building trust is key. Don't promote anything but yourself in your first few emails!! Once people know who you are, and know you as someone trustworthy, then you can begin to promote your business. Keep them all in the loop about what you are doing -- did you just buy some new cars for rent? Are you looking for drivers? People love this stuff...keep them connected to your business, and you will grow very fast. Ask for questions from them, and answer them in emails to the entire group. That'll make them trust you much more quickly.

Also, make sure that you keep growing the list. I'm guessing that your business has a website, so start building the list there. Basically, keep your list in the loop, and provide them with content that makes them feel like insiders.

Best of luck to you!

YoungAce, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  5. neest321

neest321 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure sending bulk mails is a good idea. Since your business replies on trust, you probably want to find a better way to find prospect.

neest321, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  6. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be very very careful with that list! Everyone needs to have opted in etc.

gotkloud, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  7. sagafakir

sagafakir Member

Best Answers:
    To have a list is best but watch out You dont do any spamming.A list can burn out easily if you don't know how to handle. And any list not your own can be damaging to your image.

sagafakir, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  8. michaelreyes

michaelreyes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does the list have a sales funnel? If the list hasn't been emailed in months or years then the list is almost worthless. Send out a broadcast simply giving your prospects/clients a free offer. See how well they respond.

michaelreyes, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  9. Alberto Rendon

Alberto Rendon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I presume your dad is having a blog and your problem is about writing contents to post to your blog. Why not hire a freelance writer, the list of emails is your big asset that you can sell anything/products to them.

Alberto Rendon, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  10. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you didn't build that email list yourself, anything you send them via email would be considered spam. No one likes being spammed and many people actually report spam. If your website gets tagged as the source of spam, it can actually get you blacklisted by several online authorities...

Jameyson MacDonald, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  11. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try and hire a seller. Start selling something (e.g. software, content, etc.) and try to transform them into leads. Even if it's not allowed and considered spam you can still avoid this as I said early with a seller. And if you can convert 10-20% or more you can make good money from it.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 31, 2014 IP