1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google+

Discussion in 'Google+' started by jucbad, Feb 26, 2014.

Is anybody of this forum a massive fan of Google+?
    Google+ was called to fight and beat Facebook, an aim that I predicted at the very early stage to be a failure. By now I think I was right, but does anyone have a different point of view?

jucbad, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  2. The -Leaders

The -Leaders Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    At Present, I can say that Facebook is unbeatable. But nobody knows about Future.
    May be Google Plus will beat and build professional network.

The -Leaders, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  3. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just started using Google+. I think it is a completely different beast then Facebook and it has its place. It's here to stay for now.

Lex350, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  4. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are comparing 2 different platforms. Facebook on the one hand is 1st social media platform having over 1billion active members which are there to chat most of them, while Google+ is actually helping businesses. How? well one important thing is the awareness that G+ is offering if you merge your business with your account and share good and interesting posts. Fast indexing another great thing. Google did one important thing with the G+ platform. When they saw how great was Facebook 1 or 2 years ago, they realized that they were helping competition, and this way they even stopped indexing the pages that businesses, people were and still doing.

When a Facebook page is not showing up, there is a great deal of visibility that can be lost, which will limit the number of customers that are likely to see the page and purchase goods or services from that business.
    BUT...

Most of the problems that cause a Facebook page to not be indexed by Google are found in the Facebook Page Settings, specifically the “Manage Permissions” tab. Fortunately, most of the problems in the Facebook Settings area are very easy to fix.

Page Changed to a Place
    One last problem is that Facebook might have automatically changed a page for a business to a Place. This will cause it not to be indexed by Google. Going to the page settings will allow the page to be reset to “Local Businesses and Places,” thus increasing the chances that it will be indexed by a search engine.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  5. rajeshn07

rajeshn07 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    FB is for people already you know, G+ is for people you have to know. G+ pages are doing well and G+ communities are a hit. They are far better than FB groups.

rajeshn07, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  6. Syl_Parker

Syl_Parker Peon

Best Answers:
    I would say that they are two very different platforms. Personally, I use facebook to connect to family and friends, with minimal business following, but with google+ I'm much more willing to look at promotional content and follow businesses and news groups. That's just me, though. But it does seem like more and more businesses are using google+ and getting better results than those just on facebook. Both have their good and bad points, and can be used for very different things. But no, I don't think that google+ has "lost" to facebook. I think that it's forming its own niche.

Syl_Parker, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  7. JackFraser

JackFraser Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    G+ has circles. You use circles to share specific things with specific people. You may not want your customers seeing the same things you post to a networking group. You can have a coworker's circle where you only share things with those you team up with or work with. This makes it a little easier to keep your business life and your personal life separate.

JackFraser, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  8. Yelena

Yelena Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Google+ are different very platforms. And I feel that Google+ holds some promise. At the moment I get more traffic from Facebook, but they recently implemented some changes, that decreased visibly of business pages. So, unless you are willing to pay for Facebook advertising, you may find that volume of traffic you get from them is decreasing. I believe that Google+ can be a great social media tool, if used to it's full extent.

Yelena, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  9. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    IMO, Facebook is a hit because it is easier to use than Google+. Plus, Facebook has already made its name, with billions of users worldwide.
    And yeah, it is just kinda hard to beat. But I hope Google can improve its communication tool if they want to outrank facebook.

Patricia Ann Lee, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  10. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a great fan of it but you can't skip it either (because of SEO advantages).

quiz, Aug 21, 2014 IP
  11. Fix Johnson

Fix Johnson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use both Google + and Facebook when posting articles to my blog. Shortly after linking blog article, both my Google + and Facebook posts show up on search for my Key Words. I often wonder if that is Google and Facebook just reacting to my search behaviour or is it an actual page ranking?

Fix Johnson, Sep 7, 2014 IP
  12. BeachMaster

BeachMaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google+ is surely becoming more popular. Looking quickly online Facebook has about ~1B active users compared to Google+ ~500M. Even though different users use the different Social platforms for different purposes, they both consume a large maket share in user activity.

For me Google+ is less personal than FB. I use Google+ to follow interesting topics. I use FB to connect with people I know.

BeachMaster, Sep 11, 2014 IP
  13. Steven J Wilson

Steven J Wilson Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with you on the SEO benefits. If you are looking to just connect with more people and enjoy your connections personal life, then Facebook is still dominating that space. Now, If you have a business, blog etc then the future benefits of Google + will be huge.

It's the most popular search engines social platform. Google grew to where they are with the principle of collecting data and giving user a better experience. So even though they are denying it know, I'm sure that in the future G+ will play a nice role in rankings.

This was shown through the attempt to grow Authorship. It proves that Google wants to track what we do online. Even though they "ended" Authorship, they will find a way to track our online activities and Google+ will be a part of that in the near future!

Steven J Wilson, Sep 14, 2014 IP
  14. tahmina Rimmi

tahmina Rimmi Member

Best Answers:
    facebook is different from G+ . both are perfect on their way of living, lol. G+ is linked with youtube and For local business its very helpful and very good to promote and can rank on SERP. it helps yr website in ranking factor.

i like G+ a lot. also facebook

thank u

tahmina Rimmi, Sep 22, 2016 IP