1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help for SEO of an E-Commerce Site

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by samz1, Apr 8, 2014.

hi all,
    I just would like to have some help and expert views of you guys on my new E-commerce site. the website is: eazyshopping.co.uk

All help will be much appreciated.

I am at the moment in process of adding products. I have couple of questions regarding SEO for this website. I think its better to ask in the for of 1, 2, 3 so it will be easy to get answers.

1. How can I get better Long tail keywords for my products to use the on page SEO? mean Keyword research tools?
    2. Once I have chosen desired keyword how can I start to Work on that initially to get better results in google?Please remember its an E-Commerce website.
    3. Whenever I search my products on google.co.uk the most famous high street retailers captures 1st and 2nd page of the google.co.uk SERP so in this case what could be the better strategy for the desired chosen keyword.
    4. an other thing that is i am confused is i have couple of products which have almost same but only difference is the colour and size. so when I write description its almost similar. will it cause duplicate content and will be put down by google search?
    5. I know that SEO is not overnight job but lets say if I would set two months target what things should I consider first to make it more effective so I can get at least some results , that will encourage me to get it going
    6. How can I involve social media like facebook, twitter and Pinterest to get good amount of traffic that can be converted to customers as well?

these things are in my mind at the moment. if any better suggestions ? most welcome

thank you everybody.

samz1, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  2. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Would need to see the comp. Are the duvet's an actual product for instance?

That said, you have a few things that will desperately need to get addressed. Page speed for starters. This is not only a ranking signal but important so folks can get around the site.

Its pretty dreadful http://developers.google.com/speed/...rl=http://www.eazyshopping.co.uk/&tab=desktop

If you can throw out a few terms you need to rank for I can lend a hand. Tad busy this afternoon.

This is doable but just not with traditional modalities per say. With e commerce you have to think out of the box. You can't simply hurl links at the issue.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  3. samz1

samz1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot Nigel
    I have seen the link and its 45/100 that's horrible. its mean have fix single issue mentioned in the link?

samz1, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you want to read the suggestions and start sorting that out, yes.

We largely just need to know what you want to rank this for and I can tell you how to go about things. This is not a job for SEO. At least not as described by most around here.

Nigel

5. samz1

samz1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would like to rank this site for two key words one is "Duvet Cover Set" and other is "Fitted Sheet" .

thank you

samz1, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For google.co.uk correct?
    Nigel

7. samz1

samz1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes please

samz1, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok you will want to think about Duvet Covers as well at a glance.

There are a few on site things to deal with such as targeting that term in your title attribute to start.

Also, have you set the site up with google webmaster tools and analytics? That is fairly important and in webmaster tools you can specifically target the UK as well.

I typically make sure I have those things in order as well as facebook page etc. when I am getting close to going live.

Unique descriptions are fairly important as well as the title attributes which are likely products anyway in this case and not too much of an issue.

I would start by getting those items in order and speed up the site a bit. Most of those are fairly common errors and can be fixed quickly.

I will drop a note shortly about offsite matters. That should keep you busy for a sec :).
    Nigel

EDIT: "an other thing that is i am confused is i have couple of products which have almost same but only difference is the colour and size."

I typically make that one product and customers can customize the product or select the size or color. I am no sure what cart that is though. It looks custom to me.

9. samz1

samz1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its very kind of you Nigel

I have set it up in Google analytics and learning it at the moment to see how can I harvest useful information from Google analytics.

I have made facebook, pinterest and twitter pages for this website and posted few products, but somehow i am feeling that I am not doing right on social media side..just posting products might consider as spamming so i am thinking to stop now.

I will tweak it to make its speed better. I have notes this down

yes I am thinking too, to make same kind of products as one , and give options to customer to chose from menu like colour, size and design.

please take your time and will be waiting for off page suggestions.:)

Thank you very much again.

samz1, Apr 8, 2014 IP
  10. samz1

samz1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any off page suggestions please?

samz1, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  11. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, I can pop back in shortly. Tad hectic today.

N.

Nigel Lew, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  12. teamworkpr

teamworkpr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    basically you should use phrase keywords in a site and care on keyword density and you will care all the seo factor you can get good result.

teamworkpr, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  13. samz1

samz1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:

thank you for your reply but..i am seeking off page SEO strategy...so far concluded the on site SEO ...please help me for off site SEO

samz1, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  14. Kamaldeep Singh SEO

Kamaldeep Singh SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Long tail keywords, Because Long tail keywords will cover your short keyword also. if you want ranking in UK as you then you can use country name in title or description. as you told your eCommerce website you should use Schema for your website. and do Quality work not quantity work. and post links on theme based sites. Do smart Natural link building.

check this froum how to create Natural link : https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/natural-links.2715656/

Kamaldeep Singh SEO, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  15. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello @samz1

Each business strategy is different.

1. I would sketch from zero all the work starting with the keywords analysis. For the long tails - you can simply focus on the area where you live too "Manchester Red Bathrooms towels" - example...
    2. Move to content/contexts/headlines.
    3. If It's a local business that's better - go with the Google map listing which is very important. If not I skip that. and go just with Google Authorship in both cases.
    4. Follow the CTA (Call-to-Action) - Link Structure (Build linking relationship between on site pages to improve linkability ) - Site architecture - Action Ratio. All need to have a very good connection.
    5. Optimize each web page using Yoast Pro or other SEO framework
    6. Tracking the performance of conversions on the site
    7. Make recommendations for off page optimization. Contact Local - Regional - National Bloggers where we can't influence anchor texts, widgets or BIOs.
    8. Start the Social Pages. Go and start campaigns by demographic areas and if possible after niche.
    9. Try to gain some influencers on our G+ page so we can have a good share integration.
    10. Community services. Integrate on top forums and actually bring value to the boards. Forget about the backlinks benefit. Actually give really good results, really good value to what we post,answer there to gain trust, awareness.
    11. Digg for natural links. This keeps the engines active no matter what.
    12. No follow attribute for all the backlinks build out there.
    13. Classic SEO momentum - Turn the CTA(Call-to-Action) to a valid Click!
    14. Distribute content. Rich content, with more than 500 words!
    15. Interact with social activity - go to charity, spread flyere, become known local - and get listed on Chamber of Commerce website!
    16. For products which have almost same but only difference is the colour and size - use canonical tag!
    17. If the On Page is done right you can have results faster than 2 months.
    18. Build the social page platforms - Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pintinterest and merge them with your On page. Each time you share something to appear on your social pages as well. Focus on your demographic area first if you will start with some PPC advertise on Facebook and AdWords.
    19. Create your landing pages focusing on what a client might want or search! Don't create the content just because you think is good! Sometimes we go on the wrong direction because of that. We are too selfish.
    20. If you want to know what your searchers look go on Google Trends and test out the keywords you want to optimize.
    21. Don't start optimizing until you have content ready. And YES - Have a blog on your website where to share content regular!
    22. For the Pinterest start with a button on the website, include the profile widget and start to share a LOT. Pin A lot of images. Comment on Popular Pins..etc.

23. Repeat!

Hope this journey will help you.
    If you need more help PM me,
    Sincerely,
    Matt:)

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  16. samz1

samz1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi Matt,

I have no words to say you thank you for such nice precise , killing, genuine SEO tips for beginners like myself. Bundle of thanks and God bless you with more success and happiness.
    Best wishes
    sam

samz1, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  17. stechweb

stechweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Art of SEO (Theory in Practice) by Eric Enge, Stephan Spencer, Jessie Stricchiola and Rand Fishkin (Mar 24, 2012); 9781449304218 is good guide.

stechweb, Jul 19, 2014 IP