1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can i structure a good back linking campaign?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Beck800, Jun 10, 2014.

Any tips guys?

Beck800, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  2. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Beck,

Here's what's working in 2014.

Keyword and Competition Research

I'm assuming you've already done your keyword research, and created your site focused on some low competition, but high traffic keywords. The next step is to look at the competition and find out:
    1. What kind of anchor text profiles do the top rankers have? Reverse engineering their profiles is key in determining how you're going to make your distribution as well. When you're up against Amazon, they typically use a lot of anchors like "Amazon : <product>", so this is what you're going to have to do as well. If you're up against someone else, they might have a highly diluted profile, where no anchor is used more than 1%, so you're also going to need to do the same.
    2. How powerful are their links? If they're getting PA>30, DA>30 links from credible sources, then you're going to need these too. Cheap forum posts, directories, etc aren't going to cut it for you. I would avoid these entirely, regardless of what the competition is doing.
    Build Links

If you haven't started building backlinks yet, throw 1-2 high PR/PA/DA backlinks per week at the top of your silos. If your site is aged and already has some backlinks, you can crank this up to 4-5/week. Make sure they're homepage, contextual, and low OBL. Always send them from relevant niche sites. Start working toward the anchor text profiles that the top rankers have.

Toss links at the inner pages as well. Any site with a natural backlink profile wont have 100% of the links going to the homepage.

Balance with social signals. Any site getting links from authority sites is likely getting at least a handful of shares and bookmarks. Make them coincide with release of new content.

~~~

If you follow all of the above correctly, unless your keyword is too difficult, you'll rank guaranteed.

Hope this helps,
    Diggity

DiggitySEO, Jun 10, 2014 IP
  3. smithrick

smithrick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    smithrick, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  4. Adam Vowles

Adam Vowles Member

Best Answers:
    I would focus on getting traffic - find where your target audience 'live' online. interact with them and mold your site / posts around their needs and then market to them. keep it simple.

Adam Vowles, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  5. Thetony

Thetony Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Adam. Everyone keeps providing high level overview of how to build links and never really reveal how it is done. Then when you check on back links of those affiliate sites owned by the people who tell you how to build links, most of them have high number of links coming from private link network types of sites that are waiting to get penalized by Google.

Thetony, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  6. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think Adam, smithrick and Diggity have given you valuable points. I just want to add one thing: link-building is not a one-trick pony or a single recipe. You need to work those links plus that social media activity plus that search for traffic in a mix. If you just go, say, for directories, or just for social you won't get too far.

Tedel, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  7. Beck800

Beck800 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is interesting to see the answers. My website is getting traffic primarily from social media such as Pinterest and Tumblr. Are good way of getting backlinks? For example: A Repin from Pinterest or a reblog on Tumblr counts as a backlink correct???

Beck800, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  8. Alexia Deloire

Alexia Deloire Peon

Best Answers:
    You can visit free-link-list.com it's a good site for link buiding, as it shows listing of thousand directories, bookmark, press release, blog comment, article sites, pings...

Alexia Deloire, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  9. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Everything starts with a wise plan...

What you should Do

1. Search engines is the place where you need to be active ( search, analyze). It's just the way of keeping things active no matter what. Gold word is what I want to underscore is that content is the solid foundation to a solid and long term optimization merged with social media signals and again distribution. That's what you have to keep in mind each and every day when you get up and star the work. Flawless content is the solution. You need to share your content and expose it on the right places that ultimately will bring traffic.
    2. Natural links are important as content but niche links. This method still stands up and will stand for a long time. You win traffic, trust and obvious you lose the effect of controlling the anchors. All in all you get a powerful natural link that will backlink to your website with no side effects.
    3. Embrace nofollow!

If you need more help let me know,
    Matt:)

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 18, 2014 IP
    DiggitySEO likes this.