1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pain in Getting Tattoo ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jazzyjmnote, May 12, 2014.

how much pain it costs to get a big 2x2 inch permanent tattoo inserted onto arms? Does it hurt lots as I want to get 1.....

jazzyjmnote, May 12, 2014 IP
  2. Akash47

Akash47 Member

Best Answers:
    Much pain. All of the pain.
    No, I'm just kidding. It really depends on many factors. What's your pain threshold? How skinny/muscular are your arms? How sensitive is your skin?
    Whatever the answer to any of those is, if you really want a tattoo, you should go and get it. If you are sure about this and have wanted one for a long time, go for it. It might hurt while you're doing it, but in the end — you'll be happy you got it.

Akash47, May 12, 2014 IP
  3. jazzyjmnote

jazzyjmnote Banned

Best Answers:
    I have skinny arms, not muscular, just somewhat muscles when contracting(folding arms), skin is of normal sensitivity. A girl got a Tattoo on his hand back side and cried all night because of pain of getting tattoo in the morning. but I want it on my upper arm.

jazzyjmnote, May 12, 2014 IP
  4. Akash47

Akash47 Member

Best Answers:
    Well that should actually be fine. There's really no way of knowing until you actually go for it.
    If it's a big image, it will eventually start hurting cuz they're pricking the same place over and over again, but if it's something small, don't even think twice about the pain. You'll forget about it 10 minutes after you're done getting a tattoo.
    Just be SURE you want it. My go-to method for each tattoo I want is to wait two years since I originally get the idea, and if I still like it — i get it.

Akash47, May 14, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. Deadbear

Deadbear Member

Best Answers:
    Most people I've known growing up even myself after you get that first tattoo, you feel like your addicted now. Most of the time thinking about your next tattoo while getting one done. It's mostly the adrenalin rush you get that makes it super cool getting one. Pick something your going to love forever is my only suggestion.. Good luck

Deadbear, May 14, 2014 IP
  6. goodstudy

goodstudy Banned

Best Answers:
    Right now, tattooing is a wildfire, almost all kids I know are fully tatted, Ten or fifteen years ago, you hardly could see tattoos on people, and now they’re all over even, now I have seen rappers ice cream their face on some dumb shh.. Like while
    people may receive tattoos compulsively, it rarely crosses the line into truly addictive behavior I think.

I have two medium size, and it doesn't hurt at all, depending on what location of the body you ink.

goodstudy, May 14, 2014 IP
  7. HighTechOcean

HighTechOcean Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No i don't think you will get hurt from tattoo. Whenever you go for tattoo don't think about pain just think something which you like the most.

I have also tattoo on my hand but i didn't feel any pain at that time.

HighTechOcean, May 15, 2014 IP
  8. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't hurt at all. I have tattoos all over my arms including my forearm. The upper arm is probably the place that's where don't hurt at all but if you get closer to your wrist then you'll feel it but not the pain, but funny feeling to it from hitting your bones at high rate of speed.

A lot of people like to get tattoos on the arms because it's the place where the least pain is and the most place that's painful would be on either your ribcage, foot or lower back they say.

Let me warn you, when you get a first tattoo you're going to want more and more then it becomes addiction like mine. When I get the first tattoo, next week I went back and got another, then next week I went back and get 3rd then 4th, then 5th and so. Now my arms covered with different tattoos.

I love the feeling of it, personally. Getting tattoo that is and it feel much better than getting blood draw from the hospital honestly and it tickles.

Be absolutely sure that you get the tattoos that you want and know that it's never going to get off because it's going to be a permanent and a lot of people regrets choosing the arts and wish they'd get different arts instead.

Joshie, May 15, 2014 IP
  9. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I remember I wanted to get a tattoo in my early teens. Glad I never got it, I'd probably be completely covered by them by now.

qwikad.com, May 17, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are lucky then!

After the first one, I couldn't get enough of them and now I have no more room and almost thought to keep it going by from my arms to over my shoulders and then my upper body and probably will keep going to the feet but glad I decided to call it quit before I let it get too far than my arms.

Joshie, May 17, 2014 IP
  11. agung fajriadi

agung fajriadi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think not only the pain but the effect on your life. :)

agung fajriadi, Jun 21, 2014 IP
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have never had the urge nor gotten a tattoo. As a kid, I hated needles (shots from doctors, dentists, etc.) and that is probably why I never even considered the process. I do have one story of caution, however. Many years ago, I was running a corporate sales and marketing organization for a software company. I think that I had 30 sales reps and another 10-15 sales support/marketing staff, or so. One of them was a young college graduate who came from a blue collar family (as I did) as opposed to a white collar family like most of the other sales rep. He was a hard worker, smart, and did quite well selling for us. He had growth potential within my organization. The company summer picnic came around and everyone attended in shorts in tee shirts because we were going to play softball, etc. This salesperson suddenly had a minor problem: he had gotten a tattoo on his upper arm and that certainly was not the corporate image that he wanted to project to his peers, management, etc., most of whom likely would have thought less of him as a result. I was doing a bit of mentoring with him and, fortunately, the tattoo was small enough that it could be covered up with a 2-inch by 2-inch Band Aid and that is how he went to the picnic. No one even bothered to ask about the bandage, though we had prepared a story. Had he covered his body in tattoos, of course, we would have had no good solution.

Of course, these days, the perception of tattoos has changed a bit for the younger generation. But that is not yet the case with the older generations who are still running corporations. So, if any of your career plans include working in a Corporate environment, I suggest that you keep your first tattoo small and in a place where a cover-up is possible. There are always surprise occasions that you will have to attend where the dress code could reveal much more skin than expected.

jrbiz, Jun 22, 2014 IP
    jazzyjmnote likes this.
  13. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Measuring the pain involved in getting tattoos is not an exact science.
    For one person, a lower back tattoo might be the most painful tattoo while for another person it may be the one that bothered them the least.

So the placement of the tattoo has a lot to do with how painful it will be to get inked.

Each person is different, therefore the pain level differs for everyone.

janinaherz, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  14. drmd

drmd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If your a girl, I suggest you do not get tattoo. It ain't pretty.

As for the pain, it shouldn't be more painful than getting toothache, I assume.

drmd, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  15. Jordan117

Jordan117 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nonsense! I got a tattoo of a little dolphin on my ankle and everyone loves it, and i love it too! It hurt alot but it was sooo wroth it and it looks great.

But I think all tattoos should be meaningful so take your time when thinking about what kinda tattoo you want on your skin forever.
    well maybe not forever, there is always laser tattoo removal. :p

Jordan117, Jul 16, 2014 IP
    Mark Henderson and fattwam like this.
  16. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like a mosquito bite

scurvy, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  17. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You're quite the misogynist wanker aren't you!

sarahk, Jul 17, 2014 IP
    malky66, ryan_uk and jrbiz like this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, LOL, LOL. It is probably because I speak American English, but I absolutely love some of the other English colloquialisms like "wanker." Up until about three months ago, I was consulting for a company headquartered in Fleet in the U.K. and I often could not help myself but break out in laughter over a word or two such as that on a random conference call. Sorry for being off-topic, but I am still laughing/enjoying your comment. To get back on topic, yes, the poster does seem to be a misogynist wanker.

jrbiz, Jul 17, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  19. drmd

drmd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So a man prefers women with no tattoo and he's misogynist? Seriously?

Can I call women who prefer men with no tattoo misandrists?

drmd, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Taken in the context of your other posts on this forum and the fact that the thread isn't about gender or taste but about pain.

sarahk, Jul 20, 2014 IP