1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Marketing

Discussion in 'General Business' started by webahead, Jun 28, 2014.

Hello guys I am new to email marketing world. I want to know how I can get the email of any particular category to make it more leads from that.

webahead, Jun 28, 2014 IP
  2. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not to sure what you mean? If you are brand new to email marketing then you need a couple of things in place.

1. Autoresponder
    2. Hosting
    3. Squeeze page/Opt in form

Lets say you are in health & fitness niche. You could either create a product like 'how to get a 6 pack' or purchase PLR rights to a health and fitness product and rename and edit bits you want editing.

Create an email campaign within your autoresponder and create a sign up form. Create a number of follow up emails, these should be targeted to earn the trust of your future subscribers and build a relationship with them, you DO NOT want to try and sell them anything just yet until you earn their trust.

Your follow up sequence emails should contain valuable information that your subscribers will want to read. So you could give them extra tips in how to lose weight, get fit, pack on muscle etc.

Then create a squeeze page and place opt in forms on your related health and fitness website. Then integrate your autoresponder sign up form with your squeeze page opt in box.

I know it probably sounds confusing but it really isnt. The likes of Aweber have training videos which show you how to do everything.

Thomas Owen, Jun 28, 2014 IP
  3. webahead

webahead Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Thomas, I will try to implement these techniques into my business.
    I have one more query can someone sell adult products through email marketing if possible how one can find the email of the people which are interested in these products.

webahead, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  4. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go to gfy forum and you can ask there.

kb24, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  5. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need a hosting service to send out the mass emails like mailchimp or aweber

ETA, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  6. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is very "old school," on the way out and the long-term prospects are really bad. I'd think about a different channel.

David Tile, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  7. Thomas Owen

Best Answers:
    Interesting statement David. Could you maybe elaborate more as to why you believe this?

Thomas Owen, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  8. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Email can be great for retargeting previous customers back to your site, but thanks to phishing scams and spam filters -- "cold emails" aren't as effective as they were ten years ago.

9. Thomas Owen

Best Answers:
    I see what you are saying but I disagree. I dont think email marketing is on the way out. In fact I would strongly encourage anyone looking to start an online business, that email marketing should be right at the top of their to-do-list. I suppose it has a lot to do with what niche you are in as to how effective email marketing could be.

For me in the IM/MMO niche, email marketing is BOOMING! Its showing no signs of slowing down either.

Thomas Owen, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  10. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you're having success with it. I'm sure email marketing will always be around and effective in certain situations.

11. holyman01

holyman01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email has revolutionised business communications over recent years with new techniques. A well designed campaign using a properly managed mailing list increase response rates which are much higher than other direct marketing methods. The more targeted your marketing message is, the more successful your business will be.

holyman01, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  12. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you can go to Craiglist and scrape your targeted emails from there.

Chad Eztraffic, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  13. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I started building an email list about a few months ago and my list is currently 2.7k in the IM niche. I've made a decent profit from affiliate marketing, which is an area where email marketing is still effective.

What's your niche? :)

Ethan Alvin, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  14. PeterStraw

PeterStraw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't forget to pay attention to your subject Line: It is how leads determine if they are going to read your email. So spend time on thinking about ways you can improve your subject line. Some ideas are: create subject lines that clearly address your leads business problems, personalize subject lines, and make subject lines actionable like: “attend our webinar” or “download our latest ebook”.

PeterStraw, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  15. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, just got directed to a squeeze page via Craigslist the other day.

David Tile, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  16. richardsinla

richardsinla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    email marketing spells out spam, you are going to get a lot of complaints instead of business, by sending unsolicited emails, i would stay away from that

richardsinla, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  17. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You need a double opt list of a few thousand before you even think about using that strategy.

ETA, Jul 16, 2014 IP
    furca likes this.
  18. ironmanv8

ironmanv8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey buddy,

I know there's a lot of antagonization of email marketing here, which I disagree. @Thomas Owen - Thank you for shedding light!

There are software that allows you to scrape websites for email addresses, which will give you a terrible bounce rate and report to spam rate. What you would want to do is separate domain name for the initial point of contact to see which emails are 1) valid 2) will not report you as spam 3) will not unsubscribe -- you can get all this information from the email logs from your SMTP sending service save this emails to another list, which would be your clean list. The longer you do this and have a significantly larger clean list than the scraped list you use to make your initial point of contact, the better overall bounce rate you will have. Keep in mind if your bounce rate exceeds 15%, SMTP service provides may ban you.

Hope this strategy helps!

ironmanv8, Jul 16, 2014 IP
    furca and Mick2012 like this.