1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Moving from page 3 to page 1 in google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by carrieathomer, Jul 12, 2014.

One of my site ranking for particular keyword is 3 rd page of google.

I did try many methods to move it to 1st page. I want some new ideas.

Already, i tried to create some good quality backlinks so it moved from page 10 to page 3 in 2 months.

i don't create many backlinks, just browse relevent blog and post good comment. Create a special PR and submit to press release sites.

still any ideas what can i do.

It is dental clinic niche.

Thanks

carrieathomer, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  2. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Carrie,

If you got to page 3 from 10 just from blog commenting and PR releases, you likely found a easy niche. I'm assuming its locally based since its dental. These typically perform really well and respond well to high page rank (PR), page authority (PA) backlinks from relevant pages.

What I would do first is look at the first page rankers for the keyword you're aiming for. Look at their anchor text profiles and determine what anchors they're using to hold the top slots. Are they mostly branded anchor texts? URL anchors? Target keywords? Brand + Target keyword?

Then start sending these anchors from links on high powered, relevant websites in the health niche.

Ranking locally based sites is quite easy with this method. I helped someone rank for NYC dentist just last week doing the exact same thing.

Regards,
    Diggity

DiggitySEO, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  3. carrieathomer

carrieathomer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Diggity SEO

thanks for your suggestion. When viewing the similar websites backlink profiles. They have 30% of the backlink as naked URL. however, their anchord url's are longtailed keywords in which the main keyword exists. (2 word or 3 word keyowords)

some times i don't want to go through their route, coz the counterparts have built the links in 4 months (1000's of links), but i am handipicking the websites where i get my backlink.

thanks

carrieathomer, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  4. carrieathomer

carrieathomer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    BTW, diggity can buying HIGH PR links can help?

carrieathomer, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  5. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you think blog commenting is still effective? I'm interested. I hope you don't mind sharing some tips.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  6. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    @carrieathomer - instead of blog comments. try to outreach to the blog owners and see if you can get a link on an existing page or as a new post. Also utilize innerlinks to push further your targeted keywords. It is okay to buy PR links but don't use it as your primary linkbuilding and you should know the risk since it will be shared with other customers. And yes, links on high pr pages do help.
    @Patricia - I think blog comments is still effective depending on the competition. But is it worthy? I don't do blog comments and I focus more on getting incontextual links on relevant sites or high pr pages. They are way better

j3thro, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Best Answers:
    Sounds new to me, what do you mean by incontextual links? Can you give an example? I appreciate your response, thanks!

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  8. j3thro

j3thro Member

Best Answers:
    I mean contextual backlink or just anchor text links inside the article.

j3thro, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  9. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is an example of a contextual link:

Buying a new pet can be a great experience, but one must be aware of the precautions that go along with becoming a new pet owners. It becomes very important to <a href="insert link">train your dog</a> at an early age, so they don't start to build habits that are hard to break later in life.

Non-contextual links would include:
    • Citations at the end of an article
    • Image links
    • Blogroll links
    • Banners
    • Etc
    Based on numerous tests, contextual links outperform non-contextual links in terms of link juice transferal.

Hope this helps,
    Diggity

DiggitySEO, Jul 16, 2014 IP
    Patricia Ann Lee likes this.
  10. Himalayan

Himalayan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Creating and publishing new unique content is always helpful for any website from the promotional point of view, it is good to make your content informative and directly written for users so it generate traffic and support to the website and improve search engine visibility.

Himalayan, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  11. Resource9

Resource9 Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Content does make a lot of difference. Make sure to post content that is useful to the people and they will flock to your website and your social networks as well.

Resource9, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  12. Patricia Ann Lee

Best Answers:
    I see now. Thanks for clarifying.
    Just a question though, how about links on the comment, I mean the name of the commentator that is hyperlinked? What is it called? Contextual or Non Contextual?

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  13. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Each business strategy is different.

1. I sketch from zero all the work starting with the keywords analysis.

2. Move to content/contexts/headlines.

3. If It's a local business that's better - go with the Google map listing which is very important. If not I skip that. and go just with Google Authorship in both cases.

4. Follow the CTA (Call-to-Action) - Link Structure (Build linking relationship between on site pages to improve linkability ) - Site architecture - Action Ratio. All need to have a very good connection.

5. Optimize each web page using Yoast Pro or other SEO framework

6. Tracking the performance of conversions on the site

7. Make recommendations for off page optimization. Contact Local - Regional - National Bloggers where we can't influence anchor texts, widgets or BIOs.

8. Start the Social Pages. Go and start campaigns by demographic areas and if possible after niche.

9. Try to gain some influencers on our G+ page so we can have a good share integration.

10. Community services. Integrate on top forums and actually bring value to the boards. Forget about the backlinks benefit. Actually give really good results, really good value to what we post,answer there to gain trust, awareness.

11. Digg for natural links. This keeps the engines active no matter what.

12. No follow attribute for all the backlinks build out there.

13. Classic SEO momentum - Turn the CTA(Call-to-Action) to a valid Click!

14. Distribute content. Rich content, with more than 500 words!

15. Interact with social activity - go to charity, spread flyere, become known local - and get listed on Chamber of Commerce website!

16. Repeat!

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 17, 2014 IP
    DiggitySEO likes this.