1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google really frustrates me!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Veronica Ruggiero, Jul 14, 2014.

I don't understand why Google has become the number 1 search engine around. I recently did the comparison test with Bing, and I find Bing to be much better overall. But yet, I keep going back to Google. Why?

A lot of the times, my search queries don't even show up correctly. They still allow spam to get through, so I've picked up malware on multiple occasions.

A new search engine needs to come along asap! Google is starting to rule the world.

Veronica Ruggiero, Jul 14, 2014 IP
    boom bap and danasurvey like this.
  2. dodo123

dodo123 Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, ppl should move to bing as soon as possible. Google sucks!

dodo123, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  3. Clickfinity

Clickfinity Active Member

Best Answers:
    But what if Google does it better than everyone else? Do you think that if Bing suddenly became as successful as Google you'd see the same results? Well, you wouldn't - every SEO "expert" in town would start trying to sell you the "10 keys to getting your site to #1 in Bing" and exploit all the known loopholes in Bing's algorithm to spam the results and you'd be back to square one. Junk in, junk out!

The web is a massively oversaturated marketplace with few controls in place to regulate it and it's going to take time for some order to be made of the current chaos; I believe Google is attempting to do that with their ongoing changes to filter out more and more of the junk / low quality content - but it's a mammoth task considering how much of it there is and how quickly the deprecated search content can be redrawn and redelivered under a different domain name and packaging. Hell, anyone with a bit of server space can "own" a pre-packaged Wordpress site with 100's of articles and have it up and running in an hour or so. Scale that up to millions upon millions of servers and you need some massive CPU power and bandwidth to sort through it all.

That's where Google comes into its own - they have the bandwidth and power to catalogue, sort and present much more of the web than their competitors.

You can never say never and someday someone may come along and give Google a run for their money (look how Facebook changed the game - remember Myspace?) - but I'm not convinced it will be Bing.

Clickfinity, Jul 15, 2014 IP
    qwikad.com, matt_62 and Jim4767 like this.
  4. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At the moment Google provides the most results when any searcher a specific search. Bing, Yahoo, Yandex and other engines at the moment are not that powerful and well updated as Google. Youtube is 2nd engine (as traffic) at the moment. You can find there almost anything.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  5. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Actually, when it comes to search engine, only Google comes in your mind.

eric_wahlberg, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  6. salactivee

salactivee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have your personal issues with Google Search Engine. Google offering lots of features more then any search engine that is offering right now.. in my opinion google is best search engine i have ever used.

salactivee, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  7. pryidevsblog

pryidevsblog Active Member

Best Answers:
    Through this question you bring a new and interesting topic for debate. I know now a days bing gives a tough competition to Google. But still there are many people who even type Google to check weather there internet connection is working properly or not.

pryidevsblog, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  8. Pooja Thakur1

Pooja Thakur1 Member

Best Answers:
    You are right somewhere because i am doing SEO of Indian Honeymoon Packages. But when it comes to page rank it gives good results in Bing but in google the result is worst. It seems as if our site stands nowhere. Although i am following each and every strategies of google to increase the rank. But yet date worthy results are just miles away.

Pooja Thakur1, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  9. indiasbull

indiasbull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    BING never PINGS in mind :p
    SImple
    google iis like .. go girls

a father and mother say to daughter .. Go girl
    when player not playing well coach says.. go girl

........................ list is huge :)

indiasbull, Jul 19, 2014 IP
  10. John Lucas

John Lucas Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! Google has the tough job. Nobody expects much from Bing and from what I've heard from youngsters these days is that it is only good for searching up adult content. But yeah, not the easiest job in the world to keep billions and billions of searches up to your standard. At least they are doing an admirable job and works on most occasions.

John Lucas, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  11. alwaysStriving

alwaysStriving Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google will be king until something MUCH better comes around. It's synonymous with Web Search

alwaysStriving, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  12. Glen Maguire

Glen Maguire Peon

Best Answers:
    Google can be frustrating to work with as it appears like it keeping on changing the key search engine ranking factors. Though it's core focus never changed. To rank well designed websites / web properties that offer great content. Things just became a bit messy when people started to manipulate the rankings.

Glen Maguire, Jul 20, 2014 IP
  13. Pintu

Pintu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google hate spam and spammers thaths why it getting updated frequently, Google always try to serve best and unique to their visitors. There are thousands of search engine but none of them can beat google. Afterall it's Google. :)

Pintu, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  14. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When we need a copy, most of us "Xerox" it. It's the same with "Google." It has become a verb — "Google it" — and it is not likely to lose its #1 place soon, if at all.

Jim4767, Jul 22, 2014 IP
    brealmz and Clickfinity like this.
  15. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hard to break a habit when there is no compelling reason to change.

dcristo, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  16. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no alternatives of Google yet! and hope that no one will comes up to compete with Google. Bing and Yahoo already compromises and keep struggling with Google from its commencement in search engine world.

iwebsocial, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  17. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be perfectly honest, even if bing CAN provide better results every once in a while, google is still better. Yeah, blackhat SEO people make it complicated to find what you need, but the sheer AMOUNT of results and the QUICKNESS with which they are gathered is stupendous!
    Bing, as a relevantly "small" search engine does have the upper hand in terms of "clean" SERPs, but it also has the disadvantage of not being popular. If everybody would suddenly switch to Bing, as you suggested, the whole engine would probably go down. :)

YJunK, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  18. RichardGB

RichardGB Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Bing can beat google is some ways of sarching or else. But remember that google is not only a searching engine. It is a huge corporation that has many other content such as email (that is not only gmail), owned youtube and cooperation with android. Oh, by the way I cannot remember any other map that has that amount of information and is easy to use (compare it with apple maps for example). If you like to use bing, use it, nobody argues.

RichardGB, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  19. cblanke

cblanke Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used google for years. I always had friends that would always say (do you yahoo) and my answer was always no i use google. But a little over a year ago i just dumped google search all together as i was not impressed with the direction google took when most of the sites on the web was created with googles input from the gate and then turns and tells everyone it is wrong.

In my mind all the bad linking practices were started by google and then all of a sudden it was wrong and a lot of people suffered for it. I have switched to Bing for most of my searches and Bing seems to do just fine for me. As i have always been a underdog in a lot of things, i always try to give the underdog a chance as they strive to do better and if more people would follow suit google would have to change their practices and policies of trying to dupe people for their own gain.

cblanke, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  20. Ferzy

Ferzy Member

Best Answers:
    I use google mainly because that's where the majority of the traffic to my sites come from. If that changes - i know, it's ironically - i would start to use and optimize for another search engine.

Ferzy, Jul 28, 2014 IP