1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What type of traffic did you see after a month, 2 months etc?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Googs, Jul 15, 2014.

Hello, I had just started a couple of new blogs. This is my first attempt at this and I'm curious what kind of traffic others have seen after 1 month, 2 months etc... I've been submitting my blogs everywhere I can think of but after a few weeks have only had about 100 visitors and none have stayed long.

Would anyone be interested in listing some statistics for their own blog and what type of traffic they had in the first couple of months. Also, how did you promote your blog?

Thanks

Googs, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  2. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Without knowing your specific niche, I would say that's a good start. Building a following takes a while. Just make sure your promoting posts on Twitter, FB, etc.

Jake Rigdon, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you are writing a technology blog for people interested in plasma laser measurement of Carbon-14 in the biomass, your numbers are spectacular. If you are writing a sports blog about the FIFA 2014 World Cup, not so much.

Here is a better question to ask and research: how much marketing effort did it take to get the 100 visitors? If you did nothing or next to nothing, that is pretty good traffic. If you spent $10,000 promoting the blog online and offline, not so much. What you really want to know, however, is what got you those 100 Visitors? And, were they good visitors? If they bounced right back out upon hitting your website, they are probably not what you are looking for. If quite a few stayed long enough to read one or more of your posts, then that would be exciting and you definitely need to duplicate and amplify the efforts that caused you to acquire them.

Make sure that you have an email registration option so that you can send interested Visitors updates when a new post has been put up, etc.

jrbiz, Jul 15, 2014 IP
    Jake Rigdon likes this.
  4. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree. Not much context here. Could you provide more details?

Jake Rigdon, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  5. Googs

Googs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've actually have two blogs I'm working on, however the one I'm focusing promoting at the moment is a site for affordable home do it yourself projects. Many of them being free, or nearly free to complete. I was thinking of creating a free ebook on how to build one of the projects in hopes of creating a list but I"m not certain if the time investment would pay off.

Googs, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  6. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Before starting the business you need to have a purpose. You will waste time if you launch the site and after you realize that you don't have a strategy to follow. Build a team. Don't make a big one but start with "A player" from each category that will get the type of work for the star that you need to get a bump on engines and teach you stuff. After that you can fire him and work alone. Is very important to have your work done professional from the start.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 16, 2014 IP