1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Webmaster Forum

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Bedwan, Jul 13, 2014.

I am selling this web master forum developed since 1 year and half with a great premium domain name. All content is unique to the website, the design is custom premium. I don't have the time to manage or promote the forum which is why I am selling. Everything is included in sale except the VB license.

There is no revenue as it was not monetized before or developed for that propose.

Bedwan, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  2. Pixelsy

Pixelsy Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A 1 year and half old domain/website and no PR or Moz Rank.. Interesting. With all the unique content and design the forum should be loved by Search engines and good rankings should be achieved. It doesn't look to be working here.

Good luck with your sale mate.

Pixelsy, Jul 14, 2014 IP
    KangBroke likes this.
  3. Bedwan

Bedwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Actually if you check the website you will find out it is a trusted website. Also if you care to read and understand what I said in my sale "I don't have the time to manage or promote the forum which is why I am selling" you would not be posting useless comments.

I am not selling it based or ranking, or based on revenue which is mentioned in the original post.

So please before posting, read, understand and then post!

Bedwan, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  4. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 7
    You should practice what you preach, Her comments were not useless at all. Her comments make sense to a normal person.

A forum up for over a year with actual users and unique content would be all over the SERPs.

A trusted website??? Where can you get this verified at? TrustedWebsites.com?

Don't have time to manage or promote?

You member count went from

may 8 2013 : 239
    july 29 2013 : 16
    sep 4 2013 : 9
    Jun 25 2014 : 50

So it appears that you hired some people to post or got spammed. Then pruned the forums. I don't think this is a case of not having the time, I think this is more like you thought you had the next best thing since ice cream. Then realized its hard to start a successful forum with $10-20 these days. And now you are trying to sell it for more than it is worth.

Where is your monetization?

Why is your forum worth $100?

Most the posts are 1-2 lines. And from the same 2-3 users. There is no current income from the site. The logo was done by a toddler in preschool.

Id say if anything with a terrible domain like webmasterheart which would be terrible english, and no traffic and no rev. $20 on a good day. $10-15 if you wanna keep it real.

KangBroke, Jul 14, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and malky66 like this.
  5. Bedwan

Bedwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    If you do not know what a trusted website means, then do not act like the know it all person.

If I already said there was no promotion done, then you should know that without promotion a website would not rank. So if you do not know anything about SEM and promotion then do not act to know.

Also the first poster is not a she, but a he. So again do not act as the know it all person.

Where is your monetization? Like I said for the first poster, read the original thread before you post useless comments.

Bedwan, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  6. Pixelsy

Pixelsy Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Look, if you are going to get offended by each and every reply on this thread, don't post a website for sale on DP. Members here look into things before they invest. I was kinda interested but what you said about the forum in OP and the stats shown and researched don't look appealing to me. Hence i posted my comment.

Now, if you are a webmaster urself, you should know that even if you don't promote a website/forum the thing we call sitemap works wonders. It pings all Search engines (most of them) and tells them, 'Hey, we have something for you' and the pages/posts get indexed. Even if you have 10 pages indexed, Moz rank can easily be around 5-10 on their scale given the fact that the domain is pretty old.

Now as for PR for domain, my stagnant domain (which i sold to a person here) got PR 1 last year in Sept and it was only 7 months old then. So, don't tell that forums don't get any attention from Google or other SE.

As for what you mentioned in the quoted message above 'I am not selling it based or ranking, or based on revenue which is mentioned in the original post.', there is no revenue and no rankings and no Moz rank, why should one buy the forum from you, if it's not getting the attention.

Nuff Said.

Regards
    Pix.

Pixelsy, Jul 15, 2014 IP
    KangBroke likes this.
  7. Bedwan

Bedwan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I am not offended, I do not like people posting useless comments without reading. The discussion has ended with you after I showed you that you post before you read and I am not even interested selling you either.

Pinging bot has nothing to do with page rank and ranking, so don't make fool of yourself.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Bedwan, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  8. Pixelsy

Pixelsy Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lol.. I read then i made the post. I guess you still don't get it and where did I say you have to ping 'bots'?

Pixelsy, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  9. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 6
    As Buyer:
    100% - 7
    I think this is one of those instances where the seller has it in his mind that the domain is worth over $100 because he bought a vb license for a project that failed, and now wants to recoup his lost funds. Then any person who really wants to sell something of value does not need to get defensive because good things sell very easy.

He is just mad because we blew up his spot and now it will be a bit harder to squeeze 5x what the domain is worth out of a noob. :p

KangBroke, Jul 15, 2014 IP
    Pixelsy likes this.
  10. mareslo

mareslo Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    i agree KangBroke you guys ruined his sale but atleast informed newbs and saved them some money.No offense but i don't see 100$ anywhere...Thoose few posts....For 100$ you should get better forum.Newbs buy forums like this bcs they probably think forum will grow itself and will overnight become as big as DP is.

mareslo, Jul 16, 2014 IP