1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New twitter user confused

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by stephensmith, Jul 12, 2014.

Maybe someone here can help me. I opened a Twitter account last night and started following some people. In the course of the evening, I replied to about 5 tweets from other people, using the “Reply” button. Then Twitter said they were suspending my account for abuse of “Reply!” I don’t understand this. I thought people replied to other people’s tweets all the time. I thought that was what the @ thing was about.

stephensmith, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  2. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you sent out a bunch of direct messages (DMs), Twitter might see that as spam-like behavior. Direct messages are like private email - nobody else sees them except the 2 parties involved. Not sure what the 'reply button' you're referring to is but it could be sending out DMs -- not '@'s

Keith Nimble, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  3. KasparP

KasparP Active Member

Best Answers:
    Youre referring to replying to a tweet right? Just like mentioned above, Twitter does have a spam filter. If youre happening to send 5 links in a row it might get caught in the filter.

KasparP, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  4. Ron Farrow

Ron Farrow Member

Best Answers:
    Agree totally with the above. Twitter can be really sensitive with new accounts. Best to only follow a few each day at first (under30), tweet regularly, say about 5 times a day until you have at least 100 followers.

Ron Farrow, Jul 20, 2014 IP