1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can social networking be improved?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Alifk, Jun 8, 2014.

Is there any room for social networking and the way its currently constructed to be improved or would it require better global technology before it advances. It seems to me the way all major social networks work the overall functionality lacks any real interaction and its basically just making and sharing pages. Any opinions?

Alifk, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  2. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    actually social networking has a huge limit: after a while it becomes boring. So people comes in and out, write and read messages then focus on something different for a while. Then they'll go back to networking probably. But when the networks will find a way to keep our attention focused all the time: Ok, what will happen? your ideas?

danasurvey likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Someone will come up with something that turns it all on it's head.

When facebook started I couldn't understand why you'd post on a wall and not on your blog and then just use an RSS aggregator to view what everyone is thinking. Now I know few people who would want to own a blog - certainly not 99% of my facebook friends.

A gamechanger will come and when it does most of us will think it's blindingly obvious, or not that hard, or not that different but because we didn't think of it we will be left watching.

sarahk, Jun 8, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Lately, I've been spending more time on Twitter than FB or G+. I kinda begin to think that Twitter's potential is generally underestimated. They keep tweaking it and I am starting to like it more and more. Maybe 2014 will be the year when Twitter hits it even bigger?

qwikad.com, Jun 8, 2014 IP
  5. Alifk

Alifk Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think social networks will extend to the point where it can become our identifier online just like you have an id your social network account can be your label to anything online

Alifk, Jun 8, 2014 IP
    lapensee and mymindrules like this.
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think your use of social networks can always be improved. SMM (Social Media Marketing) is a great way to get quality traffic. ;)

danasurvey, Jun 11, 2014 IP
  7. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That`s exactly what i was thinking about blogs : why would anyone write online his diary ??? Or about MySpace - why would anyone use that when you can e-mail and chat with friends on messenger? Or call them...

webcosmo, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  8. Jake The Competition Man

Best Answers:
    ah, ok I tell you the truth. I was sure blogs were a winning choice. but I wasn't sure about the impressive potential. Could never imagine a blog as your primary marketing platform. I was considering it a channel or an added service to create a community.

9. gracyrobert22

gracyrobert22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, Of course. Social media can be improved.Many visitors and peoples share their information an promoting the business through social media sites.

gracyrobert22, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  10. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love ALL social media (LinkedIn, G+, FB, Twitter, Pinterest)...

I also love to blog haha.

My advice? If you blog... Make sure to promote your posts on ALL of your social media profiles... And be sure to promote the HECK out of your social media profiles everywhere you possibly can.

(I mean EVERYWHERE - in your posts, your other social media profiles, email marketing, your ebooks, videos, products; everywhere).

CandleKeep, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  11. Etoot

Etoot Member

Best Answers:
    Yes they can be improved. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, instagram and YouTube are constantly incorporating new and innovative functionalities.

Etoot, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  12. Jake The Competition Man

Best Answers:
    nothing is perfect and anything can be improved. There are tons of new ideas and functions that can be implemented. Anyway, the question is another one: what will be the reaction of the fans for this or that new feature? If you can find the answer you'll be ahead of the competition.

danasurvey likes this.
  13. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    People behave on social media the same as they do in real life, mostly keeping to themselves -- especially in the US. Facebook, Twitter or whatever other social media platform isn't going to change that. However, if you make an effort to reach out and actually make a connection with people everyday. You'll eventually start to see your network grow.

Keith Nimble, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  14. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree completely about integrating online and offline experience.
    Moreover, we are already spending lots of our time on social websites. Have you been at the sorry party with people, completely focused on their smartphones?

Sam42, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  15. Jake The Competition Man

Best Answers:
    this is the future, a total integration of online and offline experiences. I just wait the smartphones to become id cards and payment cards all together with the phone functions.