1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying CasperJs problem filling a textarea

Discussion in 'Programming' started by hip_hop_x, Jul 10, 2014.

So I just started coding in casperjs and I am struggling for a few hours how to bypass something. Maybe someone more capable than me could help me fix my problem.

I'm trying to crawl something from adwords and I'm stuck completing a form for keywords.
    Take a look at the image to see what's the textarea.

The code is over here: http://pastebin.com/BaJrSjbc

I think someone with more experience could fix this right away so it's a quick job.

You can pm me or contact me via skype if you are able to do this job.

Attached Files:

• exit.jpg
      exit.jpg
      File size:
      57.1 KB
      Views:
    hip_hop_x, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  2. tms2

tms2 Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hmm, I don't know anything about casperjs, but I have similar software coded in C# and Selenium. You are looking for text area in your code and then all you try is click it? What do you expect to happen?

From your code:
    // this is where the button should be pressed (but sadly no data is inserted because i fill that textarea)

What button are you talking about when you are looking for text area?

If your code finds the text area, don't just click it, use SendKeys (or whatever that is called in casperjs) to enter the keyword(s). If the code does not find the text area, try using XPath since this is often more reliable; the XPtah of the text area is "//*[@id="gwt-debug-keywords-text-area"]"

After you use SendKeys to enter at least one keyword, then you need to find this button, the blue one, (XPath)
    //*[@id="gwt-debug-search-button-content"]

and try and click it

Hope this helps a bit

tms2, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  3. hip_hop_x

hip_hop_x Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey thanks for the reply.
    I found out that just by clicking XPath or direct id didn't work. I found a way to do this by going in each button and clicking it independently.

hip_hop_x, Jul 13, 2014 IP