1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Chitika is a joke - CPM/CPC/revenue results

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by dev22, Jun 17, 2014.

1. enteraonews.com

enteraonews.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    With Kontextual, first you need to get your site approved. Once is approved, you create your add, you will get a simple code, one line. You take that small script and add it inside you <body><script>Codes goes here</script></body> and that's it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

enteraonews.com, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  2. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I am trying again. But do they really pay?

Ungratified Coder, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  3. canaryspace

canaryspace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have been trying out Chitika for the last couple of weeks and their ads are rubbish. I own a chat site and check the screenshot for the ads that are useless! I sent the screenshot to Chitka a couple of days ago, no reply, seems their targeting is as rubbish as their support!

[​IMG]

canaryspace, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  4. TheCMan

TheCMan Peon

Best Answers:
    What's Kontextual? I've searched for it but absolutely nothing came up.

Their ads are the worst in appearance, no matter if you change the colors or other "customizations" which are basically useless, the ads themselves do not fit on any website in terms of appearance and style.

They really should do something about it because I guarantee they'd have better CTR's if they looked nicer and not like 1990's buttons.

TheCMan, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  5. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    Oh! You haven't understood their system well. They are search engine based. If visitor come from a search engine to your site, then he will see that keyword based chitika ad on your site.

6. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    Everybody should think over a case. http://www.kontextual.com/ is a social network like twitter and http://www.kontextua.com/ is the ad network. Isn't it as same as spamming?

7. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    Ad style customization can never be the system of get clicked on site where the ad isn't related to topic or site. Chitika's ad is overall disgusting to me. Whatever, I use chitika as I haven't my google adsense approved.

8. enteraonews.com

enteraonews.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    Chitika is the worst, you better off growing your traffic and sell your space to local businesses.

enteraonews.com, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  9. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    Then buysellads.com should be the best way. :)

Ungratified Coder, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  10. evaldasm

evaldasm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wanna hear a joke?

[​IMG]

evaldasm, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  11. changbietvisao

changbietvisao Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My Chitika CPC is 0.01$, I am looking for some better networks

changbietvisao, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  12. changbietvisao

changbietvisao Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Very similar to me!

changbietvisao, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  13. Ungratified Coder

Ungratified Coder Member

Best Answers:
    No way now. We have to find out a better solution now. :(

Ungratified Coder, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  14. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are you guys looking for contextual ads in particular? or are you just looking for better CPM's/Earnings?

wrekoniz3, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  15. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Are you aware what you're talking about? Are you seriouly working in a network company? Could you tell me "how long" we have to wait until the network finish "optimizing our ads"? Along with this, from your words: "Third, the reason why its worse... look at your CTR" - sorry but I DO NOT understand what you wanna say here, WTH is relevant between CTR and the network CPC? If you wanna call down on the OP due to his LOW ctr, in my opinion, his ctr is 100% normal (as I have many websites with 90% US traffic, over 10000 pageview/month get this CTR < 1%, just put ads on sidebar but no longer blend ads with content to "try maximize the ctr", )
    You had better stop talking non-sense words!

mrgadget, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  16. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Funny. I'm well aware of what I'm talking about. See if you were, then you wouldn't need to ask what the correlation is between CTR and CPC. Most networks are different in their optimization process. If its RTB based it takes longer, and if its performance based it takes longer. Point is, it doesn't take a day. Most serious networks/companies are not instant result. As for the CTR/CPC ... on a CPC based network the eCPM is based on the CTR because Clicks = $$ for CPC, so low ctr means less clicks per assessable volume which means you are going to have a much lower eCPM. Its a quite simple concept. CPC or not you cant join a network and fully assess its potential in a few hours.

LOL @ non-sense words. Thanks for the laugh. If you even had the slightest bit of "sense" than instead of asking me about THIS network you would ask the people from THIS network who posted on this thread agreeing with me. The point I made about CTR was, how are you complaining about CPM when clearly the issue is the CTR was dropping. The Lower CTR = Lower amount of clicks = Lower eCPM. Again, SIMPLE. So when he is complaining his CPM is lower. Well DURRRRR why is it lower? DURRRRRR because that day the CTR was lower. DURRRRRRR [Insert Common Sense Here]

Quote from earlier in the thread:
    "....We want you to make as much money as possible since we only make money when our publishers do. wrekoniz3 is correct; it takes us a few days to gather some information about your traffic quality before our system pushes you into a higher ad tier. So your patience is appreciated. Even so, if you email with your username and the URL of the site you're running ads on, we'll do our best to upgrade your site right away and see if we can't get you Gold status."

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    wrekoniz3, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  17. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    First, all we can see here is the CPC of Chitika is LOW (I even don't need to care about CTR). I take the quote from OP as proof: "$0.04 for 9 clicks" (day 1); "$0.004 for click" (next) and you found that "make sense"??
    Why do I have to care about CTR in this story, since the OP probably used the same website (that he got banned from adsense) for Chitika?? The same website = the same CTR (I'm right?), so why he got a terrible decrease in income, can you explain?? (you're sure the problem is not due to CPC?)

And I repeat my question "how long do we have to wait until Chitika finish "optimization process"? (if you know, please help me answer).
    And if you can show any proof (Chitika would be preferred) that your income suddenly increase after the network optimize bla bla..., I will immediately shut the *** up!
    PS: I'm also curious if you're currently using Chitika or not?

mrgadget, Oct 16, 2014 IP
  18. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    The issue is not exactly the CPC (Amount paid per Click). You are absolutely wrong that you do not need to care about CTR. If you are using google, do you get paid if there are no clicks? NO. If you are using any performance based network (any network that pays on an action by a person who see's the ad) then you absolutely need to keep your eye on the CTR. Let me give you an example:

If you do 10,000 impressions (low) but get a 1% CTR at $0.004 CPC ... that is 100 clicks which is $0.40 revenue... which is an eCPM of $0.04 (hopefully i didn't lose/confuse you yet - if you need the math explained let me know)

Now if the ctr drops by half to a 50% to a 0.50% CTR. On 10,000 impressions at the same $0.004 CPC ... that is NOT 100 clicks... it is 50 clicks and as a result the revenue will also drop 50% so the revenue would be $0.20 on 10,000 impressions resulting in an eCPM of $0.02 which is also half. 50% Less CTR = 50% Less Revenue in this example.

You might ask, what changes a CTR? Different campaigns. Just because you are using a network, doesn't mean that the campaigns they are running (the ads which are shown) are of interest to the users of your website. Generally google gets great CTR's because the amount of campaigns they have - but the key to remember - is google has different campaigns than Chitika. So different campaigns... different CTR. Surely, the CPC is low, but the performance on the ads shown is most important. Let me give you another example (best case).

Lets say the site is performing extremely well with the campaigns being shown and the CTR is high...lets say its at 5%

Same 10,000 impressions, same site, different ads, 5% CTR at $0.004 CPC ... that is 500 clicks which is $2.00 which comes out to a $0.20 eCPM.

So optimization now...

[​IMG]

Now these stats are from PremiumCPM. To answer your question, no I do not use Chitika. I work for a network - so I know these things. Now lets lay out a few things, first, PremiumCPM is CPM based it is not CPC or Performance based, but if advertisers are seeing better results they spend more because they are seeing more in return (which is called ROI or Return on Investment). The publisher in this example actually started the month off at under a $0.20 RPM (similar to eCPM). Day 1 on this screenshot is July 23, 2014. 95,296 is the amount of impressions... 396 is the clicks, 0 is conversion... $50.52 is the revenue... $0.53 is the RPM (similar to eCPM).

Now. Look at August 5th. $0.77 RPM ... the next day.. August 6th... $1.14 then look at August 20th (bottom) $1.67 RPM. This here is an example of what happens during optimization.

Now, on performance based networks (which the example above is not performance based but you can see the performance clearly increased over time from the optimizations made) what occurs is a bunch of campaigns are run usually starting at the non-premium campaigns which are lower paying because networks do not want to start running their best campaigns on a new site as fraud is a huge issue...once enough campaigns run its easy to get an idea of which kind of campaigns perform better and which perform worse. From there a network cuts the poorly performing campaigns, and adds new campaigns which are similar to the better performing campaigns... the new campaigns are usually better paying as well. In the above you can see that August 20th the amount of impressions was less than half the amount of impressions on July 25th but the number of clicks is actually more August 20th than that of July 25th.

So - that is Proof that optimization increases earnings. It does, and its is not BS that networks use to just hold publisher on for longer. Although some networks do try to use it as an excuse. But - Optimization is not a simple and defined process, it is a science. It is extremely difficult, and it takes volume, an abundance of campaigns, and it takes time; as well as some trial and error, as you can see some of the days in the report shown above the RPM (similar to eCPM) actually dropped as a result of the optimization.

I will agree the CPC is low. But every network is different. If he got banned by google, even though the rates might be less (as they will be with most other networks as well) its more than what he made with google. If you get banned by google, you know what your revenue is? $0 - because they don't pay people they ban. So that puts this guy ahead. Can't compare google with others.

Now going back to what you said... If you saw proof that optimization increases earnings.... -> I will immediately shut the *** up! --> Please. LOL.

If you have any other questions, I'm happy to help. These are things people should know, even though its complex.

wrekoniz3, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  19. Slincon

Slincon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @wrekoniz3 - you're right in a way - I would never compare any ad network to Adsense, because frankly they do pay higher than everyone else and I think that's because of economies of scale (they have the advertisers, they have the distribution network and they can afford to pay out higher to keep competitive - it's what they can offer that few other ad networks can compare to).

But with that said, Chitika's CPC is downright low & when I did use them I questioned whether they were accurately counting all click-throughs (which is part of the reason I left them). It's true they do take on more types of sites, that Adsense would never take - including lower quality and thin content sites. If you have a site with decent traffic and of quality, avoid them and go with one of the other networks.

The great and annoying part of advertising on the publisher side is being able to experiment with different solutions - I suggest everyone try it, advertising isn't the only way to monetize the site btw.

Slincon, Oct 17, 2014 IP
  20. MonsterMMORPG

MonsterMMORPG Member

Best Answers:
    other than adsense i can say best is cpmstar

MonsterMMORPG, Oct 17, 2014 IP