1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Photoshop Change a Color, please help

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by RahulSaini, Jul 4, 2014.

Yesterday i have seen one of my very old friend can change color of a photo and can make completely different from then original one.
    for example he download a photo of black and white Card and after sometime he changed into a colorful car model and it was looking fabulous like a original pictur, i asked him and he told me how to change this color....
    He tell me so many shortcut but i forgot some of them and unable to change color of photo as like he can change.

As far as i know he used "Pen Tool" and select a part of picture that want to change color and then he used light paint brush.

Please help me and tell me how can i change a color into another color in photoshop.

My AIM is making fake photos of celebrities and share them with my friends, hope you can understand what i want to do....

Thanks....!!

RahulSaini, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  2. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The short answer is yes, use the pen tool to select the area you want to color in - then use paintbrushs and other tools to change the look of your selected area.

Keith Nimble, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  3. kanha sahu

kanha sahu Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly u take one image/Pic
    making of selection -> by using Lasso Tool/ Polygon Lasso Tool/ Magnetic/ Magic Wand Tool/ as well as "Pen Tool"
    after the completion of selection part
    use the masking tool for COLOR

goto that link :

kanha sahu, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  4. Riots

Riots Active Member

Best Answers:
    use the pen tool to create a path around what you want.
    then create a new layer mask
    then you can right click the layer and go ot blending options choose a solid color or gradient

or you can use the pen tool to make a selection you can click the path layer and make a selection
    then color in what you want with a paint brush. ctrl+B

or you can just use the lasso tool to make a selection and just use the brush tool to color it in.

Riots, Aug 16, 2014 IP
  5. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    As is true of many procedures in Photoshop, there are several ways of doing selective color. This is a quick and easy method.

First open your photo in PS of course.

Then go to Layer - Duplicate Layer

Click OK

Then go to Image - Adjustments - Hue / Saturation

Drag the Saturation slider all the way to the left to make the photo black and white.

Click OK

Then get the ERASER tool from the tool box on the left side of the screen. It is usually the next tool under the clone stamp tool. Just hover your mouse over the tool, and it will say Eraser.

When you have selected the Eraser, go up to the Brush options box at the top of the screen, and click on the downfacing arrow. Set the Hardness of the brush to 100% so you will have accurate control of selection. You may also need to raise or lower the brush size to suit.

Erase away any black and white from where you want the color to be revealed.

When done go to
    Layer - Flatten Image

Then just do a Save As to wherever you want to save the photo.

hope this helps you

wanessmark, Nov 14, 2014 IP