1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Blog or Updating Old Blog

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by onlineblogger, Jul 9, 2014.

I have a blogging and web developing related blog. It had more than 100 pages views per day about one year back.

And blog has about 30 quality posts. Because of some reasons I couldn’t update my blog about 6-7 months.

Now traffic is just 5-15 users per day.( I think it affected by some Google updates also. But I am not sure about that).

So my question is, what is the better? Starting a new blog or Updating this blog?

onlineblogger, Jul 9, 2014 IP
  2. smartwebtek.net

smartwebtek.net Member

Best Answers:
    Keep upload a new articles, don`t drop the blog, it`s not penalization if you did not do anything what could makes google nervous :) like for example overoptimizing, or too agressive link building, if not - probably your competition overcome you only because maybe they builded more backlinks ,or more content ,the only thing you need (probably) is create more unique, quality content and maybe a build some good quality backlinks from TOP DA/PR sites, content is KING these days as well as good quality contextual backlinks.

smartwebtek.net, Jul 9, 2014 IP
  3. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Updating old blog would be right decision. You did not updated blog about 6-7 months due to this traffic is only 5-15 per day. It will be good to go for review your blog trough some "website review" sites like quicksprout . com and do necessary changes suggested by such sites. You also should do necessary changes according new guidelines of search engines.

Kristina Roy, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  4. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    First try by updating or adding fresh contents to the old blog. Test for a couple of weeks and check if there is no sign of improvement, you may think of starting a new one.

webdev007, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  5. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    updating the old blog will be the best decision, it has been stagnant for over half year. See how things go prior to dropping the old blog and start from scratch with a new one.,

Vitarank, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  6. Taku13

Taku13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep updating the old blog, if you have some good content on it!

Taku13, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  7. cronik

cronik Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah definitely keep updating the blog. I had a website that got 1k+ visitors a month and after a year of no updates the traffic and Adsense earnings dropped significantly. Just started updating it and the traffic is coming back slowly, but more content equals more traffic (unless you've been penalized).

cronik, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  8. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The right choice would be to continue with your old blog, as it already has any ranking! You could always start a new blog, but it's for people that have enough time to maintain more than 1! ;)

patco, Jul 11, 2014 IP