1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone used buy-pr.com?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by scott2342, Jul 10, 2014.

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying a domain off this site, has anyone used them before? Are they safe? First time buying

Thanks

scott2342, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  2. Mahe

Mahe Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't but I have looked on their listings.

I'm sure you will get what you pay for however don't get hung up on PR and low prices.
    Their PR7 listing has DA/PA 13/26 respectively. That should give you a lot to think.

I have seen expired domains with far better metrics and these you can register for $10.

If you want to learn more about buying expired domains, look at my blog.

Mahe, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    i looked over that site and even if they were for free, I did not see anything worth touching.

IMHO, avoid buying domains only based on their PR, as a single update from google could see that Pr ranking drop from hero to zero -> always ask yourself,"if this domain had PR-0, would I buy it for this price?"

matt_62, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  4. carrieathomer

carrieathomer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your site is hacked, i don't see your blog

carrieathomer, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  5. CleverFoxy

CleverFoxy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you use

whoisrequest.org/history/

you will see that all their domains show a recent drop, usually when name servers were switched to something like dynadot.

I am not completely sure whether or not this drop is later going to register in WhoIs, but just for the sake of comparison, I got a "Buy Now" PR4 domain from GoDaddy and WhoIsRequest doesn't show any drops. I decided to stay away from buy-pr.com

CleverFoxy, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  6. DomainPeel

DomainPeel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree, PR just doesn't have the power that it use to carry. If you are looking to rank I would look at other more important metrics (that would give you a better idea on how strong the domain is) such as: Domain Authority (DA), Page Authority (PA) and Trust Flow along with really digging deep on the backlinks and making sure they are spam free and haven't been touched by a previous seo domainer. Getting back to PR, don't get me wrong, there are still beneficial as long as they are included with the above metrics and therefore would be more powerful, but again I wouldn't just rely on PR alone. - If you are looking for expired domains may I suggest taking a look at DomainPeel.com

DomainPeel, Jul 14, 2014 IP