1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where can I put articles for better SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Yasse e., Jun 27, 2014.

I have a site about a game app and I want to know where to promote my site?

Yasse e., Jun 27, 2014 IP
  2. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ezinearticles is the best site for article submission for SEO purpose. There is a long list of channels for website promotion like blog commenting, article submission, forum posting, promotion through social sites etc.

Kristina Roy, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  3. andreint

andreint Peon

Best Answers:
    try to reach other bloggers in your niche and offer them guest posts. Try to avoid content farms since they'll get you penalized

andreint, Jun 28, 2014 IP
  4. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any game forum, blogs, paid ads like PPC, social media and/or SEO are methods to explore.

Kanonig, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  5. stilleyes

stilleyes Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is an open question, but I'd try to be brief.

Promoting your site means getting your site before the "right" audience, emphasis on right. So promoting your website on a travel forum is as you'd imagine a huge NO! Stepping forward, you'd easily rile off a short list of resources offhand that'd make sense to be avenues by which you promote your site, and also sound accurate right off the bat. Say PPC (pay per click), forums in the gaming niche, gaming groups and pages in social networks, gaming categories of popular article directories et cetera.

Your duty then is to find these avenues and use them. Should you chose to do them manually, or hire someone (assuming you have a budget), the immediacy and effectiveness of the results would be affected, but as long as it's done right you'd eventually get results which is (or should be) your primal focus.

I'd like to offer my list, I'm not certain it's exhaustive but I think it's enough to start off on.

• Social Networks: Futuristic and totally result-oriented, there are lots of possibilities because there are so many of them out there based on different models. Facebook, Twitter, Google+ are the big guys, but relatively smaller networks like Pinterest can also offer some punch. From setting up pages/accounts for your site and getting subscribers/followers or whatever the term is, to sharing your website on groups/pages in the gaming niche, there's so much you can get from this resource. You're basically limited by how far you choose to go and how much work you choose to put into it.
    • Forums: You're here, I'm here: the short conclusion is that couple of decades since the invent of the internet, online communities (forums especially) are still effective. Still, you have to do your promotion in the right forums (which in your case would be gaming forums) and do so ethically (my kinda awkward way of saying "while following the rules"). Forum posts, links in your profile page, signatures are all different ways to achieving the same goal.
    • Article directories: Making a very descriptive and well-written article about a certain complication that plagues a large percentage of users of the gaming app on which your site is based, for submission to an article directory does not sound like a bad idea; because it isn't. A link to your website would be found at the end of the article and anyone who gets value from your article would most likely visit your website in hopes of getting more value from content available on your site. There are many article directories, and you want to have unique content on as many as possible. I recommend using only the very popular of them, Ezinearticles is one. Your limit here is how many unique quality articles you can turn up. A workaround is rewriting an article into different versions so that they appear unique and post these versions in as many article directories as there are article versions.
    • Blog commenting: Although the traffic from this source may pale in comparison to others, it's still viable. It's pretty straightforward, you leave an insightful intelligent comment with your website link, your website's traffic counter would increase in value. On the flip side, you make a crappy comment and your comment will be deleted sooner than it'd have a chance to get anyone who'd have enough time on their plate to want to check out your site.
    • Blog posting: I mentioned already about submitting articles to article directories, submitting articles to blogs in the gaming niche as a guest post would perform the same magic -- increase your traffic. Again, it has to be a quality article, or it wouldn't be accepted much less be a traffic warden to your website.
    • Paid advertising: Although there's the possibility of exchanging ads to gain traffic, paid ads bring in enough traffic to make the former method seem insignificant. This has more to do with the depth of your pocket, but don't think that's all you need. You don't want to waste your money by starting out an ill-researched campaign that doesn't bring in your money's worth of traffic. PPC are the most popular but are not the only options available.
    • SEO: Left this for last, because most of what I've enumerated already are part of SEO. This mention is to explicate that SEO is beyond what has being mentioned and to give an abridged but concrete overview of the concept. SEO is all about getting as much exposure as possible in the search engines. Many of your potential visitors are going to start their journey to your blog via a search engine. It is your duty to make sure that when the results of their search queries come up, your website is in a viable position to make them active visitors. It has two parts, one happens on your website (on-site SEO), the other occurs elsewhere in the indexed world wide web (off-page SEO). It can also go from as easy as indexing your site or adding the right tags to as complex as using tiers of micro websites to give your main website more authority. Quite a handful of it can be done by yourself, and you should in the early stages, but sooner or later you'd want to ask an expert to handle it. It'd cost you tho'.

I know I've not being fully descriptive, but there's enough information above to at least give you an idea of what you have to do. There are blogs, forums and communities dedicated to each of these methods as well as the enveloping topic of "promoting a website". I'd advice you to peruse for more information, it'd make promotion a lot more easier while yielding better results.

Just a few tips:
    • All of these methods require content, the better your content, the more successful your promotion would be.
    • No one would be more concerned about your success than yourself. So even if you have to seek anyone's services, be concerned about the choice you have to make and take as many factors as you can into consideration before picking one provider over the other.
    • Let your promotion reflect what your website is about and introduce visitors to the idea behind your website. Anything short of that and you'd have low results, high bounce rate and a host of other negative attributes you honestly do not want.

Yeah, I did say I'd make it brief, so I'm sorry for making this a long read.

~Dan

stilleyes, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  6. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson Peon

Best Answers:
    Ezinearticles is one of the popular article sites. Other than that articlebase.com, articlesnatch are also good to post

Julia Patterson, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Promoting game application is not a had one and one of the best place to introduce this site is on social networking sites like Facebook (Most widely used) and Twitter (Popular fast pace network) Create an interesting post about your website and share it with your network of friends in different platforms and build relationship with your targeted audience.

KylieSweet, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  8. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    No there is no need to put your article over any other site and directories what you can do is submit it over your blog and start promoting your blog over the social media network that's just sharing it over there social media ... is enough to get you good traffic !

John Dave, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  9. KylieSweet

Best Answers:
    :eek: No, I can submit my unique and interesting content in Ezine and it will help a lot for me
    :( I already said that its the same
    :confused: No, its not enough to produce traffic. How can you say that? Kindly explain?

KylieSweet, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  10. DeanInfotech1

DeanInfotech1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You submit fresh article in one best article site like Ezine if your article is approve you share your articel social media sites, make bookmarking and do off page for get traffic on this article .

DeanInfotech1, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  11. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I've been hearing a lot from the sources like searchengine land and........ which states that ezine is blacklisted by Google and all..... !! And one more thing I don't think now anyone looks at the article directories its just there because of the backlinks nothing else than ...... :confused:

John Dave, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  12. KylieSweet

Best Answers:
    Well you are only relying on other sources, I'm not surprised :)
    How can you say that ezine is blacklisted by Google? :eek: Can you explain it to me or you just only read it from a "source" :D
    Well, Its your opinion ;)

KylieSweet, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  13. supremeseoideas

supremeseoideas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Submissions in high PR article directories are the best way to get quality backlinks where as SEO work boosts quality traffic too.

supremeseoideas, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  14. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, what more i can say over here it all depends on the mind setup if you're not trying to understand things then nobody can help you with it and that's the problem with all of us ! In addition when it comes to SEO searchengineland is one of the best site that help you in getting yourself updated with the changing trends in the ..... and I may be wrong with the article directories but tell you what article directories are bit outdated.... Instead of commenting much more further on this I'll say i am not going to make this thread any more long ! Because in our argument OP is just forgotten !

John Dave, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  15. TDI-MAD

TDI-MAD Active Member

Best Answers:
    sooper articles is also a good site to post content but it need only fresh content.

TDI-MAD, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  16. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't agree with your FIRST sentence... Sorry, but EzineArticles is now known as a website that we should avoid... Also, content is important for SEO! ;)

patco, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  17. Alphaxiom

Alphaxiom Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ezinearticle, sooper and article base is great site for article submission

Alphaxiom, Jul 9, 2014 IP
  18. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can simply spread you content firstly onsite because from there you will have some automatic plugins that will share them to your social pages. After that you can distribute to blogs with good metrics (content, social activity, link activity, coding, design).

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  19. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why not try a different approach like vlogging instead of article writing alone? I'm sure it will be more enticing since you are on a game niche.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  20. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    You can post on Popular game forums, Ezinearticles.

Cloudcandy Host, Jul 16, 2014 IP