Feature Article Marketplace

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I thought that sold stuff would be shown faded just as it appeared in the old content section. I agree that it's pointless to keep it listed, however, it does help sellers to know what is being sold and what not i.e. which categories are hot selling and which not.

Content Maestro, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sellers know what is selling because of what they sold. I guess if they really want to do market research, they could just keep track if listings and compare them to ones that are no longer for sale.

digitalpoint, Jun 24, 2014 IP
    FreeFun4Every1 likes this.
  3. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    "
    Article Marketplace"

I love you Shawn - soon the NY TIMES will be all over this :)

God bless :)

sundaybrew, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  4. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    Can we add a separate category for 'Internet Marketing' (IM) under Business section? Rest everything will be distinguished as 'General Marketing'. So two separate categories - Internet Marketing and General Marketing.

Content Maestro, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure there's really enough variation between articles about "Marketing" and articles about "Internet Marketing" to warrant having two different marketing categories under the Business category.

digitalpoint, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  6. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    There are certain topics like SEO, Affiliate Marketing, use of Social Media/Networking, Email Marketing, Blogging etc. which are specific to Internet Marketing category. Also, the articles related to these subjects are high in demand. There are buyers too looking specifically for them.
    As distinguished to this, General Marketing would include stuff about everything one can do to market a business that excludes the use of internet.

Anyway, if it's not necessary to create a separate category for IM, that's fine.

Content Maestro, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For anyone that has sold any articles, can you go here and tell me if you are able to see the articles that you have sold? It should show all your articles, but since I haven't personally sold any, I want to double check that it works with someone that has sold something:

https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/mine?type=article

digitalpoint, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you want to know the difference between internet marketing and marketing, try AdWords' keywords tool. There's pleeenty of variation there.

In my opinion, marketing is what businesses want to do. Internet marketing, however, keeps sliding into a category of BS and crap.

MLM used to be this cool thing everyone wanted to do. Now they don't even want to be associated with the term. Same goes for internet marketing.

I think internet marketing should be renamed to residual income opportunities. Everything else should be just marketing.

qwikad.com, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not saying there is no difference, just that articles written about Internet Marketing fit just fine under "Marketing".

digitalpoint, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just ran some analytics for the article marketplace. In the 3 weeks since we rolled it out, 43% of all articles listed have been sold. There is no expiration time on articles listed for sale, so I'd say that is a pretty good start.

digitalpoint, Jul 6, 2014 IP
    sukosaki likes this.
  11. veena ali

veena ali Banned

Best Answers:
    I noticed about the changed rules in Articles section of Buy/Sell/Trade category.

The major change is to upload full articles before sale means that the articles must be fully written before sale. Right....

There are many writers who only post the tiles and word-counts but write the articles after getting order from any other DP member. They do not write before order because they are not fully assure that their articles will be sold or not. And they (I know some) are good writers. And now they can not work on DP.

Uploading articles, giving score to each articles and other things are good. But I suggest to let writers post Articles Packs (with only titles and word-counts) as previous. If any writer gets an order from any other member, the ADMIN can apply following rules:
    • Allow buyer to set time-limit (hours or days)
    • Fasten the seller to upload the articles in specific time
    • Giving score to articles.
    • If seller don't upload articles in specific time, give him negative score.
    • If buyer do not make payment, give him negative score as well
    Another thing, most buyers only searched articles packs with search tool, not go through every Selling thread. So I think creating categories are not good, there are a large number of categories to make and you (ADMIN) cannot.

veena ali, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  12. Content Maestro

Best Answers:
    I understand your concern here. But instead of making such big changes to the system that's already changed a lot, wouldn't it be better to use the Content Creation section? Instead of sellers deciding the titles and word counts beforehand, let them just make others know that their service is available and let buyers order directly what they need. And that's precisely what goes on through Content Creation.

One more point. You say writers are not fully assured that their articles will be sold. That's why they write the complete article after the sale or order is confirmed. But even if they announce/publish the titles and word counts before writing the articles, the risk of their articles not being sold still exists. Just that it's reduced a little bit.

Isn't it better to ask buyers directly what they are interested in and then write accordingly?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jul 8, 2014 IP
    Rebecca likes this.
  13. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This is an awesome idea. The new market place will take a lot of the headache out of selling and buying pre-written content, especially with the plagiarism check and immediate download. You can just write an article, upload it and Boom - it's out of your life. No hunting on your hard drive for the old article you listed a month ago or emailing back and forth. I like it! Any thoughts on whether it's better to upload one article per listing vs. a larger set per listing? How long should our listing description be for SEO? I've noticed Constant Content has about 3 sentences, is that about right or does it matter?

Rebecca, Jul 8, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you are referring to the article description, I'd say the more descriptive, the better. As far as how many articles to bundle together, I think that's really subjective... both single articles and article packs are selling about the same.

digitalpoint, Jul 8, 2014 IP
    Rebecca likes this.
  15. sukosaki

sukosaki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I see what I have sold.

I have another question though. Maybe I missed it here, but is there a rating system for the transaction? I would think that my quality content could rise above others, but without a rating system (that is not the "quality score") that would be even better.

Is that an option that I am not seeing? Otherwise, I thank you for the Marketplace, so far so good!

sukosaki, Jul 9, 2014 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes there is a feedback area where buyers can rate the sellers (the option is only available after they have purchased something). That feedback will show up on your Marketplace tab on your profile.

digitalpoint, Jul 9, 2014 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I sold some articles! :) Shawn, thanks again for the new article marketplace. I'll be adding more on a regular basis...

Rebecca, Jul 14, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and digitalpoint like this.
  18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nice... Looks like 9 of the 12 you posted already sold. Seems like a good start. :)

digitalpoint, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  19. sukosaki

sukosaki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have also had good success so far. BUT, I understand the fees for the marketplace, the Paypal fees for accepting the money, competing will be tough. HOPEFULLY, the quality will rise to the top over time :)

I guess I suffer from being paid a certain amount by my regular clients and hoping I can get the same here....regardless, I will continue posting to fill the gaps between clients.

Thanks again for the marketplace option!

sukosaki, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  20. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I sold some articles! :) Shawn, thanks again for the new article marketplace. I think I'll create and upload more within the next few days.
    I know! How exciting. It'll be fun to start selling here. :)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
    Rebecca, Jul 14, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.