1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help me to resolve, I am scammed

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by softech02, Jun 25, 2014.

Hello my DP colleagues,

Please help me out.
    I paid one guy from Indonesia for the website that he was willing to sell me. He was after me for about 2 days and negotiated several times. Finally, this after I asked him to send the invoice and I paid the invoice in few mins.

He asked for my name.com account details for transferring the domain. He kept me engaged saying that his friend is pushing domain to my name.com but I never recd. the domain. I believe he was just wasting time.

After sometime he stopped answering me and now he is not replying me at all. He is on my skype as well hangout too but I not able to send him message on skype and his hangout is showing orange.

Could anyone of you suggestion how could I resolve this issue. I can produce any kind of evidences required to sort this matter out.

Please help me out I am very tensed. This is my hard earned money and I need to get it back.

Thankyou in advance
    Sam

softech02, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  2. Vivek Nanda

Vivek Nanda Member

Best Answers:
    Did he invoice you via PayPal?
    First try to resolve this amicably - reach out to him via email (or whatever other service for which you can have a proof) - try not to use instant messaging services. Tell him that if he is not going to respond and transfer the domain, you might have to file a dispute against the purchase.
    If he still doesn't respond, file a 'item not received' dispute and mention the reason. As an evidence, also add the WHOIS registry data stating that the domain has not been transferred to your name yet.
    If the seller still doesn't respond, escalate the dispute to a claim and PayPal will look after it.

Moving forward, always have a 3rd party interface in between while changing domain ownerships. They do charge a small fee, but its worth it. I've used godaddy for things like these and they make sure that there are no discomforts to the buyer.

Hope this helps you! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Vivek Nanda, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  3. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey mate

Thanks for the reply. It is very much appreciated. Yes I asked him to raise the invoice. At first he mentioned the name wrongly saying it is done due to oversight. Later, on request he corrected it.

He told me that he is selling site on his friends behalf so when I investigated the site, I found the real owner of the site on DP itself. His username is yogadull and he canbe seen in but/sell sites section as he has quite a few active listing.

Yes I did research on personal level about him by putting his email in google and I found lots and lots of information about him so I guess I would not require to whois it.

He is active at namepros, wickedfire and many other known forums.

Yes, I talked with paypal customer care and they suggested me something.

I hope I get my hard earned money back.

Thanks for the help again.
    Sam

softech02, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  4. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So you have paid direct from his website. You may get an invoice from his website. In this case,open the paypal dispute and attach that invoice, if paypal fail than you have to contact your bank and fill the dispute form. Don't erase the any conversation b/w you and seller.

humtuma, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  5. pradeepit25

pradeepit25 Member

Best Answers:
    I THINK VIVEK IS RIGHT, you must reach him through emails and try to solve this issue and comment what happened then??

pradeepit25, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  6. Pixelsy

Pixelsy Banned

Best Answers:
    Any payment made via Paypal and when an item is not received, can be brought up for dispute and most of time payment is refunded. so don't worry.

Pixelsy, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  7. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    I hope so bro.... I filed a dispute with paypal and they asked me to wait for sometime.

softech02, Jul 10, 2014 IP
  8. Achiever

Achiever Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks.

Achiever, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dispute always take some time, just wait for the seller to submit the proof. Of the seller failt to submit the proof, then you probably can get your money back

lifeplayer, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  10. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    Its been like 2 weeks but he didnt submit anything. He is not replying at all.

softech02, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  11. lifeplayer

Best Answers:
    Yes, it takes couple of week. If he not replying, paypal probably will charge back the money and transfer to your paypal

lifeplayer, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  12. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    But that guy would have already withdrawn money to his local bank. Not sure

softech02, Jul 13, 2014 IP
  13. lifeplayer

Best Answers:
    That's not a issue, That's why some of the paypal will appear negative amount

lifeplayer, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  14. softech02

softech02 Banned

Best Answers:
    Paypal asked me to wait till 14 july after I escalated the issue with them. Now 14th july has gone and I do not know what to do.. I didn't receive any notification from paypal on what to do next. Can you guide?

sam

softech02, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  15. iubjaved

iubjaved Member

Best Answers:
    You can escalate the issue ( dispute) to a paypal claim, do that and i'm sure you will get back your money providing them with whatever they require ! Good luck

iubjaved, Jul 17, 2014 IP