1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should Blog Posts Be Done on a Daily Basis? What do you think...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Eddie Phillips, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all comes down to the author's perception and the viewer demand at the end of the day. You can have a niche blog, lets say Fashion, and still find something interesting to write every day. Moreover, if you see that you are getting more visitors and your articles have a consistent readership, this is a sure indicator that your content is interesting and your frequency of posting does not put the readers off ;)

Rado_ch, May 31, 2014 IP
  2. impishme84

impishme84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Guess a blog or two in a week is more than sufficient, try not doing it daily because it is not going to make any difference as such and would appear more like spamming.

impishme84, Jun 2, 2014 IP
  3. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    Everything depends on the type of the blog. There are blogs publishing 4-5 new posts every day.
    The main thing for having good attitude from Google is not quantity but regularity.
    Make yourself a plan. If you plan to publish 10 post during this month, it's much better to publish one post in three days than put all of them up in just a day or two.

Publishing everyday is cool, if you have enough interesting and high-quality content for that.

Karuna17, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  4. ChristopherSingleton

ChristopherSingleton Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it actually depends on your niche. Some blogs do great with a few post each week then daily. Other blogs may have to post daily if they are the type that are newsy. Quality of content needs to be the focus though because you will have more readers come back to a blog that is relevant and has the information they are looking for.

ChristopherSingleton, Jun 3, 2014 IP
  5. cbhattarai

cbhattarai Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK,

many answers you have got. Now i will give you an example. One of clients own a blog and he post 1 or 2 article a week and he get around 5k to 8k visits a month. Sometime it crosses 10-15k.

Now what's important is that the client of mine; he only post exclusive article. He take time to research on it and only after all data he have collected he do the posting.
    So what matters here is not the number of post you do. The thing that matters is what post you do. If you have the same content on what you see in other blogs, then you won't get a better result on traffic. So it's better post less, but post well.

Thank You

cbhattarai, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  6. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The longer you haven't write the more readers you will be losing. A lot of bloggers including myself try to write as many as we possibly can a day, at least five to ten a day.

It is very difficult to write several articles a day especially when it comes to searching for something that is interesting enough to write about, the more I try to write everyday the more I am fresh out of ideas on what to write about so it depends on some of the niches. I write at least a couple of articles on daily basis.

Joshie, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  7. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    I personally blog about 24 times a week in total between myself and my two writers and my husband also does some blogging himself. As long as you keep the quality high there is no problem and as long as you don't bombard your subscribers with notifications of new posts.

If you want to get traffic quickly and to be known as an authority site its important that you blog daily for at least three months and then if you don't want to blog that often 3-5 times a week would be fine.

My Weight Loss Dream, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  8. WebScavenger

WebScavenger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You do not have to post on a daily basis to keep your blog interesting, fresh and up-to-date. The best thing to do is create a regular comfortable posting schedule for yourself. This could be daily, every other day, weekly, bi-weekly, etc. It's not so much how much you can post - more importantly it's your quality of posts that really matter.

WebScavenger, Jul 6, 2014 IP
    alexanderpaul likes this.
  9. CleverFoxy

CleverFoxy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's about type of readers you are looking for. Regular people who have nothing to do with Internet and who are not very savvy about web matters will not typically follow a blog the way we usually understand it. These are also the most valuable visitors as they tend to be buyers / ad clickers. For this type of people you need SEO, keyword research and they will find you on their own. You don't have to blog until you are blue in face. You'll have 80-90 percent of new visitors every day.

Real blog readers are those who are at least somewhat savvy, they don't typically click on ads and buy less. These will follow you via RSS, but usually if you don't blog regularly they will forget you because they follow many blogs at once. For this type you need to blog at least once a week. If you want to blog less frequently you need to make sure you post something epic every time and your headlines should be really attractive so they can stand out in their RSS feed.

CleverFoxy, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  10. efforts unlimited

efforts unlimited Member

Best Answers:
    I think you can post blog once in a week .Actually it depends upon requirement.

It depends upon the topic.If topic is current and in deamnd then you should post at least twice a week.if your earlier posts are doing well then you can post once in a week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    efforts unlimited, Jul 11, 2014 IP