1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need inspiration and advice maybe

Discussion in 'Websites' started by CSM, Jul 3, 2014.

CSM, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  2. CobaltBlue87

CobaltBlue87 Member

Best Answers:
    I like the colors and layout. Plus the slider bar for your budget is very cool. What is it that you're trying to sell? The layout/template is definitely cool and I'd say effective with the pictures and displays. I would definitely keep that the same when you replace it with all of your words/pictures. :)

CobaltBlue87, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  3. CSM

CSM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks dude, I think I will not add much more pictures... will keep the layout like it is now.

What I am trying to "sell" is an optimization service for the front end of websites... 85%+ of a website is front end, means HTML/CSS/JS/Images/...

Loading speed is getting more and more important and not much people know how to make websites faster, read more on my blog http://www.cookielessdomain.com/blog/ about it.

No, using a CDN is NOT enough, compressing images is NOT enough... a more important goal is reducing http-requests (and more).

You need the knowledge of reading waterfall diagrams and so on... bla bla ;-)

Doing this kind of stuff since 2009.

First the visitors should buy a front end performance report for their website.
    No, using Google Page Speed is not enough, you also need to know what to do next ;-)

CSM, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  4. CSM

CSM Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did some changes to the header and stuff... just to let you know :p

CSM, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  5. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im not too keen on the black sections, it hurts my eyes. Just my personal preference. Also I personally would have my headlines standing out more. I know you dont have your content up yet so you may already be planning changes, when I land on a sales page I like to know exactly what its going to solve as soon as I see the page, preferably top headline. You know what I mean?

I like the things you are using in the black sections though, looks interesting!

Thomas Owen, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  6. CSM

CSM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Thomas,

yes I know what you mean regarding the headline. As you already said the content is not done and ofcourse an explanation of what the site is about will be added at the top :)

I might also add some more statistics and graphics.

Thanks for taking your time to take a look.

CSM, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  7. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Michael,

I must say that you had given a wonderful try to it.
    I don't want to comment too much on content, but I like the color combination and specially the last portion (WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING).

Additionally you can think on changing the font of the article, because I feel it doesn't look appropriate. Though it is my personal view.

janinaherz, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  8. CSM

CSM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for wasting your time :)

Yeah, I already thought about changing the font but first I want to add the content and try different fonts.

Michael

CSM, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  9. Upaul

Upaul Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Michael! If your stuck on ideas for headlines, I found a great eBook on how to write great headlines on www.alomay.com. Have a look and let me know your thoughts

Upaul, Nov 7, 2014 IP