1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many articles, bookmarking and directory submission per day?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by singhdevraaj, Feb 13, 2014.

Hi friends,

I have 150 pages travel website and I am confused about article submission.
    Here are my some questions:

1- how many article submit per day?
    2- more article submission is punishable?
    3- can I submit one article in several article submission sites?
    4- Does Article Marketing Still Work? If yes, so then which are the best article submission sites currently out there?
    5- how many bookmarking and directory submission per day?

Thanks

singhdevraaj, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  2. NadaBolt

NadaBolt Active Member

Best Answers:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/matt-cutts-says-not-to-use-article-directories-for-links.2705067/hi singhdevraaj,
    I'm not bumping u down over here but you're actually asking "the wrong question".

Article submission/marketing is not really about "numbers of articles" at all. If the only number really helps, we have been running a big article marketing business by writing numbers of article and submitting them into even more numbers of article directories. What matters (to a certain extent) is quality of an article and how interesting/useful the topic is.

If you are thinking of article submission/marketing as 'a form of SEO', you've already gone far astray. The other way which explains about all those questions, here is something to be read/watch https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/matt-cutts-says-not-to-use-article-directories-for-links.2705067/.

Still if you are worried about numbers (rather than effectiveness) you can do as many submission as you like. This is the Internet. ;);):)

NadaBolt, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  3. tycho

tycho Member

Best Answers:
    My advice is NONE.
    Google is targeting those methods big time, just check out matt cutts latest video discussing link building.

tycho, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  4. jenny ty

jenny ty Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say not to use such promotional tactics (Directory Submission, Article Submission, Bookmarking) now.

Work on the Onpage factors
    Improve user experience
    Use quality Content
    Post content that engage users.

jenny ty, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  5. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Probably zero is the best number.

Jim4767, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  6. ketqua.org

ketqua.org Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if your own article, i think you can submit more and more per day. It's no problem.

ketqua.org, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  7. Collin Davis

Collin Davis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    More than quantity, its the quality of those links that matter. There is no magic formula... excess submissions in poor quality directories and article sites may even cause penalties due to bad neighbourhood also known as Penguin penalty.

Collin Davis, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  8. Times Lau

Times Lau Active Member

Best Answers:
    just do it in a regular way and never cheat

Times Lau, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  9. Mahe

Mahe Member

Best Answers:
    Article submissions will not hurt you. Worst case the links won't be taken into account by the big G.
    The thing to bear in mind when link building is diversity. If you have different types of links coming to your website and your social going on you should be fine.
    Another important factor - build links slowly.

----------------
    Here is WHY...
    ---------------

If you post 100 links a day (you can by the way) for 2 weeks and then you stop, the drop in your links profile will be significant.

On the other hand if you post 1-2 links every 2-4 days and then stop for a while, your rankings should not suffer that much.

Of course I'm talking about quality high PR links here from a PBN where each link actually affects your ranking.

Mahe, Feb 18, 2014 IP
    Sami Flip likes this.
  10. kapildeven54

kapildeven54 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think 10 everyday. Because I also do same.

kapildeven54, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  11. jatinbatra

jatinbatra Member

Best Answers:
    I think you Post the content the web2.o and Relevant site the but content should be high quality and user friendly and other you shoul do the bookmarks may be in this time i.e is the best method and social sharing

jatinbatra, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  12. convert

convert Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is no right way, for me I stopped using this form of seo a long time ago.

convert, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  13. No1 BrandMaker

No1 BrandMaker Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to answer your every question.

1- how many article submit per day?

Answer:
    There is no such rule that these number of links should be bookmark a day, But yes, I suggest 10 is well enough a day. But you have to be so careful that submission must not look like a blackhat.

2- more article submission is punishable?

Answer: They must not look like a spam that's it!

3- can I submit one article in several article submission sites?

Answer: Strictly No! Please never do this!

4- Does Article Marketing Still Work? If yes, so then which are the best article submission sites currently out there?

Answer: Yes it work, There are many like ezinearticles,ezinemark,articlebase ETC...

5- how many bookmarking and directory submission per day?

Answer: As of in the first answer - About 10 links as you have 150 links.

Thanks

No1 BrandMaker, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  14. seorashmi

seorashmi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    submitting all the submissions in the correct category doesnt do any harm to ur site whatever be the number of submissions.

seorashmi, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  15. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sharing the opinion of @convert - article directories helped a bit in the past, but not now; link directories are long forgotten nowadays - will do more damage than help!
    What might be helpful is to post those new(unique) articles on your home page regularly and then archive the older ones somewhere (if it is not a blog platform).

In regard of SM I cannot really help, after some 10 years of doing and living from SEO/SEM, I have never got involved into this shit, but I am planning to ...from 3 years lol. I don have facebook pages for any of my sites (also within the travel niche). I just have addthis all around. Still I am about to make some stupid FB and Twitter pages sometime in the near future when I am not too lazy, but well-enough drunk...

Finally, what I can really advise you is to buy links! Many might cry out around here, but this is what always works! Of course very related and carefully chosen links, from very distant resources (like unique IPs at least). Unfortunately, now the link sales market here at DP is almost dead, but and before it was full of link dealers selling mostly miserable & links from dropped domains...
    If you can afford it, get a link or two per week of high quality. I do not mean high PR, but well established site which is very related to yours. These days the best way to do it is to find such site and contact them directly, then talk about the pricing and other options. Also a good idea is to mix some of these links with some that have nofollow tag!

In conclusion, don't give a fuck what matt cutts or google, or anyone says is right or wrong! As they said it - it's their SE and they will do whatever they want with it (manipulate their results to earn more from ads); same is valid for us - it's our sites, we do whatever we want and we will always manipulate their results too :)

p.s. haha, this last sounded like a happy ending :D

abraxas, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  16. Sachin Karpe

Sachin Karpe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can I post my original content on at least two article submission sites and then spin my original content and use on another two. This way if I spin my content several times (not more than 3 times) and post in article sites will this be a spamming? Or will this give me a good result?

Sachin Karpe, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  17. abraxas

abraxas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will work somehow, but still as I said above article directories are not a good source for links currently... Maybe 3-4 years ago.

abraxas, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  18. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. no limit
    2. no
    3. Every article post must be unique in each reputable submission sites like Ezine
    4. Like I said Ezine, Goarticles etc.
    5. no limit

KylieSweet, Jul 3, 2014 IP