1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best Social Media Sites for Online Business

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by yagnik, Jul 1, 2014.

?

Are you agree with this content?

1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
    Nowadays, almost internet users are connected with many social networking sites. There are a number of social media sites, what are the differences between these platforms and why would business want to use each specific one? Depending on your online business some might work better than others.
    Here are top 7 social sites listed, which are the best social media sites for your business.

1) FACEBOOK: (1.3 BILLION ACTIVE USERS)
    [​IMG]
    It’s indubitable thing. The one and only competitor of Google on WWW is
    Facebook, a largest social network and had successfully carved out a market for keeping in touch with people you already know. Family, high school friends and former co-workers are usually included in a person’s ‘friends list’ on Facebook. Also Facebook is a site where internet users spend their highest time instead of any other sites. So this one is the best for manage your online business and earn a lot from lots of public.

2) GOOGLE+: (360 MILLION ACTIVE USERS)

[​IMG]
    Google+ : The second largest social network and backed by the “#1 name in search”. Google Plus although regularly compared to Facebook, is nothing like it. This platform is great for connecting with people based on interests and topics outside of friends or family. If you are in a business this is mostly likely your target market – i.e. New customers, strangers or people you do not know already.

3) TWITTER: (255 MILLION ACTIVE USERS)

[​IMG]
    Twitter allows you to network and connect with celebrities, brands and topics. Some of your “real life friends” might be here, but probably not too many. Many “celebrities” are also the one “tweeting” from their twitter account, so with some effort you can appear on a persons radar that you are trying to get the attention of. There are many automated programs that allow twitter to easily follow, Re-tweet and mention others.

4) LINKED IN: (187 MILLION ACTIVE USERS)
    [​IMG]
    Linkedin is your online resume. It lists your previous work history, skills that you have talent in and can also include recommendations from previous people you have worked with. Make sure you keep this up to date and accurate of your current business dealings. Many people who do business with you will often Google you and look for your Linked in profile.

5) INSTAGRAM: (150 MILLION ACTIVE USERS)
    [​IMG]
    Instagram is a picture sharing social platform. It eliminates the clutter of other social networks listed and highlights your products and services in a very visual way. Even if you don’t sell a product, sharing things like company culture, accomplishments your employees are achieving such as charity work, parties, travel.

6)PINTEREST – (25.6 MILLION ACTIVE USERS)
    Pinterst is another visual social sharing platform. You “Pin” images to your own personal virtual corkboard, broken up into any category you can imagine. People then are able to pin your pins onto their own boards. And will they ever. Pins are clickable back to the website that they were originally pinned from and this can mean traffic for your site. Pinterest offers a high shopping component, allowing you to include the price of items as part of the pin.

7) FOURSQUARE: (25 MILLION ACTIVE USERS)
    Foursquare
    is a location ‘check-in’ service that allows your customers to let the world know that they are at your place of business and share it with all their friends on social networks. Foursquare is all about local. If you have a physical store location, and you are not maintaining a foursquare presence take note! Clients who live or work near your business can make up the majority of your customer base.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
    yagnik, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  2. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely disagreed with your list of social media, because Google doesn't have much of benefits therefore it should not even be in the #2 position especially before Twitter that happens to give so much benefits then Google ever will give.

#1 Facebook.
    #2 Twitter.
    #3 Pinterest.
    #4 Instagram.
    #5 Foursquare. (I am editor at Foursquare)
    #6 Google+.
    #7 Linkedin.

Google+ is full of nofollow, anything you post on Google+ you don't get anything in return including backlink. Sorry to burst your bubbles, doesn't matter how many users Google+ has you never will get anything out of Google except MAYBE very a little of traffic only if anyone is in your circle to read your posts on Google+.

Joshie, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  3. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really appreciate your kindness to upgrade my knowledge.
    Thanks a lot. I just thought that online business almost depends on number of users connected with you. But you help me to get aware about Google+. Thanks again.

yagnik, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  4. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson Peon

Best Answers:
    I completely agree with you. Google+ does not draw much traffic. But if you select the "public" option along with the "circle" then whoever visits your profile can view your posts.

Julia Patterson, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  5. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also find Google+ doesn't bring in the same amount of traffic as other social media. Twitter brings in much more and should come before Google+.

danasurvey, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  6. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed! Twitter is the among the BEST social site to draw large traffic.

Julia Patterson, Jul 2, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. Kendra222

Kendra222 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Facebook and twitter to promote my business online and these sites give me more traffic.

Kendra222, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  8. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is great if you have a product or provide a physical service (eg. hair salon, restaurant) Twitter is better for services like marketing or journalism.

Jake Rigdon, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  9. Julia Patterson

Julia Patterson Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you think above newsletters? does it prove to be an effective marketing strategy to draw traffic...

Julia Patterson, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  10. hiuufji

hiuufji Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for seo google + is best and then facebook.

hiuufji, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  11. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In SEO point of view, G+ is the best if you wish to accumulate traffic from the "Big G". Twitter however is the best source of organic and related traffic if that's your sole concern.

Vitarank, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  12. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seems not many like G+? I actually get the most traffic from G+, closely followed by twitter.

Also as the thread is titled best social media for online business, and I honestly think that G+ is the most suited for online businesses. I love the Youtube integration, being able to do hangouts, segmenting with circles and the +1 button brings far more attention than a FB like!

This is my personal opinion

Thomas Owen, Jul 4, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  13. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I would say that it is impossible to say which one is the best. It depends on the business niche, business model, how you get the followers or likes. It is not something straightforward thing to say. Something that will work well for entertainment niche, for sure wont work the same way for manufacturing or industrial services.

kalseo, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  14. Jake Rigdon

Jake Rigdon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You may want to check this out: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/30/business/media/for-email-a-death-greatly-exaggerated.html?_r=0

Jake Rigdon, Jul 6, 2014 IP
  15. Etoot

Etoot Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Twitter are both best for B2B services & B2C services.
    LinkedIn is best only for B2B services.
    Google + is rather new and emerging social network which is best for if your first priority is SEO. If your are regualry liking, posting, sharing stuff on Google + both your personal profile and business page will starting ranking and showing up in Google SERPs.

regards,
    etoot.com

Etoot, Jul 8, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  16. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply.
    I'm agree with your idea. It's depend on area of business. But note one thing that business growth always depend on Traffic, and that's why this list sorted by it's number of active users. So I accept that this list might be not correct for your X area business. But according to traffic, this is good to refer.

yagnik, Jul 8, 2014 IP
  17. Sam42

Sam42 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Actually Google+ works well for me, but it really depends on the product. Personally, I’d put Twitter before G+. It is not as popular as Facebook or Twitter yet.

Sam42, Jul 8, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  18. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what type of business you have.

Facebook for me is for any businesses.
    Foursquare for me is best for restaurants.
    Instagram and Pinterest for me is best for products like shoes, clothes etc.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jul 10, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  19. coloAZ

coloAZ Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with what Julia has said regarding Google+, however remember that Social Marketing is about building relationships so even though it might not bring in traffic as much as the other sites, if you find that your customers are keeping up to date through Google+ or that you are still reach some that are not following you on other sites then it is still building awareness to your product or site and that in effect will help build relationships between your company and your audience. It may not be the top on the list but it can still be useful in someway.

coloAZ, Jul 10, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  20. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    You might consider using onlywiredotcom. ( not an affiliate link). One post goes out to as many as 50 social sites that you are signed up with. Works great. Signing up with all of them in the beginning is slow but once your done, your done. Good Luck.

cborrx, Jul 26, 2014 IP