1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Makeup Website with 3000/Unique and around $20/Revenue Per Month

Discussion in 'Sites' started by FPForum, Jul 1, 2014.

MakeupRack was started to give visitors a variety of different makeup and beauty related tips, reviews, and articles. This website runs on Wordpress and was started just about one year ago. Since then it's steadily grown into a solid website that needs a new home!

Description
    MakeupRack.com is registered through GoDaddy and as I said above, it currently runs on Wordpress. The site currently contains 92 completely unique posts which were written by myself and my partner. It contains a variety of different makeup and beauty related articles which cover everything from makeup reviews, coupons, beauty tips, and more. This is a great buy for anyone out there wanting something stable and low maintenance!

What the New Owner Gets
    The new owner will get everything needed to continue running the site exactly how it's going now. That includes..
    -The domain with all website content
    -All associated social media accounts included Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, as well as the Google+ and Facebook page
    -Plus, the BONUS listed below

Here is a count on some of the social media accounts:
    Facebook: 227 Likes
    Pinterest: 544 Followers
    Twitter: 60 Followers

How to Continue Running
    This website is fairly established and gets steady traffic without much promoting required. To keep things running the way they are now the new owner should continue adding more content. Along with that, it wouldn't hurt to continue promoting the website via social media accounts which are included with the sale. I always recommend trying to make the habit of writing a new post - Then tweeting, pinning, and posting that article on each of the social media accounts.

Transferring the Website
    As long as your hosting uses cPanel, I have no problem transferring the website over for the new owner. If the new owner can provide me with cPanel details then I will transfer over the files along with the database and everything else.

Traffic
    MakeupRack receives traffic from just about every method possible including search engine, social media, direct, and referral. Since launching the website I've developed social media accounts around it, as well as done some link building in the recent past. You can view Analytics screenshots on the right hand side and if you would like to see more in-depth stats send me your Google email and I can add you to the analytics.

Analytics Screenshot 1 | Analytics Screenshot 2 | Analytics Screenshot 3 | Analytics Screenshot 4 | Analytics Screenshot 5 | Analytics Screenshot 6 | Analytics Screenshot 7

Here is a monthly unique overview..
    June: 3,177
    May: 2,635
    April: 2,624
    March: 3,667
    February: 1,230
    January: 1,219

Revenue
    When originally starting this website I only monetized for Adsense. Back in April I started implementing some Commission Junction ads around the site as well which has brought in some extra revenue.

Adsense Screenshot | Commission Junction Screenshot

June
    Adsense: $12.32
    Commission Junction: $9.58

May
    Adsense: $7.46
    Commission Junction: $0

April
    Adsense: $6.67
    Commission Junction: $4.68

March
    Adsense: $10.68

February
    Adsense: $5.21

Bonus
    As a bonus I'm including a second Facebook page with this sale. Although this page is not related to makeup/beauty, it does currently have 17k likes which are all real and mostly from the USA.

Price
    BIN is set at $300

FPForum, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  2. ChR0n1k

ChR0n1k Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    I can offer $80 for this site. That's 10x monthly avg. adsense revenue.

PM me if you want to make a deal.

ChR0n1k, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  3. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Out of the four offers I've received so far, this is by far the lowest..lol. Price isn't based of 10x it's avg. monthly revenue. I've already turned down a $200 offer - it's fixed at $300 everyone!

FPForum, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  4. ChR0n1k

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    I don't believe you. Maybe you could enlighten me on how a site with stats like this is worth $300.. or what you base your prices on.

ChR0n1k, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  5. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    lol.. I don't need to enlighten you on anything. Your valuation techniques are pretty poor though. You need to be looking for people wanting to make quick sales and that's about it.

FPForum, Jul 2, 2014 IP
    venturefox likes this.
  6. ChR0n1k

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 5
    Give your head a shake. I never once mentioned my valuation techniques so other than my offer you are clueless to what they could be. You are asking nearly 40x monthly revenue for a niche site.............. hasn't even been earning for a year yet..

Keep laughing at your prospects and being a dick, I'm sure you will flip lots more sites this way. I honestly just got dumber because of this thread.

ChR0n1k, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  7. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 15
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Your offer was not only insulting, it demonstrates your poor valuation techniques. I've bought and sold quite a few websites in my day, and none were ever based on averaging out the revenue over the entire age of the website - that's just ludicrous and basically trying to get a cheap deal based on revenue from months ago - nice try.

40x monthly revenue? I think you need to check your math bud. 12.32 + 9.58 = 21.9 last month alone. 10x that would be $219, obviously with the traffic, content, social media accounts, and everything included - $300 is MORE than fair. Even if you look at 2 months before that, we're still not talking 40x it's monthly revenue. Dang man, how much chronic have you smoked today? lol..

If you think you're going to be counting revenue made 4+ months ago into what you're going to pay today, then keep smoking man...you're CRAZY!

FPForum, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  8. Andrew Malay

Andrew Malay Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 4
    Hi, please check pm. Thanks.

Andrew Malay, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  9. S15

S15 Greenhorn