1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

question about watermarking graphics

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by journeyoftheanimals, Jan 6, 2011.

Hello there. I am working on developing a new humor based website and I need some advice on watermarking images. The backbone of this site is going to be its supply of funny / odd pictures with the addition of news of the weird, funny videos and jokes. I think I am going to have nearly or over 40,000 images. I only plan on posting about 10,000 to start the site though so I have a stock of images to upload over time to keep the site fresh. But I would like to watermark every image. I would like to do something like the following picture. (note, this is not my image or my site and I do not plan on using the image)

[​IMG]

Notice how the mark is completely off the image itself but still very visible? Is there a computer program out there or something that will put an image like this at the bottom of all of my images for me? I currently have over 50,000 images I am in the progress of sorting and weeding. If I have to manually add this type of watermark onto every image by hand using something like photoshop it is going to take me months.

If it matters at all I will most likely be using wordpress to run the site.

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me on this matter.

journeyoftheanimals, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  2. journeyoftheanimals

journeyoftheanimals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody has any advice on this matter? I figured there had to be something out there that would do this for me.

journeyoftheanimals, Jan 7, 2011 IP
  3. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Photoshop + action + automate>batch.
    Create an action (add 20 pixels to the height, align original image to top, paste watermark aligned to bottom, etc), then run it as a batch (Automate>Batch) on your directory of images.
    Then go out for lunch while your computer overheats :D

Kerosene, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  4. goldenpearl

goldenpearl Active Member

Best Answers:
    AOA
    I don't understand your quotation?plz tell me detail.

goldenpearl, Jan 9, 2011 IP
  5. Anna Parker

Anna Parker Guest

Best Answers:
    I would suggest Arclab Watermark Studio. It has worked well for me and can batch process multiple images.

Anna Parker, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  6. sharperme33

sharperme33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hey friend, if u use any software for your web images for put the watermark on.its take much time and headache.i will suggest that if you want to take this in easy ways;i have prepare a script that will put watermark on your images automatically without using any third-party software without any time consumption.this script automatically put the watermark on the fly rather than u have too large amount of image collection...its take only one a few second to put the script file and your watermark image in your site and done!...if u r interested to taste this script just pm me and script in your hands,,,,

sharperme33, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  7. journeyoftheanimals

Best Answers:
    Wow, thank you everyone for the replies, it is greatly appreciated. I will go over each reply and decide what I think will work best for me. But a the moment I am thinking about the photoshop +20 pix batch idea. I do not mind it taking a long time, I am not in a huge rush to get this site live.

journeyoftheanimals, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  8. seafrontsteve

seafrontsteve Peon

Best Answers:
    My free image resizer allows you to add text as watermarks and resize images instantly.
    You can do batches of hundreds or thousands in seconds - why not try it out?
    Working on different versions to allow you to automatically create 'transparent' images to add one on top of another, create batches of image ads sized for Adwords, and merge multiple images to create collages for headers and banners.
    Would be interested to learn any special requirements / problems people have and would like solutions for?
    Even better if you can suggest anything you would actually pay something for!

seafrontsteve, Jan 10, 2011 IP
  9. ACME Squares

ACME Squares Peon

Best Answers:
    ImageMagick can do watermarks, and any other transformations that you need to handle your collection.

ACME Squares, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  10. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop -action -run on folder

averyz, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  11. sharperme33

sharperme33 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    but my script can do all this very rapidly without do anything.pm me if u want...

sharperme33, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  12. journeyoftheanimals

Best Answers:
    OK sharperme33. I will keep you in mind. I am still working on sorting and editing images for the site. I have gone through over 4,100 today alone but am not nearly done.

journeyoftheanimals, Jan 11, 2011 IP
  13. meadhead

meadhead Peon

Best Answers:
    For the pictures its easy using photoshop, as for the vids i have no idea.

meadhead, Jan 13, 2011 IP
  14. Shoe ButtBack

Shoe ButtBack Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try https://www.watermark.ws. Online tool that allows you to custom create, manage and apply watermarks to photos in batch mode.

Shoe ButtBack, Jun 29, 2014 IP