1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get content

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by makeinfofopeople, Jun 24, 2014.

Where should a new blogger get content? If I'm supposed to just get content from other websites how would I give them credit or do I even have to?

makeinfofopeople, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  2. iceman35

iceman35 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of websites that you can hire people to write articles. www.hirewriters.com is one site

Or you can write them yourself

iceman35, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  3. Numenorean7

Numenorean7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you aren't able to get content, you should create your own.

Content is king and quality is important. If you are able to generate your own quality and unique content, you should. Why would you want a blog if you don't wanna write articles yourself? That's my 2ยข.

Numenorean7, Jun 26, 2014 IP
    Joseph_F likes this.
  4. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You write it.... by hand.... yourself.

Helge Sverre, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  5. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was about to recommend this site as well, I don't believe you will find better quality articles at a cheaper price to be honest. If you want free content then I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting anything of good quality unless you accept guest posts and even then the good quality writers will be put off from writing for a PR0 site. If you do accept guest posts then make sure the links they include in it are relevant.

Dean_Saliba, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  6. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, nothing beats your own written material. While I'm happy to look at guest posting, nothing will take the place of my own personal writing of posts.

I like to help people get started with Wordpress and making money online in general... I can't really outsource that - because no-one else has my knowledge and experience. If I outsource an article, I'll end up spending nearly as much time editing it to meet my standards as if I'd just written it myself.

If you create a blog without any desire to express yourself and help others, then you've just wasted your time.

Now I know that some will point to various auto-blog plugins, and compiling content in other such ways - I just defy someone to point to an Authority blog in a given niche that relies on such methods. I want to read real content, with unique and useful ideas that I can use.

If your blog doesn't give that to me, I'm clicking away... if your blog does give me what I'm looking for, I might even bookmark and return again.

Now - how do you write content?

Easy... first go to the article directories such as Ezine Articles, and do a search for your topic... read and get some ideas... then jump over to Yahoo Answers and do the same thing. Settle on a SINGLE QUESTION that you want your upcoming post to answer. The question becomes your title... any sub-sections dealing with the question become <h2> or <h3> tagged... and then just fill in the answer from your own knowledge and from re-stating what you've read in other articles on the same subject.

Compile a list of bloggers in your same niche, and go back through their old articles - anything catch your eye that they have on their site that you've not addressed on your site? There's another good idea for content.

And, the perennial content idea... the 'list'.
    • 25 Best Wordpress Plugins
    • 5 Ways To Lose 5 Pounds This Weekend
    • Google's 200 Ranking Factors
    • 101 Ways To Increase Link Popularity
    And so on... Just pick a topic, pick a number... and start writing!

Content creation is so easy that I have far more ideas of what to write about than I have time to write it - so I'm concerned when I see people who don't know what to write about.

Find a question... then answer it.

Khadaji, Jun 28, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro likes this.
  7. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    Blogs only do well when the websites have lots of unique quality content. You need to be blogging daily with high quality content that is not available somewhere else to get results.

If you cant write very well yourself hire a high quality writer to do your blogging for you. On my blog for example I get out about 25 pieces of content a week and about 9 of them is mine and the others are from my two writers.

Just look at what all the big blogs have in common......high quality content that people want to read and share.

My Weight Loss Dream, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  8. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I'll disagree with this.

It's simply not possible to have high quality content, and do it daily. Really superb posts that draw in tons of traffic can take HOURS to write... my better posts are often written over a period of days...

I do agree that frequent posting is worthwhile - but once or twice a week is more than adequate - and the higher quality of posts you'll get by not trying to force a post each and every day will pay off in the long run. I can point to any number of successful blogs that update as infrequently as a few times a month.

Khadaji, Jul 2, 2014 IP
    Content Maestro and Joseph_F like this.
  9. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, you are not "supposed to just get content from other websites" - that is theft.

If, and only if, a site says you can use their content on your own site, you must follow their policies - that often means including back links and/or a author bio.

If you are starting a new blog and can't write your own content, I would question why you are starting the blog in the first place.

YMC, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  10. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should be using search engines and social media to find topics that inspire you. For example, conduct a Google News search for the latest developments or checking the Trending Topics on Twitter.

Keith Nimble, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  11. Tikoutikou

Tikoutikou Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can use articles from article directories such as ezinearticles.com but you will need to link to them.

Tikoutikou, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  12. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't recommend going that route. Better to write your own content or hire someone else to write for your site directly.

Keith Nimble, Jul 7, 2014 IP
  13. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't have inspiration and you are not A writer simply get a VA to have it done. Content creation is very important now especially when everyone is focusing on it. So, don't write unless you are not sure on the quality.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  14. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you go to Google and type in your search. There should be a lot of information on Google unless it is a very rare niche. Once you found something related to what you need, re-phase it using your own words.

You can also find 2-3 article on web. And combine the main points, write the article in your own words.

Melisa455, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  15. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ezinearticles.com is a good place to go find what you want. Because it is a popular article directory and many writers submit their work there. But don't copy. Need to re-phase using your own words.

Melisa455, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  16. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No. No. No.

Write your own stuff. Re-phrasing is stealing. Terrible Advice.

Actually, with ezinearticles, you do copy. That's the whole point. Read the Terms of Service before you give bad advice. - http://ezinearticles.com/terms-of-service.html - "Respect the copyrights of the authors by publishing the entire article as it is with no changes."

YMC, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  17. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe after the recently updated Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird algos, Google can easily spot content that's rephrased and rejects it as redundant. Right?

Content Maestro, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  18. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had a pet-related article stolen from another site, posted on Yahoo! Answers which in turn was reposted via syndication on a major pet food company's site. Before I filed the DMCA, the pet food company's page was listed 1st, despite being a copy of a copy.

5-year-old content of mine was copied to Wikimedia last year. Someone on Etsy used it too. I ranked third for it. On others, I was relegated to the "similar results omitted" link.

I've come not to believe much of anything Google says about how it treats stolen and copied content anymore.

If it can't figure out the right thing to do with exact copies of content, I doubt they will be figuring out rephrased any time soon.

YMC, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  19. Content Maestro

Content Maestro Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So your content, in spite of being original, was marked as similar by Google and the exact copies were listed at top in their search? Something unbelievable indeed!
    I wonder why some people shout at the other end 'Duplicate content will be banned', 'Google isn't accepting copies now' and stuff!
    Do these Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird updates have no effect on redundance? If so, spun and stolen content will continue to thrive.:(

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    Content Maestro, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  20. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It seemed, years ago, the algorithms were actually better in handling stolen content. First posted generally meant first indexed. Some thieves would race to put stolen content from little/new/weaker sites on ones that were getting indexed quicker. Often the thief could get indexed first and fool G into thinking they were the original. But, for the most part, the original source was listed first in the SERPs.

I'm seeing more powerful sites get the nod as the original now. I'm also seeing 'fresher' content with less meat outranking high quality pieces that simply have not been updated in a while.

Google has to answer the question of which is more important to them - indexing the entire web or only indexing the original sources. It would stop a lot of the garbage if the algorithms simply didn't index duplicate content at all or at least went back to the first written, first ranked approach. I just don't see them ever doing that.

The bright spot is that one can generally beat most of the thieves in the long run. They're lazy. They're cheap. That makes them vulnerable to DMCA complaints. That also means they often find their get rich plan or ebook only makes the snake oil salesman of an author money. They usually give up and their sites either go offline, sink into oblivion or eventually get deleted by their web host.

YMC, Jul 17, 2014 IP