1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dedicated Server or VPS Server?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by memithun, Jun 18, 2014.

Which one is good and secured? Dedicated Server or VPS Server?

memithun, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  2. Neptune

Neptune Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It actually will depend on you. A VPS is set up by the host and you manage it as a smaller lightweight version of a dedicated server. Hardening, or securing of the VPS or Dedicated server is your responsibility unless you get such a service managed. What are you looking to do with it?

Neptune, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  3. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They are as secure as you make them, unless you get a managed service. It just depends on your needs. A dedicated server is likely to be more powerful (though not always), and certainly more expensive. Just depends on what you plan on using it for.

WSWD, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  4. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Spot on :)

This all depends entirely on your budget/needs, so none of us here will really be able to tell whats best without more details! If this is a new project, I would say start with a VPS and as it grows, upgrade the VPS and/or eventually switch to dedicated when you see the need for it.

ironcladservers, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  5. Drumrocker365

Drumrocker365 Member

Best Answers:
    As others have said, I think you would want to start small on a VPS, then upgrade as time goes on.

Drumrocker365, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  6. Cloudcandy Host

Cloudcandy Host Member

Best Answers:
    This depends on your requirements. Both VPS and Dedicated Servers need hardening, security, optimizations and all, unless you have got a Managed VPS or a Dedicated Server.
    If you are unsure, you can just go with a VPS and if and when your needs grow you can migrate to a Dedicated Server.

Cloudcandy Host, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  7. Inkfeeds

Inkfeeds Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't know now, then I recommend you go with a VPS for the moment. You'll get an idea of how to use a dedicated machine without paying out the extra $ and in the end, a Dedicated is really needed when you feel the need. Otherwise, a VPS is just fine.

Inkfeeds, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  8. RoyceWhitaker

RoyceWhitaker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks, i was wondering this myself ;)

RoyceWhitaker, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  9. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you wish to host on the server? Let us know, we would then be able to recommend a suitable option.

MilesWeb, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  10. TheFall

TheFall Banned

Best Answers:
    In terms of security with good server managing skills dedicated server will definitely be best choice

TheFall, Jul 2, 2014 IP
  11. memithun

memithun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    you have to prove it, prove it here. did you take my service? prove it that you contacted with me about my service.

memithun, Jul 17, 2014 IP
  12. Sammi Rose

Sammi Rose Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Going with dedicated server or vps server is great question. It depends on the purpose of server buying. You want to host websites, web apps, dasabases or make it a backup server or gaming server. Dedicated Server is used to host high traffic websites and huge data and it is costly so you need to make sure it is worthy, while VPS Server is meant for average traffic generating websites and many more usage. First decide what is your requirements, decide budget and then consult web hosting companies. SoftsysHosting is my recommendation.

Sammi Rose, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  13. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A virtual private server is a step up from and far more secure than shared hosting because it provides a complete server environment to each client. However, with a dedicated server, you’ve got full control over your hardware (and potentially a bit more processing power, as a result). By far the most compelling argument in favor of a dedicated server is the level of control you’ll have over your installation. And unlike shared hosting and VPS hosting – you’re not sharing your server resources with anyone. This pair of articles looks at the reasons you'd want to go with a VPS or a dedicated server - http://www.futurehosting.com/blog/why-your-organization-needs-a-dedicated-server/ & http://www.futurehosting.com/blog/five-reasons-your-organization-needs-a-vps/ Hope this helps clear things up for you.

SlimCharles47, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  14. OffshoreGB

OffshoreGB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's depend on your need. If your website is big and eat too much resources then I recomend to use Dedicated server.
    Otherwise VPS is good for a medium website. But as I said If you have lots of traffic then you should go with a Dedicated Server.

OffshoreGB, Aug 1, 2014 IP