1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Social Media A Great Way To Get Backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Beck800, Jun 12, 2014.

I was wondering if a reblog from tumblr or a repin from Pinterest counts as a quality backlink from a high authority website??? Are they good ways to get backlinks??????

Beck800, Jun 12, 2014 IP
  2. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Beck,

You're referring to social bookmarks sites (Pinterest, Stumbleupon, Digg, Tumblr, etc). If you get something re-shared they yes, it indeed counts as a backlink. But it doesn't hold much value at all in terms of SEO value and ranking potential. In the current state, Google looks at social as a way to determine a site's legitimacy. For example, if a website is receiving 2 high authority backlinks per week, then it naturally should also be getting some exposure in the social realm. But to repeat, bookmarks and pins won't get you ranked by themselves.

A couple things they are good for:
    1. Diversifying anchor text - Send some non-critical, topic-related anchors using these platforms.
    2. Getting natural/organic backlinks - With any luck, if you get enough social traction, someone on a real blog/website/etc will notice your site and potential link to you naturally.
    Hope this helps,
    Diggity

DiggitySEO, Jun 12, 2014 IP
    supernal and madhav like this.
  3. abdullah99

abdullah99 Member

Best Answers:
    They are good but not enough

abdullah99, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  4. Hungryforsuccess

Hungryforsuccess Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would paying for 5-10 back links per year site wide and also using fb groups/ twitter / instergram be enough ??

Hungryforsuccess, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  5. quadxnet

quadxnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Social media is generally used as a means to drive traffic and then any backlinks you get on top of that is just bonus. You can certainly get backlinks though, if you approach it the right way. Here's a free eBook that goes over getting backlinks from social directories:

Covert Backlinks eBook

quadxnet, Jun 18, 2014 IP
    supernal likes this.
  6. MistaOptimiza

MistaOptimiza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In addition to potentially driving traffic to your site, it's also a great way to verify your current backlinks.

MistaOptimiza, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  7. MayurKawale

MayurKawale Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think most of social media have nofollow links. I think we cant say these links are quality links and backlinks.

MayurKawale, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  8. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Social media can help you to get back links and visitors. But you have to perform other thinghs too for getting quality backlinks.

Anis Mizi, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  9. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social media works well when it comes to increasing the traffic to your website. I don't really think that the social media websites are good for backlinks unless you consider taking expensive banner ads.

MilesWeb, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  10. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social media works well when it comes to increasing the traffic to your website. I don't really think that the social media websites are good for backlinks unless you consider taking expensive banner ads.

MilesWeb, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  11. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Social media is a great way to get traffic and backlinks depending on which ones you are using, sharing the links (article links) on the social media is absolutely amazing way to get traffic and backlinks. It works wonders for me, as long as you don't overdo it by sharing something same over and over because that can annoy anyone who follows you on some of the social media or in your friends list so only share once or twice per article or something and they appreciate that.

Joshie, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  12. madhav

madhav Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all we have to understand that Social Media is for Branding, Lead Generation & Traffic after this helps in Backlinking. YES, it helps in to gain natural links if your post or tweet is very populor & some influencer read & linked in their blog. YOU MADE IT !!!!!

I suggest you to target only niche forums for more fruitful results.

madhav, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  13. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can use social media to EARN backlinks from people who like your site or its content and want to connect to it. Leveraging social media to purely generate backlinks within FB or twitter however doesn't work.

Keith Nimble, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  14. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd personally look at using social media networks to drive traffic and make your site/blog look more authoritative in the eyes of the search engines as I do not believe they will have much use if you are hoping to increase your page rank with these kinds of backlinks.

Dean_Saliba, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  15. Clickfinity

Clickfinity Active Member

Best Answers:
    It might be a way to get some short-term traffic and low quality backlinks, but nothing solid or long-term; think of social media as traffic drivers rather than backlink opportunities. :)

Clickfinity, Jun 27, 2014 IP
    Keith Nimble likes this.
  16. PeterStraw

PeterStraw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social media are good to market your content, because most of us are looking for a good content on them. Along with that, it can help with backlinking, you can put links to your website, and if you are smart about using SM, it helps a lot. I recommend Twitter, because most of its content is broadcasting, and if you put good effort to engage, it gets a good result.

PeterStraw, Jun 28, 2014 IP
  17. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd add that a social media presence is a daily responsibility, since you're trying to build multiple relationships at the same time.

Keith Nimble, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  18. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know that it's a great way to get backlinks per se' --or at least backlinks that truly matter, but it will, if you use it correctly, really supplement your site traffic. Just a quick story about the power of social media. I did the marketing and SEO for a chain of nursery schools. They had someone "helping" by getting them inbound links from an offshore company. Needless to say Google penalized that and they dropped down to page four in the SERPs. The thing was, that their traffic kept consistently going up. It took me three days to realize we'd been hit because her calls didn't fall off and her traffic rose-- it was all incoming from social media. That's the power that a well targeted and dynamic social media page can offer you. Google doesn't promise us free traffic and in many cases, you're going to have to supplement it. Social media is one way to get out there and find your own. Happy Sunday!!

ladymacbeth9, Jun 29, 2014 IP
  19. Kaleemahmad1

Kaleemahmad1 Member

Best Answers:
    Social media Platform is best way to get backlinks for good quality content website authority quality backlinks from social bookmarking like as (Pinterest, Stumbleupon, Tumblr, scoop it, etc.)

Kaleemahmad1, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  20. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Social media are nofollow yes but if you succeed and get followed by an influencer your result is guarantee. You can hit #1 easy for some posts/threads, you name it.

Matei Gavriluta, Jul 31, 2014 IP