1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Suggestion!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Ta goroba, Jun 26, 2014.

Hi Everyone,

being a newbie, Finally I have decided to start blog in regards to music. Here I will be discussing with all type Genre, instruments etc.

I am ready with the site title, I just need to register it and I am doing it right now.

Could you please suggest me what are the way to earn with such music blog.

Thanks

Ta goroba, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Look into Google AdSense as a start.

jrbiz, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  3. Asif Aziz

Asif Aziz Member

Best Answers:
    • You can buy a domain name which reflects what you're offering in your site. (preferentially your domain name should be your main keyword, but one that reflects the general theme of your site will be fine).
    • Install WordPress on your domain name (you can use a free blog platform like Blogger.com, but having WP installed gives you more control over your content).
    • You can then start writing high quality engaging posts based on the different categories on your blog, you can also start earning money by embedding affiliate links in your post that relate to the content of your post.
    • You can also create a separate page called 'Recommended Products' and list different affiliate links to related products & maybe have a top 10.
    • You can also use Google Adsense & install this on your blog site to earn some extra revenue
    • Your site/posts will also rank better if you alternate between posts & videos. Don't always assume people want to see written posts.... Every now & then do a quick video presentation & have this on your blog site instead of a 750 word post.
    For WP, install plugins like All In One SEO Pack, which will help you rank your posts higher. It also helps to have a Google+ account & to link your WP blog with your Google+ account for better rankings.

Az

Asif Aziz, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  4. Ta goroba

Ta goroba Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone! I am getting a domain in a while and my main focus is with Music with all genre.

Ta goroba, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  5. broombroom

broombroom Member

Best Answers:
    The main way to earn money with any kind of blog is through advertising and affiliate commissions. Other ways include donations or monthly membership subscriptions or payment for a service you could provide. The biggest money earner however is your email list. Having an email list is an absolute must because you develop a relationship with your readers. From here you could either recommend affiliate products to them or write an ebook and sell it to them.

I would start by writing good content and or providing good videos. Sign up for Google adsense and put a few adverts on your website. You could also sign up to paypal and put a donation button on your site. Remember though don't do it for the money. The money is a byproduct of building a good readership.

broombroom, Jun 27, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  6. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Definitely Adsense but it'll take you some time before getting approved.

Building a list is a must (as mentioned by @broombroom).
    - Create an opt-in form or have a way for your visitors to subscribe.

Do you have in-depth knowledge of music?

You can consider compiling the contents into lessons (PDFs) and sell them as e-books.

Are you passionate about music? It is easier to start with something you know or have the passion for.

Ethan Alvin, Jun 27, 2014 IP
  7. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Now a days Music blogs are becoming very popular niche websites;
    and with the amount of traffic music blogs receive, they are a great way to make some cash.

So, if you are running a local music blog, and are connected with the local music scene, see if you can partner with a ticket seller and sell tickets through your website.

janinaherz, Jun 30, 2014 IP
  8. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well for one, you need lots of targeted traffic. And when they land on your page, you have to monetize them. You can use the following outlets:

- Google Adsense

- Chitika

- Affiliate programs

- Your own product

- A joint venture

- Collaborate with offline business owners

Randall Magwood, Jul 1, 2014 IP