1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why money should not be your only motivation!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by smashcash238, Jun 23, 2014.

This is my first post so i thought i should really contribute

We all know the huge role that money plays in our daily lives but the truth is that when its time for you decide to make significant changes in your life, money is a very shallow goal.
    everyone who has made tremendous amounts of money or at least enough to be happy always has a deeper goal.Of course we understand that we need to get get money to pursue our dreams and goal but look at this.

Have you ever lost something you really need and spent hours searching high and low for it? you get very creative and look in,around over,under and turn your house upside down and still the item is nowhere to be found.then when you finally calm down,focus on something else and almost forgot about it,the item turns out to be in the simplest place or turns up without any effort.
    well this is how attraction seems to work.

If money is your only motivation you make things much harder for yourself,for now and later.

Ask yourself these questions..........

How far would you go for money?
    Is money going to bring you EVERYTHING you want?
    WHEN you get money what is going to motivate you to keep motivated going?

Point is... other than money, ask yourself what would truly make you happy and make that the center of you motivation.

Hope this helps someone.

smashcash238, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Nice first post.

And I sure would like to take my focus off of making money and let it find me; however, I am not sure that the mortgage bank, the college my daughter attends, the grocery store, the auto mechanic and other creditors will be patient enough to wait with me for the money to find us.

That said, one quote that I always remember is: "No one on their deathbed ever expresses regret at not spending more time at the office."

The good news is that I could retire today...
    ...as long as I die by next Monday...
    ...before lunch. :D

jrbiz, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  3. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great post. I think having a singular motivation, whatever it maybe, is a bad and dangerous thing.

Keith Nimble, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  4. mrfyzv

mrfyzv Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that the motivation must be the result of

mrfyzv, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  5. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The first question you should ask before doing anything is why, why you start a business, why you study .. (the money is the result not the motive), if you have a strong/inspiring why or a cause and realized it in what you do and produce, you will attract fans, loyal followers and success.

the best book on the topic i have red is Start with Why, by Simon Sinek
    this is a preview http://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action

homer7, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  6. Sungnani

Sungnani Member

Best Answers:
    The one thing I have learned is that money follows value. That is why people want to get value for money. So instead of money being the primary motivation, I would recommend that you bring good value to your clients and make them pay you. Kind of put money at the back burner. When that happens, your clients become raving fans you cannot control and your client base grows.

Sungnani, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  7. Keith Nimble

Keith Nimble Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great point. I would add that you need to be able to quantify that value in the form of traffic, sales, interactions, etc.

Keith Nimble, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  8. OlegLola

OlegLola Active Member

Best Answers:
    Interesting point of view. By the way we released an article yesterday How To Motivate A Development Team. There are much more motivational point besides money rewards. But surprisingly we get comments from people who don't see any other options to motivate except bonuses in salary.

OlegLola, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  9. Shaneman

Shaneman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Having a passion for the subject matter of the niche really helps to give us the motivation we need to put in the work and overcome any obstacles. Plus the passion for the subject matter makes an online business fun.

Shaneman, Jun 28, 2014 IP