1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website builders - which one is the best?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by JohannM, Jun 23, 2014.

Which website builder is the best? Now there are many different online creators and as I understood many of them are worthy for attention but which one is the best?
    I need to develop website with photogallery and a few pages with services' descriptions. I don't know HTML and that's why I'm looking for convenient and not so expensive website builder for this purpose.

JohannM, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by website builder but I'd recommend you focus on the right content management system. For something simple like a photo gallery you could start by looking at WordPress with NextGen gallery.

sarahk, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  3. MGwebmaster

MGwebmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a few leaders among website builders - each one has its own pros and cons. You should check this site: http://www.webbuildersguide.com/ Personally I recommend Wix which has the best drag and drop editor among all website builders or Weebly which allows to edit its code. For selling will be suitable wix or bigcommerce.

MGwebmaster, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  4. Drumrocker365

Drumrocker365 Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is simple enough and gets the job done.

Drumrocker365, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  5. Inkfeeds

Inkfeeds Peon

Best Answers:
    I would really not recommend website builders... They take a lot of time and the end results are never great nor look very nice. Why not look into already made themes from Themeforest that work with Wordpess? They are very good and not too expensive. I'm sure you'll be able to find the theme that suits you. Otherwise, there are companie that provide unique theme designs for less than $150. We do and see that people prefer it sometimes to themes that have already been used.

Inkfeeds, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  6. chrislim2888

chrislim2888 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check the online hosted builder if you have no plan to touch any code or setup, for example:
    1. Weebly
    2. WordPress
    3. WIX

chrislim2888, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  7. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't recommend website builders as well. Much better to spend some time and learning to use a content management system. Wordpress is actually the best platform you can work on and it's easy to use.

8. Inkfeeds

Inkfeeds Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you consider Wordpress a website builder?

Inkfeeds, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  9. aheebs

aheebs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used Webs for awhile and they were good until they were outdated with their designs. Now I use Wix for one of my sites and love the designs. Would be perfect for your gallery and services page as they have those pre-made for you. Good luck!

aheebs, Jun 24, 2014 IP
    bradrx7 likes this.
  10. JohannM

JohannM Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress is very complicated for me. I'm not a developer and I don't know HTML. I don't know how to upload website to hosting and other things. WordpRess is easy if you know it... in other case you should check for more effective ready-made solutions.

JohannM, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  11. unisun india

unisun india Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wont recommend any other sites for your photography website.because no one can develop as you can.so just look up all the template images on other website and choose the best style of your own.no 1 is unique as ourself.

unisun india, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  12. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need to know how to "upload website to hosting" to create a website with WordPress there are simple auto-installers you can use to get it setup on your web hosting account. There are numerous guides out there that walk you through it e.g. www.easysitestarter.com
    Beyond installing WP using it to get your content up is really simple. You'll get used to things really quickly.

micksss, Jun 26, 2014 IP
  13. kumarkunal

kumarkunal Member

Best Answers:
    There are infact many website builders these days and all promising the world starting from $1 to $5 per month or may be you can get this at yearly price. If you have time then check these sites like moonfruit, yola, jimdo, weebly, websnode.
    If you really want a professional website for your business then you should consider hiring a pro to do the work for you.

kumarkunal, Jul 3, 2014 IP
  14. AlbCoder

AlbCoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its enough to install wordpress others are more easy posting etc.You have milion of plugins for wordpress you dont need to know the html and installing the wordpress is easy too.Some times ago I didnt know how to install wordpress but today I'm making wordpress themes.I think wordpress is the best solution for you

AlbCoder, Jul 5, 2014 IP
  15. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is easier than you think. You just need to study a little more for the basics, then anything flow so clear and obvious. And the practically infinite number of plugins makes this platform the best for any website and niche.

Nigel Lew likes this.
  16. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I have been banging out totally hectic stuff with wordpress for a while now. I have to agree here. Its pretty simple stuff really.

N.

Nigel Lew, Jul 14, 2014 IP
  17. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Honestly if all you need is a simple page with a photo gallery, then you could probably be ok with SquareSpace.

Helge Sverre, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  18. Raman Diyar

Raman Diyar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    WordPress is good for you,

Raman Diyar, Jul 15, 2014 IP
  19. Veer#

Veer# Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, one more vote for WordPress.

Veer#, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  20. Ana-NETCreator

Ana-NETCreator Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use Joomla with free image gallery component.

Ana-NETCreator, Jul 23, 2014 IP