1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A note for people doing SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Rickeo, Jun 19, 2014.

Just got into SEO not long ago myself. So I'm reading through posts and threads on this forum and I'm shocked to see the amount of people getting frustrated there site/brand is at the same rank on search engines only after a few days.

Guys most SEO work takes WEEKS and something even MONTHS before you see a positive outcome. Sure there are black hat methods of gaining better ranking guys BUT seriously if you want your website to truly succeed it takes HARD WORK TIME AND DEDICATION these things wont happen over night.

The one thing I could recommend to other new comers to SEO is be patient and be prepared to work hard. As the old saying goes if something sounds to good to be true it normally is stay away from methods promising over night success.

That is all!

Rickeo, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  2. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEO :) A forever competition. Let`s say that we both are in the same niche, doing seo for our 2 websites. Wouldn`t this be a pointless work, since we both try to best each other so rather let things flow?

webcosmo, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  3. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    At the end of the day the site that make great conversion that matters the most! Maybe your site might be ranking 1st for the particular keyword but the website on the 2nd rank might be making more conversion! It always come down on how your site make makes the conversion! What's the point you rank 1st and never make good conversion?

Pillai.G, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  4. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, said Rickeo !! The problem I am seeing with the newcomers in SEO is they are trying to rank themselves in just a day !! they are forgetting that you can't rank yourself in a day, and just to rank themselves over search engines what they do is they take the help of the black hat techniques and ended up with in getting themselves caught in the hands of search engines.

John Dave, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  5. Rickeo

Rickeo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks John I've not been doing SEO long but I've picked up the basics and it doesn't take a genius to see that you need to invest time and energy into this and be patient yet people are just expecting over night success.

Rickeo, Jun 19, 2014 IP
    John Dave likes this.
  6. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rickeo, I think new comers start SEO with hard working, do each and everything that they can and get tired soon. Now, they expect desirable results(ranking, traffic or both). They should understand that each SEO channel or technique is not helpful for all types of website. There are some old/out-dated and some new/advance seo methods to promote websites. So, "SEO method or channel research" should be first step before starting seo for website. Being updated with latest technology, search engines' latest guidelines, following experts' recommendation should be last step.

Kristina Roy, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  7. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes good posts. I am also curious (and maybe CONFUSED) why so many webmasters expects INSTANT results (or at least they want their websites to be on 1st page in just a couple of days...)

patco, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  8. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO is a great way to to help drive traffic to a site, but its ultimate about what is on the site and, as was pointed out previously, conversion. If you're focusing entirely on SEO and obsessing over ranking, its a bit like arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

David Tile, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  9. Beck800

Beck800 Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that SEO takes hard work and effort and sometimes it doesnt even rank if the competition is too high.

Beck800, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  10. JCTunstall

JCTunstall Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Couldn't agree more! We would have quit ages ago if we were looking for instant results. SEO is definitely a long-term strategy, IMHO! We started seeing results after 3-6 months of weekly blog posts + videos.

JCTunstall, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  11. Mihai Alexandru

Mihai Alexandru Active Member

Best Answers:
    The idea is that newcomers don't have the patience to make things right. They are trying to fool the system so they could rank better. Well, they are the fools in this matter. The problem is that if you try to make them understand this they won't take your advice as it meant to be taken. This is the problem with new generation.

Mihai Alexandru, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  12. Garry_West

Garry_West Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For me, the biggest problem is not about unpatient SEOs, but about unpatient business owners that want SEO. Because having no patience here means that they can leave in a month before the real results.

Garry_West, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  13. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Get rich or die tryin"...it's the same thing with SEO. If you go with the big boys you will see that in time you will rank. Overnight results are hard to get, that's true. Now it's about authority, awareness and quality on engines, still classic SEO remains the same.

Matei Gavriluta, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  14. Mihai Alexandru

Mihai Alexandru Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're right. These days many clients want to see results faster and spend less money. Not everyone understand the idea of SEO but this is life...

Mihai Alexandru, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  15. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you are absolutely right. @Rickeo SEO is completely a long time process.

We can't expect walking from a new born baby. Similarly We can't expect good results from a new born website.

Anis Mizi, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  16. David Tile

David Tile Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree clients want results - fast! Unfortunately, almost any type of marketing should be a long-term strategy measured from quarter-to-quarter, not week-to-week or month-to-month.

David Tile, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  17. ActionEstore

ActionEstore Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with you @Rickeo.. :) ... nice post

ActionEstore, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  18. evgenktulu

evgenktulu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Such threads should be posted in the general chat section or something.. Nothing interesting here

evgenktulu, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  19. scottgerri

scottgerri Member

Best Answers:
    After read this thread I realized that HardWok => Patience => Success

scottgerri, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  20. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    Well said... patient and hard word with updated knowledge is more important for SEO

m.sivarajan, Jun 25, 2014 IP