1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HOTMAIL/YAHOO sends my emails to SPAM

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by Andy Williams, Jun 24, 2014.

Hi,

Can anyone help with improving my sites reputation so my emails go to inbox automatically?

I am using Mandrill but its not stopped this happening. Does anyone offer white listing service for hotmail?

I am willing to pay if reasonable.

Andy Williams, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  2. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm just taking a blind stab in the dark here, but I'm guessing you are talking about an email address on yourdomain.com and that you are probably using a cheap shared hosting account. The problem with shared hosting is that there are so many other websites crammed in there that odds are at least one of them has been spamming, making the whole IP address of the server (and everyone on it) classified as a spammer. If this is the problem, you'll need to either upgrade to a VPS or ask your host if you can pay a little extra to have your own IP.

Foxxy, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  3. Andy Williams

Andy Williams Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply.

I wish it was that simple. We are using VPS at moment on OVH and have even transferred my domain to OVH. According to my developer my domain is blacklisted, but I have no evidence of this and not sure how to unblack list. I am certain my domain has never used by anyone else in past.

4. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt that your domain is blacklisted then. It is probably still your IP address. Whoever had it before you might have been spamming. Ask OVH if they will change your IP address and see if that clears things up. I use to have the same problem long ago and as soon as I upgraded to VPS it went away automagically.

Or maybe someone else has a better suggestion?

Foxxy, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  5. Andy Williams

Andy Williams Peon

Best Answers:
    I DIDNT think of that tbh.. I only thought about my domain being blacklisted.

6. Andy Williams

Andy Williams Peon

Best Answers:
    ill try that.

7. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    Some email programs have blocks on them and unless the Person you have sent the email to has your email address in their book it will be reported as spam. Also emails with pictures or forwards will be blocked and be consider spam.

jasmeencress, Nov 20, 2014 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am surprised nobody mentioned this already. If you do not have DKIM and/or SPF records set up, Yahoo will immediately put incoming emails into the spam folder. Gmail did, too, for my test. It's automatic. Email providers are assuming today that legitimate emails will have DKIM and SPF setup. Some are even going so far as to require rDNS (which is unreasonable in my opinion).

So setup DKIM and SPF records and I am sure you will find your emails no longer immediately go into the spam folder. It is possible that the IP address is blacklisted, but the first cause to investigate is a lack of DKIM and SPF records.

billzo, Nov 21, 2014 IP