1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO explained: rank checkers and Google CAPTCHA

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Khivrin, Jun 19, 2014.

Have you seen the strange CAPTCHA Google asks you to insert before you are able to continue your search? We all know this happens when Google takes you for a robot for some reason. But why would it need this sort of protection?

[​IMG]

Google contains data about your website ranks for each keyword. Rank Checkers gather this sort of data for their users and sell it along with services. Would Google like to share data with somebody? Of course not. The CAPTCHA stands on the way.

Although this activity has nothing to do with spam as nothing is posted during rank check, CAPTCHA stands on the way of SEO professionals in this case. SERP trackers solve the problem with the help of different decaptchers. With the complication of CAPTCHA, OCR software dedicated to solving CAPTCHAs becomes less and less productive. SERP tracking systems rely on captcha solvers that have microwokers staff behind them.

Non-SEO people know nothing about this side of the Internet so they take the Google CAPTCHA phenomena just as a sort of boring mistake while it is a part of SEO routine.

What SERP Trackers and CAPTCHA solvers you use and recommend? Why?

Khivrin, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. But this CAPTCHA thing happens when you use a software that generates a BIG amount of traffic or if your IP is public and a lot of people are using it in the same moment (which is again a big amount of traffic itself!) ;)

patco, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  3. Khivrin

Khivrin Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Both things are true, so you can add Rank Checkers to the list: if not public IP or generated traffic, look around, you've got a SEO professional somewhere near you. ;)

Khivrin, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  4. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    I face this problem when I use Seoquake tool on firefox browser. When I search with any keyword, that tool collect huge information.

Also you can face this problem, if you some of you use same internet connection and Google thinks you are using a bot for getting search results.

Anis Mizi, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  5. Khivrin

Khivrin Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What do you use as captcha solver with seoquake?

Khivrin, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  6. Anis Mizi

Anis Mizi Member

Best Answers:
    When I use seoquake, I don't face the captcha on every search. It appears after 5-6 searches, more or less. I simply solve the captcha.

But in case of a public IP, you will face captcha reppeatedly. We have nothing to do but solve the captcha I think.

Anis Mizi, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  7. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    When i search in some other country based google i face this problem, Google ask me to enter the captcha.. i think google planed to stop the bolt..

m.sivarajan, Jun 25, 2014 IP
  8. Khivrin

Khivrin Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    true, m. sivarajan, but it isn't helping much to stop, actually.

Khivrin, Jun 26, 2014 IP