1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Negative PayPal Balance

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Kyoshiwarrior, Jun 13, 2014.

Hello,
    I wonder what happens if I don't pay a negative balance that is 50$?
    I sold a gaming account to someone and he was very suspicious about the payment so when he sent me tve money I sent it right away to my otver PayPal account and then to my bank. The next day he charged the money back and the money is held and within 10 days I have to chose bewtween 3 options or the scammer will get his money back and my balance will remain-50$

I am 20 and I live in sweden, the PP he sent the money to is not provided with my real personal information and is not connected to my bank. But the other PP is connected and has my name, phone, adress etc.
    I am atm broke and I study in college, the dispute is being reviewd by paypal and it looks like the scammer will have his money back.

I have 2 accounts because the first one was my first acc and I didnt know what paypal was really so I just putted random info. Few years later I decided to use PP and created a new acc with my real info because I forgot the pass on my other. And everytime I sell something I send it from my PP1 to my PP2 in case if they make a dispute like this one.

Kyoshiwarrior, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  2. comtec

comtec Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have had this happen to me to the tune of several thousand dollars. They freeze the account and send it to collections. Once the account is caught up (paid) it is then unfrozen and you can use it again.

comtec, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  3. Kyoshiwarrior

Kyoshiwarrior Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by "send it to collections"?

Kyoshiwarrior, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  4. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Basically they will have a collection company try to collect on the debt. In the US that would typically come with a collection account on a credit report and if the debt is large enough they can get a court judgement and garnish wages.

jestep, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  5. Kanonig

Kanonig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have justification paypal will listen to you.

Attach as many evidence and screenshot of your transaction with the OP
    and see how it goes.

Kanonig, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  6. Kyoshiwarrior

Kyoshiwarrior Peon

Best Answers:
    This is 50$ will I get in trouble?

Kyoshiwarrior, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  7. Andraž Rihtar

Andraž Rihtar Member

Best Answers:
    Most likely nothing will happen as long as you cover your debt within a few months. I had a negative balance (-$75) due to a similar scam and I wasn't contacted by PayPal or anyone during that time (~4 months).

Andraž Rihtar, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  8. ndanev

ndanev Peon

Best Answers:
    First check the conditions of your payment. Digital goods (such as accounts are strictly forbidden for sale) however if the money were sent as payment for "services" that will automatically decide the dispute in favor of the seller.
    Second if you are using the account, that has negative balance, with your real ip, make sure you do not login on other accounts with it after it gets banned, else that will trigger chain reaction. Multiple account is forbidden by paypal and might leave you unable to use their services with your current address + card/bank account + IP

ndanev, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  9. WebHostDog

WebHostDog Banned

Best Answers:
    I do not think negative PayPal balance is a problem as long as you keep working.

WebHostDog, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  10. SAGILIO

SAGILIO Member

Best Answers:
    nothing will happen relax bro

SAGILIO, May 14, 2015 IP