1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PremiumCPM Rate Review + Comparison

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by wrekoniz3, May 20, 2014.

?

How does your current network's rates, ad quality, and support compare? Better/Worse

1. Worse Rates

25.0%
  2. Better Rates

25.0%
  3. Worse Ad Quality

25.0%
  4. Better Ad Quality

25.0%
  5. Worse Support

25.0%
  6. Better Support

25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    Hello All!

Hope all is well with everyone on DP. So I wanted to do something some what different. I have been a web master now for well over a decade. I have used every kind of network, and pretty much all of them. If I haven't used the network I have done business with them, or know people who work there, or know the CEO's / Owners.

Getting to the point, its well known I work for PremiumCPM. Clearly based off my posting patterns and based off my signature. But, I am still a web master too. I still look for the best deals, the best way to make money with web traffic, and the best solutions. Partially because its my job, and partially because it facilitates extra income for me :)

People might not know this, but I personally use PremiumCPM too. Yes. I'm restricted to several rules such as advertising the URL as Owned and Operated, Publicly Releasing the URL, and I'm not allowed to manage my own account, oh, and I make the same RevShare as others, nothing special.

So I wanted to provide a review from a non-biased point of view, based off my experiences with other networks and how they actually compared to PremiumCPM and how the CPM rates compare to others I have personally used / worked with.

Lets start off with Rates. Provided is a screen shot of some recent activity taken straight from my publisher account with PremiumCPM. This is what my payouts are with the 80% RevShare I am receiving for Banners.

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 5.52.06 AM.png
    Let me review a few other networks I have used in the last 6 months. I have to be fair here so I want to make note I used exactly the same site on every network. I know every site gets different rates overall.

Google: Higher Rates. Actually BEST RATES in the world. Lucky if you actually get paid because 1 small mistake, or if 1 search engine bot hits your site, and triggers their undefined "fraud" system -> Bye Bye to earnings.

Media Shakers: Same inventory. Same Platform. $0.00 RPM's

Marimedia: Same inventory. Same Platform. $0.01 RPM's

YBrant Digital: Same Inventory. Same Platform. $0.01 RPM's

CPXi: Same Inventory. Same Platform. $0.01 RPM's

Lijit/Sovrn: Same Inventory. Less than 1% fill at around $0.50 CPM's.

There was another network, (can't name): Less than 25% Fill with a $0.10 CPM floor. Then when it was time to get paid, they sent me an invoice for 2 times my earnings and expected me to pay their ad serving fees.

I see some other smaller forum networks around here which according to reviews have had better rates. Can't really go by that, but I also can't work with a small company. I'm pretty skeptical of which networks I work with.

Ad Quality: Huge issue amongst networks recently. Especially and RTB and Programmatic Buying picks up.

PremiumCPM Ad Quality: A few months back, it was horrible. I remember working with clients day and night trying to identify issues and resolve them. It was a nightmare. Even on the new platform, it started off shaky, I told my Account Manager (an Associate/Co-worker) that it needs to be corrected. They just set a higher compliance restriction, and I was set. Earnings were not impacted at all and I have not had one complaint since. Ad Quality is Great.

Google: Great Ad Quality. But shouldn't expect anything less considering if you sneeze they will ban you for life.

Media Shakers: Extremely Poor. Redirects, Pops, Downloads, Malware alerts. Oh and Account Managers are not willing/able to do set the restrictions properly... So as a result you end up with poor ad quality driving visitors away and even worse rates.

Marimedia: Extremely Poor. Pretty much exactly the same as Media Shakers. I like the company and the guys that work there though. I just don't like that they require invoicing.

YBrant Digital: Extremely Poor. Exactly the same as Media Shakers an Marimedia. I have only seen them make 1 payment with in 2 weeks of being on time as well.

CPXI: Extremely Poor. Pretty much the same as Media Shakers, Marimedia, and YBrant.

Lijit/Sovrn: Great Quality considering less than 1% of my traffic actually got filled.

Support. Yes - I work around the clock as an Account Manager. Does everyone here do that? No. Even though I'm an Employee I'm not allowed to manage my own Account for Compliance purposes and conflict of interest. So I have to follow the same support protocols with my account as anyone else would. Does everyone work like me? No. Can't expect that. How ever, when I'm out of the office and I need to make a change or I need a quick update it is awesome being able to jump on the site and message one of the live operators who are probably sitting in the office pulling their hair out because they are bored (yes it happens lol). If I'm on the road and can't use live chat, I call the main line, and someone always picks up. Which is great because when I'm in the office and not busy usually its me who picks up to help anyone/everyone I can. The last I was told, average support response times 24/7 is under 3 mins.

So how does this stack up to others?

Google: Google doesn't provide you an Account Manager unless you are an extremely large client. There is no phone support. The email support responds within 1 - 3 business days and usually copy and pastes a response from the self serve documentation. So in a few cases I had a simple question which the self serve docs didn't answer and it took me 2 weeks to get it answered. Support Rating: Extremely Poor.

Media Shakers: I got passed off to a few account managers, but overall they were helpful. The help really didn't lead to an increase in rates in any way shape or form, and the inventory was blamed for the poor rates. Whats concerning is we use the same platform at PremiumCPM and see MUCH higher rates on strictly 100% CPM Based Campaigns.

Marimedia: Only had got passed off to 2 different Account Managers, both were great. Good guys, I'm a fan of there company overall. They do work with you to help you out. I'm just not a fan of how they are on the same platform and I see such different rates. I'm on an 80% RevShare with them as well - but based off what I'm seeing I don't know how that could actually be possible. Let me just say though, I like and respect all the guys I know there. I'm just being honest. :)

YBrant Digital: My Account Manager was pretty much MIA (Missing In Action) 98% of the time. Unless I was harassing her because their payment was almost a month over due.

CPXi: I didn't really use CPX much recently just a little, I used to do business with them back in 2008. They have a great group of guys there. I like not having to invoice them. I like that the Account Managers at least act like they are attempting to help you, its assuring, but the numbers don't lie.

Lijit/Sovrn: Support doesn't exist. Literally can't even give it a poor, its far less than the worst of the worst of the worst. I have emailed them 10 times, called 5 times, and didn't get one response. They automatically make changes to your account and are no where to be found if something happens by error or you need something corrected. Trash Support.

Conclusion:

I have yet to see anyone reliably compare to PremiumCPM on all ends. Again, from a non-biased point of view. Now in the interest of transparency there are surely a few networks which are on here which some may say are great networks but I don't/won't work with them. I base my decision on who to work with off of several things, one of which includes companies who I see in attendance at popular industry expo's such as AdTech which I attend. Also, proven years a network has been in business. I have seen networks say they have been in business since 2003 but their site was registered in 2013.

I have seen and heard of people who haven't liked the rates, but its on a site by site - case by case basis. Sure if your site has 20 Ads per page, you might be better off with clicksor. Our Premium Channel has had clients with payouts up to $30 RPM's. So its not a matter of rates with PremiumCPM - more a matter of Quality.

From what I have seen, and from what most clients have told me. Its a great package. Rates, Ad Quality, and Support.

As far as learning more about PremiumCPM (my signature, which isn't an Affiliate link) or for more information about becoming a publisher Click Here.

Also if you have any questions concerns feel free to check out our thread here on DP. Generally I suggest checking this first: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/premiumcpm-high-end-pure-cpm-network.2669898/

Now surly you can say "oh, I expected him to say that". Well I want to hear your feedback on networks you use. Lets turn this into a discussion. Based on 3 things. Rates, Ad Quality, and Support. Of course getting paid counts too - But that assumes there was no fraudulent activity which no one on DP willingly wants to admit to.

wrekoniz3, May 20, 2014 IP
    mustafasst likes this.
  2. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few people I would like to get engaged in this conversation:

@aassociatehit (you provide great feed back on various networks).
    @debapriya deb (some great experience with various networks, large and small).

wrekoniz3, May 20, 2014 IP
  3. Domainut

Domainut Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Interested in trying PremiumCPM. I currently use contextweb, cox, sovrn, and a few others, but still have a few million impressions from passbacks. Do you offer passbacks?

Domainut, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  4. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    Usually we don't do passbacks because we are an RTB Based 100% Fill Publisher SSP.

wrekoniz3, Jun 20, 2014 IP
  5. leosport

leosport Member

Best Answers:
    I registered in premiumCPM 1 week ago and so far has not sent me email to say whether I was accepted or NO

leosport, Jun 21, 2014 IP
  6. wrekoniz3

Best Answers:
    There is no "registration" its an Application. I checked with compliance for you, and I'm PM'ing you your status now.

wrekoniz3, Jun 22, 2014 IP