1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hair loss solutions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by dupendra, Jun 18, 2014.

Hello there,

I have a big problem of hair falls, if you have any home based solution that can prevent my hair falls then plz let me know....thanks

dupendra, Jun 18, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's just a fact of life. You can spend time, energy and money chasing something only you care about, or you can get on with life.

sarahk, Jun 18, 2014 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  3. stock_post

stock_post Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Eating healthy foods - Natural foods (Preferably uncooked)
    Vegetables and fruits in more quantities will stop the falling. (Stops Aging as well)
    Use less salt (as little as possible)
    if you are eating leafy vegetables you may stop taking salt completely.

This is a no cost (low cost)
    No need to buy medicine (no chemicals to take)

Prefer organic or fruits and Vegetables that are grown with less pesticides.

stock_post, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  4. Mayers

Mayers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Personally I've seen someone try using the hair implants but it ended up being a total fail, they didn't take and ended up infected. Not worth it IMO. If it's time to go bald (started happening to me), it's best just go with it. You can try what stock_post said, not sure if it's going to help in the end though.

Mayers, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  5. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I once visited a doctor and said do you have a solution for hair loss. He bowed his head down and said, if I had a solution I would not be bald myself and I would be a millionaire, LOL

gkd_uk, Jun 19, 2014 IP
    Hungryforsuccess likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is male pattern baldness which is genetic and there is no known treatment other than Rogaine, a prescription topical application that has had minor effect on baldness. They also have an over-the-counter shampoo, I believe, but it is probably even less effective than the prescription option. Male pattern baldness is genetic, so if your father, uncles, etc., suffer from it, you probably are, as well. Despite its name, a small percentage of women suffer from it, as well. The current theory is that high levels of testosterone in the bloodstream help to cause the hair follicles to stop producing for no apparent reason. I suspect that there is A LOT of research money being spent on this as a "cure" would be a BIG moneymaker for the inventor.

However, men and women lose hair due to other health issues. A host of ailments can cause hair loss, so if baldness does not run in your family, you may want to have a check up, have some blood tests taken, etc.

Diet can also have a big effect. I know a woman who went on the Ideal Protein Diet which actually helped her to lose a fair amount of weight. It also caused her to lose a lot of hair. Once she stopped the diet, the hair grew back, but it was noticeable for a while. So, it would not hurt to be sure that you are eating a healthy, balanced diet.

You could also shave your head and be done with it, like Bruce Willis and many others.

jrbiz, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  7. impishme84

impishme84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eat healthy, and keep you scalp clean. These two things can do wonders, if the problem is severe then you need to see a dermatologist immediately.

impishme84, Jun 19, 2014 IP
  8. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is no solution - coming from a pharmacist!

ETA, Jun 22, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Shave your head and be awesome. :) I've been shaving my head since I was 26. I've thought about getting laser hair removal on my head so I don't have to shave anymore. hah

digitalpoint, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  10. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Was thinking of shaving my head too but was worried how it would like in a "professional environment" esp as my patients are used to seeing me with hair.

Did you shave you head Shawn because you liked the style or because you were losing your hair?

ETA, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Was being lazy mostly... tired of having to get haircuts. lol

12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the locals, I guess, but the men I know in their 40s with shaved heads are all professionals. Tats and piercings are a bigger issue IMO but even that's changing.

sarahk, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  13. ETA

ETA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No offense but that is lazy lol - My older brother it worse, he shaves his own hair not only because he's lazy to keep getting it cut but to save money :p

Well I'm not 40 yet so maybe I have some time to consider it - it does help when I hear how much girls are into shaved head guys now lol

ETA, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The first week it's weird just because it's so different... Now I wouldn't want it any other way.

15. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hair fall problem is natural this days, so you can't prevent them but certain measure definitely help.
    Like wash your hair atleast 2 times a week and massage it with good hair oil, this exercise will surely works.

janinaherz, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  16. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Does that mean it hasn't always been a problem?

sarahk, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  17. PlayerUp.com

PlayerUp.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    So I figured it was about time to signup to digitalpoint. Don't listen to what these people say. One of the businesses I work in is for people who suffer hair loss and I can say that there are plenty of solutions out there to STOP hair loss but REGROWTH is very unlikely.

I will follow up with another longer post in a minute.

Here are the solutions I recommend based on years of doing research. Note that these are safe products. I myself am using experimental products now and wouldn't recommend those. The trick to hair loss is consistency and using more than 1 product. If you aren't disciplined to do this on a daily basis, you won't be able to save your remaining hair. I will try to explain things as simple as I can and not used words you likely wouldn't know what they are. Hair loss is caused by aging in which your genes stop reproducing specific "secondary" cells is a good way to say it and DHT your body produces then attached to your hair and slowly shrinks it to the point you lose your hair follicle completely.

Here is what I do and don't recommend:

Recommended
    • Minoxidil - A well known and established hair loss growth stimulant topical treatment commonly known as Rogaine. It works but the ads that say 66% of me regrow hair is bogus. I have never heard anyone regrow hair they lost with Minoxidil. Don't buy rogaine, go with a cheaper alternative like Kirkland. Twice a day is preferred.
    • RU58841 - A well known and established hair loss anti androgen DHT blocking topical treatment. Product that needs to be purchased through retailers overseas. The side effects are non existent unless you have thin skin where any topical will cause side effects. What this does is it binds to your hair receptors blocking DHT from attaching which is 1 of the 2 major factors that causes hair loss. There are other anti androgens but this is the most known and proven.
    Not Recommended
    • Dutasteride and Finasteride - A well known and established hair loss DHT reducing oral drug commonly known as Propecia or Avodart. It works but the side effects are extreme and become very noticeable as you continue to use it.
    I could mention many other products to you but I will stop there. Those are the 2 most important in my opinion and once you start there and ready to try different things, then I can recommend others. Attack the problem now and you can fix it. Continue to wait and expect further hair loss. Additionally, there are more modern surgeries available such as FUE which extract the hair from your body and then they reinsert it back into your head.

Only a combination of hair growth stimultants, anti androgens, dht inhibitor will completely stop hair loss.

However, there are alot of natural treatments out there but make very little difference and won't completely stop hair loss but due help in terms of delaying it. Here for example if the list of natural oils you can use as a topical solution and no oil is a clear #1 based on all the research we spent on oils:

Avocado Carrier Promotes Hair Growth and Conditioning
    Basil Essential Promotes Hair Growth
    Caster Essential Promotes Hair Growth and Thickens
    Cedarwood Essential Promotes Hair Growth
    Coconut Carrier Promotes Healthy Hair, Protects Hair Shaft
    Emu Carrier Activates Dormant Hair
    Frankincense Essential Strengthens Hair
    Geranium Essential Promotes Hair Growth
    Grape Seed Carrier Restores Hair
    Grapefruit Carrier Promotes Hair Growth
    Jojoba Carrier Strengthens Hair
    Lavender Carrier Promotes Hair Growth
    Lemon Carrier Promotes Hair Growth
    Olive Carrier Restores Hair
    Peppermint Carrier Reduces Oily Hair
    Pumpkin Seed Carrier Inhibit DHT Formation
    Rosemary Essential Promotes Hair Growth
    Sage Essential Promotes Hair Growth
    Tea Tree Essential Sooths Scalp
    Thyme Essential Promotes Hair Growth, Helps Decrease Cox2
    Western Red Cedar Essential Promotes Hair Growth
    Ylang Ylang Essential Promotes Hair Growth

Avocado Oil Comprised of beneficial nutrients such as vitamin A, E and D, protein, copper, magnesium, iron, folic acid, and amino acids. All these nutrients are vital for hair growth and health; it also conditions the hair and helps with moisture retention.
    Basil Oil Promotes growth
    Castor Oil This is heavy oil that is one of the best sealants because of its structure. It conditions the hair giving it the strength and resilience it needs to stand up to daily care. It promotes hair growth, moisturizes the hair, hair appears thicker with consistent use, and helps tames frizz.
    Coconut Oil Once coconut oil enters the hair shaft it actually has the ability to patch and protect the hair from the inside out. It is light in weight and non greasy and one of the highest recommended oil for promoting healthy hair. It’s an excellent conditioner, helps prevent dandruff and is wonderful for scalp massages
    Grape Seed Oil Also known as a carrier oil for other essential oils, in other words you can add any strong essential oil that may need to be diluted to grape seed oil. Grape Seed Oil is used to nourish the scalp, prevent against dandruff, it contains Vitamin E and linoleic acid and can also be used as a natural heat protectant due to its properties.
    Jojoba Oil Tthe structure of jojoba oil is the closest to the makeup of the sebum that is naturally produced from the scalp. This makes the oil highly superior for nourishing the scalp; it has anti bacterial properties which keeps the scalp and hair healthy.
    Lavender Oil Scalp treatment, massages, even Lice
    Lemon Oil Highlights, encourages under active sebaceous glands to get active
    Olive Oil A light oil that also penetrates the hair shaft. Main benefits include sealing, reducing split ends, strengthening hair from the inside out, and conditioning. Olive oil can be added to shampoo to protect the hair from getting stripped it is also great as a pre conditioning treatment before shampoo (prepoo).
    Peppermint Oil Used to combat dry hair, promotes hair growth, tingles on the scalp and great for massages
    Rosemary Oil Promotes hair growth, minimizes dandruff
    Tea Tree Oil Treatment for dry scalp, dandruff, lice, and underactive sebaceous glands

Acai
    Almond
    Aloe Vera
    Amla
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Argan
    Avocado
    Ayur Vedic
    Balsam Peru
    Basil
    Bayberry
    Bhringai
    Black Caster
    Black Walnut Halls
    Borage
    Camellia
    Camelina
    Caster Oil
    Chamomile
    Canga Oraga
    Carrot
    Caster
    Cedarwood
    Cedrus Alantica
    Chilean Hazelnut (Gevuina)
    Clary Sage
    Coconut
    Cypress
    Emu
    Fennel
    Frankincense
    Geranium
    Grape Seed
    Grapefruit
    Hazelnut
    Helichrysum
    Hemp
    Indigo
    Indra Neeli
    Jasmine
    Jojoba
    Krill
    Laurus Nobilis
    Lavender
    Lemon
    Lmarosa
    Marjoram
    Marula
    MCT
    Monolaurin
    Moroccan
    Myrrh
    Myrtus Communis
    Neelibhrinhadi
    Neroli
    Orange
    Oregano
    Olive
    Palmarosa
    Parachute Ayurvedic
    Patchouli
    Peppermint
    Petitgrain
    Pimenta Racemosa
    Postegemon Patchouli
    Primrose
    Pumpkin Seed
    Roman Chamomile
    Rose
    Rose Hip
    Rose Otto
    Rosemary
    Rosewood
    Rosmarinus Officinalis
    Sage
    Salvia Officinalis
    Sandalwood
    Seabuckthorn
    Sesa
    Sesame
    Tamanu
    Taruna
    Tea Tree
    Thyme
    Thymus Satureiroides
    Tomato Seed
    Topical Saw Palemeto
    Vegetable Squalene
    Walnut
    Western Red Cedar
    Ylang Ylang
    Vitamin E

For supplements, there are dozens of products you can take. Add these to your diet:

Acai Berry
    Acetyl-L-Carnitine Arginate
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Astaxanthin
    Beta Sitosterol
    Biosil
    Biotin
    Black Tea Extract
    Caffeine
    Calcium
    Carnosine
    Coenzyme Q10
    Cysteine
    Curcumin
    EPA/DHA
    Garlic Pills
    Ginkgo Biloba Extract
    Glutathione
    Grapeseed Extract
    Green Tea Exact
    He shou wu
    Horsetail
    Hydrolyzed Collagen
    JarroSil
    Krill Oil
    L-Alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine (GPC)
    L-Arginine
    L-Lysine
    Lycopene
    MSM
    Niacin
    Pantothetic Acid
    Pycnogenol
    Resveratrol
    Rooibos
    Saw Palmetto Extract
    Selenium
    Soy Isoflavones
    Theaflavins Standardized Extract
    Toco-8
    Vitamin A
    Vitamin B
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D3
    Vitamin E
    Vitamin K2
    Zinc

Note: Some of these aren't for hair loss but looking at my old list of vitamins I needed. Calcium for example does nothing towards hair loss.

Here are some more but they maybe repeats:

Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Beta Sitosterol
    Biosil
    Biotin
    Black Tea Extract
    Caffeine
    Calcium
    Carnosine
    Coenzyme Q10
    Cysteine
    Curcumin
    EPA/DHA
    Garlic Pills
    Ginkgo Biloba Extract
    Glutathione
    Grapeseed Extract
    Green Tea Exact
    He shou wu
    Horsetail
    Hydrolyzed Collagen
    JarroSil
    Krill Oil
    L-Alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine (GPC)
    L-Arginine
    L-Lysine
    Lycopene
    MSM
    Niacin
    Odorless Garlic
    Pantothetic Acid
    Polysorbate 80
    Proanthocyanidins
    Pycnogenol
    Resveratrol
    Rooibos
    Saw Palmetto Extract
    Selenium
    Soy Isoflavones
    Theaflavins Standardized Extract
    Toco-8
    Vitamin A
    Vitamin B
    Vitamin C
    Vitamin D3
    Vitamin E
    Vitamin K2
    Zinc

Start using Nizoral 2% Shampoo. No Shampoo we found is superior over the other. If Nizoral doesn't work for you and you need a lighter shampoo, go with Revita, Regenepure, or Nioxin.

Now if you're thinking, this is too much work, then you need to look at FUE or a hair transplant. Anyway hopefully this helps. I could go on and on about this but I'll stop there. Good luck!

That's for temporarily hair loss issues. If you're suffering from permanent hair loss (Alopecia) then this doesn't work.

On a side note, I would hope a male washes his hair more than 2 times a week.

Yes and they'll recommend Propecia which you should stay far away from. To be honest, most dermatologists have no clue how to really fix hair loss. Just wasting your time and money.

This again is not for people who suffer Alopecia. It helps yes but natural treatments despite countless efforts has failed to solve hair loss for people permanently suffering from it.

I will say that I start to attack the problem myself in 2009, lost some more hair towards 2011 because I didn't use the proper treatments and since 2011, I haven't lost any further hair but haven't regrown any either.

This shouldn't happen if the doctor properly did it. Anyone concerned this might happen should start off with a very small 1000 graft surgery and see what happens. If it doesn't work, not a big loss.

You're limited to what products you're able to sell.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    PlayerUp.com, Jun 23, 2014 IP
    mytechiestuff likes this.
  18. dailycoins

dailycoins Member

Best Answers:
    There's really no solution to this problem. I suggest that you just accept it and enjoy your life.

dailycoins, Jun 23, 2014 IP
  19. Alter2Ego

Alter2Ego Active Member

Best Answers:
    ALTER2EGO -to- DUPENDRA:

A natural treatment is a paste made from a blend of ayurvedic herbs in powdered form, which should be mixed with water until it is a thick paste that you can scoop up with your fingers. Paste it over your entire scalp and hair, and then put a plastic cap over that and leave it on for about an hour. Then rinse it out. Do this at least twice a week. If nothing else, it will strengthen the hair follicles.

Alter2Ego, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  20. cblanke

cblanke Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, I dont understand why people think going bald is the end of there life. Going bald is a natural occurrence and there is no solution but to except it and move on. I am almost 50 and have been going bald sense my early 30's and the best solution i found to the problem is to just shave my head and live with it. Going bald is not as much of a deal as it was when i was a child and comes down to how you feel about yourself.

If you are comfortable with yourself then going bald should not be a issue....

cblanke, Jul 14, 2014 IP